New Mace Windu VOTE

Prev134
Megadeth3700
1017 posts Member
edited March 2016
Hello Everyone,

For some reason my previous Mace Windu Poll seems to have vanished, so here it is again. There has been a LOT of great Mace Windu post regarding his current state. I figured we could pool our thoughts into some numbers and see the outcome of a Mace Windu Poll

Currently I think he still needs some change, here's what I think could be done to the current Mace Windu kit to make him viable with the current meta.

1. Increase potency to at least 100%. Right now his Smite rarely breaks a taunt. Also when his Expose finally does work it gets resisted more often than not.

2. Increase speed to at around Eeth Koth's speed. Right now Mace Windu's kit is a single target DPS with no synergy so he should have more speed to reflect that role.

3. Increase in damage by at least 20%. This is needed to match his description of "Aggressive Jedi tank with devastating damage if left unchecked". Although I do agree that his current damage output is average, average is NOT "Devastating"

4. Make Shatterpoint either 100% on one person. Or leave the % as is and change it to an AOE.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.

Look forward to seeing this Poll's number!

Thanks!
☮ Consular ☮

New Mace Windu VOTE 237 votes

Mace Windu still needs a final tweak
56%
dauz6063FakeRobbodarksideRavageStav_KoobuArillianDaris_FulkGarthHelmetThrakenCronozNLDanixshampooTakDashboardSekuSixplicitAggropoxMasterOneHitZeeb05Moscba 133 votes
Mace Windu needs a complete overhaul
37%
StarcronJaegerfive2zeroBrobiWanKenobiMofojokers1992gmyagamiLeostradaBaldoArtasWJ28StuwartObi1_master1BnBTobacconistZoh31LlyodGWallaceGeofRivSForsakenTheEwokKingbobbadettprimeAnthony10 88 votes
Mace Windu is fine as is
6%
XyoKAULISmithieJeighKaeNeitherInternetSwaglunarwolfNightBaristaAshlanaeBooWesleyForceZingthing_7BradGoodyearFlowDS_Vent_Designerlacaspharaohs_lair 16 votes
Post edited by Megadeth3700 on

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I and many others have had similar suggestions, I will put them here again.
    1. Make Shatterpoint and Smite AOE with the same damage/percentages etc. -OR-
    2. Give more of a bonus to his basic if he is above 50% health, like 100% or 150%.

Keep his speed, health, tenacity/potency where it is

Both of those suggestions would make me want to pay attention to Mace when he is my enemy, and wouldn't require much work to implement. (especially the second suggestion)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I and many others have had similar suggestions, I will put them here again.
    1. Make Shatterpoint and Smite AOE with the same damage/percentages etc. -OR-
    2. Give more of a bonus to his basic if he is above 50% health, like 100% or 150%.

Keep his speed, health, tenacity/potency where it is

Both of those suggestions would make me want to pay attention to Mace when he is my enemy, and wouldn't require much work to implement. (especially the second suggestion)

I'm really liking these suggestions. Wouldn't change too much but make him more viable
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Odd that it got deleted. There was some great advice in there. I voted complete overhaul but I agree totally with @RAYRAY's solutions. I think changing both of his skills to AoE might be considered more than a "tweak".

Anyway, I guess the point is, his skills need to be significantly more effective. Right now I'm happy when I see my arena/GW opponent has Mace. Something just isn't right about that.
  • Lightwalker
    256 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If he attacks the player that has been exposed then he does a lot of damage when he is getting towards max everything - 7* gear 8 all skills at 6 atm.
    I think he just needs a tweak so he applies expose to the whole team.
    Also Add the ability he has in the gear events where if he lands a killing blow he gets 100% turn meter.

