Raids or Arena? Zeta Help

Hello ladies & gentlemen,

I have just made my forum account so pleased to meet you all.

As stated in the title, I need a little help. I returned to this game two months ago after a long hiatus away and need help with what to zeta. I’m torn between zeta-ing for use in arena against zeta-ing a toon that would help me in heroic raids.

I’m from an old shard (Dec 2015) so everyone’s got Traya Leads (some even 7*) and I’m pretty far behind so it’s putting me off focusing on arena. I can make the top 500 comfortably and seeing as it’s an old shard it’s not so active, so is there a point in focusing on that area?

I was going to zeta DN’s unique to help in arena but I’m wondering if there’s just no point when I can zeta something that will help my performances in raids which in turn will increase my rewards. Should I save my zeta for when I unlock Thrawn or CLS? Should I use it on R2 number crunch? I don’t know. I need your help!

https://swgoh.gg/u/biglib/collection/

Thank you for reading!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Welcome.

As a returning player to catch up takes focus and planning. Being that far behind in arena, means you will be better served by focusing on raids. This will allow you to build up and help diversify your roster.

Your goal after that should be to and focus on versatile arena toons to see if you can catch the next meta/anti meta and focus on arena then.

Trying to catch the current meta will not work out well.

I would also try to save that first zeta (or maybe your next one) and act like it doesnt exist until you get to a point where you have a clear picture on your own plans.

Getting the legendary and heroic toons doesnt always require a zeta but it can make it easier, so if you have one around it may help push you last the tipping point when they roll around.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I would also try to save that first zeta (or maybe your next one) and act like it doesnt exist until you get to a point where you have a clear picture on your own plans.

I mean, I’ve already zeta’d EP lead and Vader Lead, the former to help my arena, latter for raids. Wondering if there are other leads I should zeta to help with raids...? You really think I should just save zetas?

I should have Thrawn covered by the time he next comes around and definitely have CLS/R2 covered too.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I've been in the same returning player boat (although my shard isn't quite as old as yours, but it does have it's Traya's) and just yesterday broke into the top 100 and I'm peeking at the top 50. In my case, catching up is possible.

My response is your question is basically listen to Kyno. Especially for your current team, EP's lead is the only important zeta. His unique can help if you find him squishy and DN's disrupts JTR teams, but neither are too important

Putting a zeta toward your raid team(s) will have a better impact in the long run, but by my guess you should be in a guild that has Haat on farm, so you might look into placing higher there or a Hpit solo sqaud to get better rewards.
  • Right that settles it then, thanks for the input fellas, greatly appreciated. I’ll just save my zetas for the time being until they’re really needed. Thank you for responding! Cheers!