Fleet platoons

Prev1
The character platoons were made so that you could always fill 3 and 4. I am wondering why fleet is not the same? Last light side and now this dark side my guild has been unable to fill 5 platoons due to sith fighter and Lando’s Falcon. This is frustrating since we are a 150gp guild and we are being punished for not buying two ships that are not farmable.

This cost us a star last LSTB. Come on CG throw us a bone here.

Replies

• Same here...
    A hint to CG: if you want us to buy a ship, perhaps you should make it a useful one. Noones going to buy something solely for the platoons, it just creates frustration.
  • Agreed, this is yet another statement by CG that only P2P players really matter. For shame.
  • Come on CG, be the good guys and don't gimp us!
  • It's obnoxious. The cost of those ships needed is not worth the rewards gained. We know you want money and we are spending, but come on...
  • mgoblueballs
    49 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I only have money allocated to spend on Rose. Give her a ship for platoons and then maybe I'd buy it. But making two unfarmable ships necessary to complete even just two platoons and subsequently affecting our star ability in TB is just lame and sounds like something that the people who made Battlefront 2 would do.
    Oh wait...
  • Yeah - Generally, many of us WILL spend cash.... but it has to be on something worth buying... We're not totally stupid...
  • daft.... ?
  • Obo_Nâm wrote: »
    daft.... ?
    LOL! Gotta love over-zealous swear filters... not. :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rucous1 wrote: »
    The character platoons were made so that you could always fill 3 and 4. I am wondering why fleet is not the same? Last light side and now this dark side my guild has been unable to fill 5 platoons due to sith fighter and Lando’s Falcon. This is frustrating since we are a 150gp guild and we are being punished for not buying two ships that are not farmable.

There is no official stance on how many platoons can or cannot be filled by non marquee toons. Any ability to fill 3 and 4 platoons is pure luck, and due to the fact that not as many DS toons have been released.

Ever since they made the changes to put marquee toons in platoons. You should just not expect them to be filled and be happy when they are. It is the way it is, you are not being punished, this is an advantage that they pay for and has been since the system was changed a while ago.
  • mgoblueballs
    49 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    What Rucous was saying was that before we were able to fill platoons #3 and #4, not that we could always fill a total of 4 platoons. This TB we were only able to fill a total of 1 platoon and thus received no bonus abilities. It's not fair that we keep having to take a step backwards whenever a marquee toon is released, especially at the rate that CG is releasing them. F2P players definitely should not expect to be able to fill all platoons, but there should be a reasonable chance to fill two in each phase.
  • Kyno wrote: »

There is no official stance on how many platoons can or cannot be filled by non marquee toons. Any ability to fill 3 and 4 platoons is pure luck, and due to the fact that not as many DS toons have been released.

Ever since they made the changes to put marquee toons in platoons. You should just not expect them to be filled and be happy when they are. It is the way it is, you are not being punished, this is an advantage that they pay for and has been since the system was changed a while ago.

please reread my post the platoons for characters you can always fill platoons 3 and 4. They do not put new marquee characters in the third and fourth platoons! EVER! This gives guilds who are F2P a chance at getting a bonus. My post is about fleet platoons they should do the same as the do for character platoons. And I recall a long time ago they did take a stance on that. Because if they didn’t then many people would not give a rats hind end about doing TB.

You keep typing this, and I’ve even seen you claim your guild once had marquee toons in ground platoons 3&4.

I’ve checked our TB platoon filling posts in discord. In every single TB we’ve ever done, both LS and DS, platoons 3&4 on ground zones have ALWAYS been fillable.

So either we have been “lucky” every single time (as have many other posters on here), or you are misremembering platoon requirements on that occasion.

Funnily enough, until the last TB, ships had always been 1-4 minimum for us, but that of course changed when Lando’s falcon and the Sith fighter came along!
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    In phase 4 everey single ship platoon had either the sith fighter or Lando’s falcon.
    It’s just ridiculous to expect every guild to have several players willing to spend so much on new characters the instant they come out.
    Until Marquee events started happening each TB felt like we’d get closer to filling more platoons.
    Now it’s pot luck if we can ever fill stuff from phase 4 onwards.
  • I'd like to know what percentage of guilds are actually able to fill all ship platoons with those Marquee event ships in.
  • And it continues in phase 5. Marquee ships required in 5 out of 6 platoons. Just make it all 6 already. What's the difference? Guess new recruits will be required to have these 2 ships to join an elite guild.
  • I agree, if we ships are going to be rolled out the fleets need a fix to platoons. There just are not enoug ships for it to not regularly block fleet platoons and let’s be honest Strafing Run makes the combats below much much harder for players with younger rosters.