Those changes would make him dangerous
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed about his basic damage. It is in a good spot when he is above 50%. Only if shatter point had better mechanics. But, smite may be a priority to fix because there is little reason to use it over the basic. At the very very least, they need to increase the damage on smite to as high as 200% of what it is now if mace is above 50% health. Make Mace the tank with amazing damage so he can be a threat, that would be a new take on the tank role for this game.
  • Options
    Agreed about his basic damage. It is in a good spot when he is above 50%. Only if shatter point had better mechanics. But, smite may be a priority to fix because there is little reason to use it over the basic. At the very very least, they need to increase the damage on smite to as high as 200% of what it is now if mace is above 50% health. Make Mace the tank with amazing damage so he can be a threat, that would be a new take on the tank role for this game.

I'm really liking this suggestion!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options

Agreed! I bet we're coming up on our next update soon. I'm getting excited to see if they implement some of the suggestions for Mace here... hopes are high! Probably too high lol, if he is left untouched I'll be so sad.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Terrai wrote: »

Agreed! I bet we're coming up on our next update soon. I'm getting excited to see if they implement some of the suggestions for Mace here... hopes are high! Probably too high lol, if he is left untouched I'll be so sad.

Me too. The devs should throw the player base a bone here and buff mace once and for all. He is the character that receives the most requests for buffs. We want a strong mace! There are many suggestions that are really great from making smite and shatterpoint AOE to increasing damage potential of Smite, to increasing the chance to expose, etc. All are good suggestions that make him a threat and usable without making him OP.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options

Me too. The devs should throw the player base a bone here and buff mace once and for all. He is the character that receives the most requests for buffs. We want a strong mace! There are many suggestions that are really great from making smite and shatterpoint AOE to increasing damage potential of Smite, to increasing the chance to expose, etc. All are good suggestions that make him a threat and usable without making him OP.

Yes. I think this next update will say a lot about the direction of the game, and specifically whether they are in touch with the players. There's a lot of good feedback here and I hope they make some common sense decisions with Mace, Galactic War, etc.
  • Options

Yes. I think this next update will say a lot about the direction of the game, and specifically whether they are in touch with the players. There's a lot of good feedback here and I hope they make some common sense decisions with Mace, Galactic War, etc.

Thankfully they made changes to him in the last big update. Now fingers crossed on having him finished off!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options

Thankfully they made changes to him in the last big update. Now fingers crossed on having him finished off!

Yeah it was good to see they made an effort. I'm guessing we'll find out in the next few days if they will try again. I sure hope so!
  • Options

I hope Mace to be who he should be :)
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Everything you listed in the thread was a perfect 10/10.

Master Windu need some love.

I especially agreed with the part about his description. "Devastating damage". Hah - yeah, right. And you can forget about that "tank" part as well. No defense up mechanics, no debuffs outside his useless expose, and a poor health pool. Doesn't scream "tank" OR "devastating damage" to me.
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »

I especially agreed with the part about his description. "Devastating damage". Hah - yeah, right. And you can forget about that "tank" part as well. No defense up mechanics, no debuffs outside his useless expose, and a poor health pool. Doesn't scream "tank" OR "devastating damage" to me.

Phasma's health is more better than Mace,so i just confuse why EA make Mace ''tank'' but not being a true ''tank'',LOL
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options

Yep. I think the skills have potential, but they are all so underpowered. If they left damage unchanged and made all of his skills AoE I'm still not sure he would become meta! That just shows how underpowered Mace truly is.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yep. I think the skills have potential, but they are all so underpowered. If they left damage unchanged and made all of his skills AoE I'm still not sure he would become meta! That just shows how underpowered Mace truly is.

Definitely! There would need to be a damage increase regardless in order to made him "devastating" even if they make his skills AOE
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

Thanks, it's nice to see the feedback!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Here's another idea. What if they changed Shatterpoint to a X% chance to Expose target (passive) when he attacks (basic or smite). This allows concentration of squad firepower but is less powerful than an AoE. Do you think that would make a big enough difference?

