Defense of Dathomir changes?

Did you guys make some changes to Defense of Dathomir? Because Dooku is basically unbeatable all of the sudden. HIs protection constantly regenerates. The only way to actually damage him is with Talzin's special and that can only be done every three turns.

Replies

• Options
    Same for me
  • Options
    xlcaoswaneu3.png
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I run talzin lead, and every special you use applies another stack of plague on him. It was really easy. I think my team is pretty undergeared too. Even though my Asajj is well-geared (g12) the GP of the whole team is only like 65k. If you're talking about the bonus stage, I just ran resistance (got Talzin to 7* today), and he died easily.
  • Options
    Impossible to kill !?!?! Nihilus can't annihilated him
  • Options
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    I run talzin lead, and every special you use applies another stack of plague on him. It was really easy. I think my team is pretty undergeared too. Even though my Asajj is well-geared (g12) the GP of the whole team is only like 65k. If you're talking about the bonus stage, I just ran resistance (got Talzin to 7* today), and he died easily.

I didn't have problems getting 3* again, but at one point I had 17 stacks of plague and when dooku took a turn his health barely moved lol.
  • Options
    JTRey heals all.
  • Options
    Well, to be fair I can't say one way or the other if he's 'different' because this morning was the first time I did the bonus stage, but JTR Resistance killed him in ~ 5 or 6 moves.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    First time I was able to beat it... I’m not upset.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nope, he takes a bit to ride down, but by no means invincible. His protection gain is pretty small, but yes he will regen. Work him down and then use a multi attack special, there are a few toons that can offer that.
  • Hal_10000
    161 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oh, wait. I just noticed the bonus round is no longer restricted to just Nightsisters. OK, that makes it ... a bit more doable. Although it's bizarre that he can ignore things like Fracture.
  • Options
    There's ways around him but something is definitely wrong. I had him fractured and he was still countering!
  • Options
    Calis wrote: »
    There's ways around him but something is definitely wrong. I had him fractured and he was still countering!

He’s a boss character, so he uses the same conditions as raid bosses
  • Options
    Even my gear 12 Empire team is in a perpetual stalemate. There are too few toons who ignore armor.
  • Options
    if you're using nightsisters, use the event specials to daze him. easy peazy after that
  • Options
    Expose doesn't seem to work on him either. This is maddening. Every time he counters, his protection comes back.
  • Options
    Hallelujah. I went to an old favorite: Phoenix. With their protection/health recovery, they can just go round after round after round. And they finally managed to burn through his protection after about 15 minutes of auto.
  • Options
    Just need to use appropriate tools for the task,
  • Options
    Dooku is tagged as a Raidboss in the Bonus Tier, and has his fully upgraded Leader ability enabled. However it's been this way for some time. I'm not sure why people seem to be noticing this now. Any strategy which works to defeat a fully upgraded Dooku in arena should be valid here except instant-kill and Dots (due to Raidboss tag).
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Dooku is tagged as a Raidboss in the Bonus Tier, and has his fully upgraded Leader ability enabled. However it's been this way for some time. I'm not sure why people seem to be noticing this now. Any strategy which works to defeat a fully upgraded Dooku in arena should be valid here except instant-kill and Dots (due to Raidboss tag).
    He was absolutely harder today than previous events. I don’t know what tweaks you guys made and he was still beatable but he was stronger.
  • Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Did you guys make some changes to Defense of Dathomir? Because Dooku is basically unbeatable all of the sudden. HIs protection constantly regenerates. The only way to actually damage him is with Talzin's special and that can only be done every three turns.

Use the mission special ability to daze him then go to work.
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP, it seems like his protection regeneration is working differently. Has he always continued to gain additional bonus protection, or was it just his normal protection that regenerated before? I think he's supposed to regenerate normal protection, not have unending growth on bonus protection.

I still took him down, but it took a lot longer than last time.
  • Options
    I remember the Bonus Tier being easier some time ago. Even if they tweaked the event it did not stop me. I did the same as the previous people said. I used the event special power. I had 3 g8 nightsisters and two g9 sisters.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    All you have to do is Daze him, and he melts. My girls get him every time.
  • Options
    I had some trouble with it this time even with the daze. Mix in night sister spirit for high damage if your at lower gear levels. Seemed to work.
  • Options
    I use squad: CLS; R2-D2; Han Solo; Chirrut; Baze. All rounds are carried lightly, and specifically at the end,when there is one Dooku, I use the invisibility of R2-D2 on Baze, respectively - Dooku does not counterattack, and does not restore its protection. And the rest of the squad are trying to remove the purple shield. After she was taken off, there's no problem killing Dooku at all.
  • Options
    Even a good imperial team with Darth Vader (z) leader will do the trick, his stacking dots will make up for a devastating 3rd ability shot.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »

Thank you!! Thought I was going crazy. Anyway, use jtr she still works.