So please adjust it to match ground platoons where you always get 3 & 4 excluding new characters, or let’s at least make getting a single
    Platoon useful beyond sheer points.

Also it seems like this shouldn’t be a hard fix since it’s already been done before to ground platoons.
  • Alright two days in a row. 5/6 platoons have five sith fighters and five Lando falcons.
  • I don't know what you're all seeing, but in my phase 5, ALL 6 platoon need either Sith Fighter or Lando's Falcon.

We will get 0 ship platoons because we haven't thrown hundreds at CG.

At this point it just feels petty and punitive. I wish CG cared about their reputation or player goodwill, but we know they don't as long as they can rake in the money.
  • All 6 need Sith Fighters or Lando Falcons for us as well so we will complete 0.

In fact there's 1 single squadron needs 3 Lando Falcons...

This is very irritating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

please reread my post the platoons for characters you can always fill platoons 3 and 4. They do not put new marquee characters in the third and fourth platoons! EVER! This gives guilds who are F2P a chance at getting a bonus. My post is about fleet platoons they should do the same as the do for character platoons. And I recall a long time ago they did take a stance on that. Because if they didn’t then many people would not give a rats hind end about doing TB.

There is no official statement that, that is a rule anywhere. Therefore it can happen and some guilds not seeing it doesnt make it a regular thing.

There are less ships, so platoon pulls will have less options and therefore more repeats.
  • i have never seen 5 of 6 platoons in any situation with brand new marquee toons or ships. 4 of 6, yes but they will usually have it set up so that you can fill 2 platoons to get some bonus.

There is no official statement that, that is a rule anywhere. Therefore it can happen and some guilds not seeing it doesnt make it a regular thing.

There are less ships, so platoon pulls will have less options and therefore more repeats.

I’d love to see ONE screenshot of platoon 3 or 4 needing a marquee toon. Bet you can’t find one.
  • Challenge accepted. Here you go, all six require sith fighter.
    ocbgicqjydqr.png
    uey25t2bef5z.png
    ppcqtq6go7ya.png
    n8dsn0ldr39w.png
    6rwia5e9na7s.png
    k1egfeak7cfo.png
  • @BanachSpach

I’m referring to platoons, not squadrons, as is everyone else making the claim.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I’d love to see ONE screenshot of platoon 3 or 4 needing a marquee toon. Bet you can’t find one.

And I will take a single quote from the dev team saying that that is a rule/guideline/ or anything they have promised or are trying to do.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

This is not a matter of 'some guilds not seeing it'. The theory is, that no guild ever saw it — official statement or not.
  • terascque
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018

You should just not expect them to be filled and be happy when they are.

Kyno,

I just have a quick question for you. Are you sure your just a moderator and not a paid spokesperson?

No disrespect intended, but I have never seen you agree with a post like this. When someone complains about something, your response is always its ok, its not broken, its working as intended, its not a problem ,etc.

Now please read my post very carefully. I didn't say you never agree, only that I've never seen it.

So I am just curious, why do you always toe the company line? Is it some requirement to be a moderator?

I mean seriously, I can think of at least a dozen threads like this were you chime in, and haven't taken the side of the TC. What are the odds of that anyways?

It really is ok for you to take our side for once instead of always or almost always spitting out the company line.

And I will take a single quote from the dev team saying that that is a rule/guideline/ or anything they have promised or are trying to do.

The only person I’ve ever seen claiming a marquee toon has appeared in platoons 3 or 4 is you (and I’m sorry, but I am sceptical about the veracity of that).

The devs not explicitly stating that it is designed so that 3 or 4 never contain marquees does not mean that it isn’t, and is absolutely not proof that a marquee toon has ever appeared in platoons 3 or 4.

Anyone who comes on to complain about platoon / squadron filling requirements reports the same thing.

In short, pic or it doesn’t happen.
  • Zeuschild35
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    terascque wrote: »

You should just not expect them to be filled and be happy when they are.

Kyno,

I just have a quick question for you. Are you sure your just a moderator and not a paid spokesperson?

No disrespect intended, but I have never seen you agree with a post like this. When someone complains about something, your response is always its ok, its not broken, its working as intended, its not a problem ,etc.

Now please read my post very carefully. I didn't say you never agree, only that I've never seen it.

So I am just curious, why do you always toe the company line? Is it some requirement to be a moderator?

I mean seriously, I can think of at least a dozen threads like this were you chime in, and haven't taken the side of the TC. What are the odds of that anyways?

It really is ok for you to take our side for once instead of always or almost always spitting out the company line.

My thoughts exactly. Usually I just skip Kyno's comments, no point to read them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Here is an post stating he has 5/6 platoons with marquee toons. As I have been saying, just because you see something one way it does not make it a rule our always happen for everyone.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179250/the-state-of-territory-battles#latest