I was thinking maybe a 70% chance. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    Here's another idea. What if they changed Shatterpoint to a X% chance to Expose target (passive) when he attacks (basic or smite). This allows concentration of squad firepower but is less powerful than an AoE. Do you think that would make a big enough difference?

I don't think that would be enough. Either was I'm not too happy that we didn't see him touched at all in the new update
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options

I don't think that would be enough. Either was I'm not too happy that we didn't see him touched at all in the new update

Yeah, odd that no heroes were buffed/nerfed (only Ahsoka's rework). I guess they are waiting to see how level 80 arena looks. Shoot me now. Puts a buff that much further away and creates a bigger gap between whales and the rest.

• Options

Yeah, odd that no heroes were buffed/nerfed (only Ahsoka's rework). I guess they are waiting to see how level 80 arena looks. Shoot me now. Puts a buff that much further away and creates a bigger gap between whales and the rest.

Sigh, this is most unfortunate. I guess he'll just continue on collected dust then. With any luck they will have a big update in March that includes him.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    It was said he warrants attacks and has no need of a taunt, but that's simply not true. He would if he did more damage than other toons. And not to mention, does the AI think he warrants more attention without taunt, not really? He has no DMG mitigation, not great health, dosnt even warrant as much attention as someone like a Poggle who is support, and he has no taunt, no he is not a Tank.

He needs a big tweek or a overhaul again.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options

I like this idea alot, couple it with a speed buff to atleast 115, and a few k more HP, and mace could be a very viable hero.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »

I like this idea alot, couple it with a speed buff to atleast 115, and a few k more HP, and mace could be a very viable hero.

Thanks! Just trying to think of ideas, because something needs to change.
    It was said he warrants attacks and has no need of a taunt, but that's simply not true. He would if he did more damage than other toons. And not to mention, does the AI think he warrants more attention without taunt, not really? He has no DMG mitigation, not great health, dosnt even warrant as much attention as someone like a Poggle who is support, and he has no taunt, no he is not a Tank.

He needs a big tweek or a overhaul again.

Well said. I always leave Mace for last because he's about as dangerous as Jabba's court jester. He's currently not useful as a tank, support, or attacker.

• Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think Mace's biggest problems are his shatterpoint/potency and damage. Damage is self explanatory, he needs more plain and simple. The expose gets resisted a vast majority of the time, even on low level enemies. Some proposed changes:

1) Make it single target irresistible and when applied, an attack cannot be evaded or resisted.

or

2) Apply as an AOE that lasts until his next turn (chance to expose and potency would have to be adjusted so it wouldn't be too overpowered).
  • Options
    Mace does good damage for a Jedi, especially when he hits shatterpoint with his Smite, but I'd also like to see either shatterpoint an AOE or the AI prefer to strike exposed enemies over non-exposed enemies, so I know he's using this ability when other's are attacking me in arena.

He's one of the strongest jedi in canon, so his character should reflect that. If not the shatterpoint tweak, then definitely a damage boost.
  • Options
    how about an ability which gives him like a 40% chance to counter attack when another member of his team is attacked (plus he would hit for the same damage the opposition player hit for)....would force people to focus him then
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options
    how about an ability which gives him like a 40% chance to counter attack when another member of his team is attacked (plus he would hit for the same damage the opposition player hit for)....would force people to focus him then

I think this is my favorite idea yet. Would fit the "devastating damage" description and I might actually attack Mace instead of leaving him for last. I like the creativity!
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13815/mace-windu#latest

Plenty of great ideas were already posted for mace including the counter chance. Pick any of them and just do something to help the guy out. Hate the halfa$$ adjustment they made on him from totally worthless to almost useful.
  • Terrai
    117 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13815/mace-windu#latest

Plenty of great ideas were already posted for mace including the counter chance. Pick any of them and just do something to help the guy out. Hate the halfa$$ adjustment they made on him from totally worthless to almost useful.

Agreed, any of these ideas would be better than what we have now. Just having him as a rational choice in any lineup would make me happy.