Ships 2.0 2 months later

Replies

• just add the b1 and have it as the pilot for the vulture droid, at least then, it'd get the boost from having a crew, and give the b2 the Droid Tri-fighter
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    just add the b1 and have it as the pilot for the vulture droid, at least then, it'd get the boost from having a crew, and give the b2 the Droid Tri-fighter

There was actually some datamined info about pilotless droid starfighter soon after the release of ships. It had a unique that when it got defeated, a new one popped up in reinforcements. It seems it got scrapped...
  • The only difference I see is capital ships 7* events are now much easier. Easy shard shop currency now. In ship arena I'm more or less in the same positions as before. Ships 2.0 turned out to be a bluff.
  • Does anyone remember CG saying wait for the pve table before we pass judgment?

We have gotten 2 new ships and nothing since. They seem to have went all in on people paying for the geos gear and the ship omegas. Really would be nice to get new ships. New capital ships. It's been a long time since this content was refreshed. It would be nice to see if get some attention.

Interesting I have max geos and max geo ships, yet I've not spent one dime on this game. Paying for ship omegas and geos gears. Lol I needed that laugh for today
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Why was it even changed in the first place after being established for 10+ months? I also don't understand why there's all these new reinforcement boosts when I only am able to use half the amount of reinforcements I used before. Yes I know you can use the same amount as before but in 95% of my battles I get 2 out regardless of winning or losing. Now it's all about luck and not strategy. If 5's special gets evaded you lost the battle 1 move into it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    They could release 50 new ships today. And 95 percent of the players would have ONE of them maxxed in 7 months or more. Hard node ship farms are going to be the worst farm ever seen in this game. So yeah I don't really care anymore about new ships until they decide to break the game with power creeps because nothing about Sith fighter or new falcon are worth refreshing even once on a horrible table you get energy for once a day...

At least on cantina you don't have to pay to refresh 5 more attempts so Vet's and stuff are only like a 2 month farm.

Sorry all but if you think a flood of new ships will change anything.....well maybe your right.. 2 years from now when someone has 2 or 3 of the 50 new ships released. Assuming they are added to ships table of course...

It really is depressing knowing there may be new ship content but it's going to be locked behind a 150-350 day farm

EDIT yes some will get placed somewhere else but you know for the future only the good content is going on ship table.
  • Does anyone remember CG saying wait for the pve table before we pass judgment?

We have gotten 2 new ships and nothing since. They seem to have went all in on people paying for the geos gear and the ship omegas. Really would be nice to get new ships. New capital ships. It's been a long time since this content was refreshed. It would be nice to see if get some attention.

Interesting I have max geos and max geo ships, yet I've not spent one dime on this game. Paying for ship omegas and geos gears. Lol I needed that laugh for today

Maxed out huh? I too needed a laugh.

y6k5dpzz2tlb.jpg
  • Hmmm ships.

I'l be honest- I still don't know how I feel. I kinda like them but kinda don't like them. I kinda feel I'm pretty good at it and kinda feel I'm useless at it. Kinda think I've got it down and kinda feel like I don't have a clue...

I'm just not sure.

I don't hate them...but I don't love them.

I'm not sure the recent rework added much in hindsight.

But they're not awful.

I just don't know.
  • Ships is the worst part of this game! So much potential but nothing done!

You say that couse you suck in this part of game?
    Now for win with anyone I need just 4 ships, nothing more, and it's not genosians
  • I love ripping apart the endless tie advanced Biggs tie fighter trio with Geonosians.I happy.
  • Tdl
    6 posts Member
    My buddy just started ships and is already dealing with not being able to complete daily quests. He is dealing with the same ship quests as experienced ship builders. How is he expected to progress with these ships if he can’t even win one battle with his fleet. He has tried everything to improve his ships and is getting stepped on by even low level PvE battles. He has stated that it has been made too difficult for new players to progress in this area. I don’t think that you should receive the same ship quests at level 60 as level 85. But maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know what to tell him, but this has become a definite deal breaker for him. I agree. Is there any way to rectify this issue?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Something to consider. They are not going to spend time on aspect of the game that few people enjoy. They rarely created new ships before 2.0 because they knew new ships wouldn't make them money. They put out 2.0 in an attempt to Garner new excitement for ships, putting in a lot of time an energy to do so... And people still don't enjoy ships. Don't expect alot of new ship content when most people have done nothing but egg on the game mode since it's inception.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Tdl wrote: »
    I don’t know what to tell him, but this has become a definite deal breaker for him. I agree. Is there any way to rectify this issue?

Tell him to get on this forum! I guarantee that there are wise and kind people willing to give him practical advice that will work.

