Why don't unavoidable attacks remove foresight?

ATF whirlwind and Nest kinetite charge don't remove foresight. I only assume it's because they can't be avoided.

What's the logic behind this? A normal hit from most characters will, so why is a hit that can't be avoided penalized by leaving foresight behind?

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Foresight is used up when the character or ship evades. Since they can't evade an unavoidable attack, it's not used up. Only exception would be an unavoidable attack that also clears buffs, like Fett's Execute.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Think of it like a "shield." Something that can't be avoided goes around the shield and hits the person behind it. The shield was not touched, and is still available for future protection.

If something hits the shield (i.e. the foresight), the shield takes the hit, the person behind is fine, but the shield is now damaged irrevocably (and thus is gone). In these cases the foresight is removed because it has done its job.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Think of it like a "shield." Something that can't be avoided goes around the shield and hits the person behind it. The shield was not touched, and is still available for future protection.

If something hits the shield (i.e. the foresight), the shield takes the hit, the person behind is fine, but the shield is now damaged irrevocably (and thus is gone). In these cases the foresight is removed because it has done its job.

Perhaps the best explanation of this I've ever seen. Nice.