6/7 minutes arena timer

With the addition of higher gear and specific toons with incredible high protection/health stats I think the regular arena timer should be increased to 6 or 7 minutes. Normally a arena battle takes about 2-3 minutes. But the reason mentioned above and even lagging can change that drastically. We have the timer to prevent abusing so 1 or 2 minutes more wouldn't change this.

Replies

• Those 2 minutes would be a huge change to the whole collusion and payout lockout process. This isn't going to happen.
  • With higher gear you also deal more damage.
    Have you also met our Lord of Hunger, Nihilus?
  • I wouldn't mind more time, or the addition of 8x 16x and 32x animation speed.
  • No thanks. Even longer lockouts will occur with extended timers. I find 5 minutes plenty.
  • I wouldn't mind more time, or the addition of 8x 16x and 32x animation speed.

Not just the gear difference, but also the amount of passive health and protection regeneration (Bastila and Traya leads) can really make matches take awhile. I timed out the other day in a Bastila mirror match. And have timed out numerous times while waiting for Bastila / GK / Hoda to get lucky with the right dodge / crit combination against a lone Nest.

I would think an animation speed increase would be preferable to retain the current arena windows (7:30 minute fights in fleet have already been reduced down to 5:00 despite matches lasting the same or longer), which works just as well. Just give us time to whittle down some of these brick walls that have been constructed.