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    I hated ships 2.0 until I invested in the Geos and Tarkin capital ship. Now all battles last 35 seconds at most.

I still don't love ships 2.0 but at least I found a team that removes RNG by being ridiculously overpowered.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Only issue is TB final stage with 2.0. Fully maxxxed fleets and reinforcements, one bad series of RNG and your guild out 650k points.. i mean its supposed to be hard... i wish they would bring back stages so weaker players can get even 100k or something like in the regular battles
  • Strubz wrote: »
    I hated ships 2.0 until I invested in the Geos and Tarkin capital ship. Now all battles last 35 seconds at most.

I still don't love ships 2.0 but at least I found a team that removes RNG by being ridiculously overpowered.

Which is it? I have already the same fleet and now am searching a not RNG dependent counter. I just have Thrawn with Silencer in mind...
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Only issue is TB final stage with 2.0. Fully maxxxed fleets and reinforcements, one bad series of RNG and your guild out 650k points.. i mean its supposed to be hard... i wish they would bring back stages so weaker players can get even 100k or something like in the regular battles

Agreed, but on all TB stages. Our guild ranges from 400K to 2.4M in GP, and I'd really like those on the low end to be able to get a few points for ship battles.
  • Xhedao wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »

Which is it? I have already the same fleet and now am searching a not RNG dependent counter. I just have Thrawn with Silencer in mind...

Just use the three Geo ships with Tarkin maxed leader ability and for reinforcement I either call in max reinforcement Vader or Poe. I've never made it further than calling in one of those ships. Geo spy special one shots Biggs by calling soldier and sun fac to assist and then you just cleanup whoever is left by calling in Vader or Poe.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    Xhedao wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »

Just use the three Geo ships with Tarkin maxed leader ability and for reinforcement I either call in max reinforcement Vader or Poe. I've never made it further than calling in one of those ships. Geo spy special one shots Biggs by calling soldier and sun fac to assist and then you just cleanup whoever is left by calling in Vader or Poe.

Ah, sry, then I misunderstand your post. I thought you have a counter for the Executrix + bugs fleet ^^
    But you are right, this lineup just calls the second reinforcement and then the battle is finished. It makes my payout really easy everyday :)
  • cw8 wrote: »
    Ships 2.0 is so much more RNG than ships 1.0. I can lose 5 matches to a same person I normally beat but completely steamroll him on the 3rd round on the 6th match thanks to RNG.

once you have more materials to build more ships it's actually easier to matchup than ships 1.0, my win rate is higher in 2.0 than 1.0 cause 1.0 was all mirror match and TL procs for biggs or not. Many more fleet formations are viable, many many more combos than before, but you need the omegas and reinfs to pull it off. Every cap ship (idk about Mace tbh) is viable to win on offense. Rebel ships are great. Geos are great. Empire is great. The FO ships are quite good.
  • RedTwo wrote: »
    Only thing different is the most common starting ships, but first turn rng can still guarantee a loss.

what team are you using and what are you facing that is causing this first turn rng? There's a solution to each squad out there that is RNG / first turn independent.
  • Tanuki wrote: »
    Why was it even changed in the first place after being established for 10+ months? I also don't understand why there's all these new reinforcement boosts when I only am able to use half the amount of reinforcements I used before. Yes I know you can use the same amount as before but in 95% of my battles I get 2 out regardless of winning or losing. Now it's all about luck and not strategy. If 5's special gets evaded you lost the battle 1 move into it.

Ifyou're banking on 5s special to proc than you are utilizing an inferior strategy, probably by necessity so not judging, but I'd recommend finding some players that are knowledgable in ships and have experience with different builds. It also helps, if people want guidance, to be more specific in what they are using and what they are facing cause it truly is false that ships is all RNG, etc. Even if you can't build the stuff now cuase ships materials are rare, it's somethign to work toward
  • Hmmm ships.

I'l be honest- I still don't know how I feel. I kinda like them but kinda don't like them. I kinda feel I'm pretty good at it and kinda feel I'm useless at it. Kinda think I've got it down and kinda feel like I don't have a clue...

I'm just not sure.

But they're not awful.

I just don't know.

I didn't like ships before, but I think ships are now >>>> fun than characters by far cause of the amount of new combos available to create. Experimenting a lot with starters and reinfs was a great process. Ships that were once locks to be starters...now I have most of those coming off the bench as reinfs (Vader / Biggs / Bistan, etc.). You can run a speed team, you have very great reinfs in Cassian / Plo / Gauntlet Starfighter...we can do so much more with skills in ships 2.0 with the reinfs. If you like building and gameplay tinkering it's vastly superior to 1.0 where, literally, 90%+ of the player base started the same 5 ships and had the same first reinf.
  • If you like building and gameplay tinkering it's vastly superior to 1.0 where, literally, 90%+ of the player base started the same 5 ships and had the same first reinf.

I think that explains why so many people hate it. 1.0 had a very simple, very clear cut meta that meant you won almost every time provided you didn’t completely bottle out with the rng. If you strayed away from that meta with even one ship you would lose, almost guaranteed. It was a solved game, like connect 4.

Now there’s variation and incentive to experiment. You “have” to gear up “useless” characters. 2.0 rewards thinking and diversifying your roster, and the folks complaining don’t like that.

Meanwhile the folks who did it in the past are having a field day and the folks who adapted to 2.0 are doing quite well.

Bottom line is that 2.0 is here to stay and no amount of tantrums will change it. I didn’t like it on day one because my old fleet was instantly obsolete (I used Endurance, lol) but I adapted and worked on my ships and brought my Geonosians up from 7* g4 to g12 and now most days I finish in the top 10.

Mondays are lower ranks, but I’m at bar trivia during payout and this place has te worst reception imaginable and what godforsaken bar in San Jose doesn’t have wifi? What’s the point of opening a bar in the Silicon Valley if you’re in a reception deadzone and don’t offer wifi? Blegh... Sorry. I get emotional.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    If you like building and gameplay tinkering it's vastly superior to 1.0 where, literally, 90%+ of the player base started the same 5 ships and had the same first reinf.

I think that explains why so many people hate it. 1.0 had a very simple, very clear cut meta that meant you won almost every time provided you didn’t completely bottle out with the rng. If you strayed away from that meta with even one ship you would lose, almost guaranteed. It was a solved game, like connect 4.

Now there’s variation and incentive to experiment. You “have” to gear up “useless” characters. 2.0 rewards thinking and diversifying your roster, and the folks complaining don’t like that.

Meanwhile the folks who did it in the past are having a field day and the folks who adapted to 2.0 are doing quite well.

Bottom line is that 2.0 is here to stay and no amount of tantrums will change it. I didn’t like it on day one because my old fleet was instantly obsolete (I used Endurance, lol) but I adapted and worked on my ships and brought my Geonosians up from 7* g4 to g12 and now most days I finish in the top 10.

Mondays are lower ranks, but I’m at bar trivia during payout and this place has te worst reception imaginable and what godforsaken bar in San Jose doesn’t have wifi? What’s the point of opening a bar in the Silicon Valley if you’re in a reception deadzone and don’t offer wifi? Blegh... Sorry. I get emotional.

I have a top 5 rotation and I never miss my spot. Many times I improve where I am supposed to be because people hate to play this junk. They said to give them until they released the PvE to see how great it was. I don't care they changed and you use the word tantrum. Like someone wanting new ship content not reworks is a tantrum. I got bugs they are fun to play but they are useless everywhere else in the game. Poe/Vader/KRU/Biggs/most pilots have viability in other game modes.

Maybe if we are deep in a TW I get down to the dregs and put in the geos useless indeed. Rather have new ships to tinker with, pardon that being my expectation especially since they have achievements in game we cannot conplete because of lack of content.
  • Hmmm ships.

I'm just not sure.

But they're not awful.

I just don't know.

I, too, hail from the Neutral Planet, home of DOOP headquarters.

Tell my wife I said “hello.”
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Bossk just changed.........evvvveerrrryyyyything
  • Rather have new ships to tinker with, pardon that being my expectation especially since they have achievements in game we cannot conplete because of lack of content.

Wanting new ships and new capital ships is totally legitimate. It's not, however, a problem with 2.0.

When we talk about the merits of 2.0 we're talking about reinforcement abilities, rebalanced ships, and three-ship starting lineups. The lack of ship content existed before 2.0, continues to exist, and is definitely something that needs to be addressed. But it's not a problem with 2.0 and shouldn't be conflated as one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • happy_guy193
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Rather have new ships to tinker with, pardon that being my expectation especially since they have achievements in game we cannot conplete because of lack of content.

Wanting new ships and new capital ships is totally legitimate. It's not, however, a problem with 2.0.

When we talk about the merits of 2.0 we're talking about reinforcement abilities, rebalanced ships, and three-ship starting lineups. The lack of ship content existed before 2.0, continues to exist, and is definitely something that needs to be addressed. But it's not a problem with 2.0 and shouldn't be conflated as one.

Read my OP it says NEW CONTENT. Whatever anyone else types the OP says new content. You seem to always want to draw make assumptions about people's motives. My motives were new content and I am happy we got a new ship. Paywalled as it may be.