Bastila working as intended?

13Next

Replies

• Ikky2win wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Let’s try and avoid the personal attacks and maybe shift back to what caused this. Mostly it’s the 150% Tenacity up on the zeta. I’m a bit surprised they added that given the fact that one of the complaints about sith raid is that so many teams are neutered because of the high tenacity of the raid bosses. Debuffs rarely stick making a lot of teams/strategies not viable. There are of course other characters in the game that give tenacity up but the biggest difference is that on other characters it has to be cast, giving you the opportunity to deal with the character before it casts it. It also wears off after a specific number of turns, whereas with Bastila lead it doesn’t wear off until you do enough damage to each character to remove their 200% bonus protection.

I’m not necessarily saying it should be nerfed, but I am hoping CG doesn’t do something like this for any new characters in the future OR they limit it to only effecting a single character rather than a whole team if they do put something similar on a new character in the future.

So what’s the issue? Your ep lead is t working well? Lol

I don’t use ep. I’m also a little tired of people thinking this has something to do with my performance in arena. It doesn’t. I dropped to 7th Between my payout yesterday and my payout today, and I’m first today. I only have to use 2 battles today. Hope that clarifies that it has nothing to do with my ability to get first or dropping too far.

Then you are complaining for the sake of it, got it.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    It’s easy to beat... with many teams

Strong vs some yet weak vs others...

It’s fine :)

• Turvantus wrote: »
    So just how many times then are you going to say the exact same thing in response to every response in this post, ever? We clearly get what you want to say, because you’re being a parrot about it.

You’ve said whatever it is that you wanted say, and unfortunately we just so happen to not fully sympathize with you.

You’re a whale in a sea of dolphins and guppies that takes first no matter what people throw at you and somehow still find a reason to complain about your so-called entitled exclusivity to the top ranks and what you feel is a proper invested squad for a payout of that caliber. I’m happy all your money has a sense of accomplishment for you, but it doesn’t make it a golden standard for success.

There's so much transference in this thread it's unreal.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • @Ikky2win Keep up the good fight here. Your point was eloquently made and highly accurate, in my opinion. As others pointed out, the same thing happened with Nightsisters. Power creep from the new toons obviated the need for gear and mods for them to be competitive. (Although I disagree with paper zombie, which I think is cheese when used in conjunction with Acolyte in arena, but that's just me).

Bastila was clearly introduced to counter the scourge of zEP and bring some balance back to arena (ironically, I think a little more is needed to handle the coming plague of Traya). I agree it's not exactly fair that a single zeta should result in a player who's been unprepared for the past 8 months suddenly being competitive in arena, but unfortunately it's part of the game. The only way to really counter that would be to make some of the leadership abilities gated by gear level, but the player base would likely erupt, and it's probably a bad idea as it makes the game inaccessible to lower tier players.

I would imagine that team falls pretty hard UNLESS your shard is dominated by zEP, which will have a hard time with it.
  • Are u guys cryers? Just hope on the forums and cry before u try,a different strategy? .. I climbed from 150 to near top 50 with Bastila yes.. But that lasted about a week. And omg people figured out how to kill Yoda and beat me. Now I'm sitting at,around 120-150 again when I wake up.. they just simply had to change strategy. Atleast I can,still climb my way back up on offense. And yes I'm under geared compares to their g12.. But have pondered going back to my zalp squad!
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Jesus. I've said it before on these forums, and I'm sure I'll have to say it again. This is a strategy game. There's more to it than a big bank account and a visa card. If I run G12 jawas you can walk over it with G9 resistance. If you think that paper zombie is a good strategy, why isn't this? One could say that they don't need more gear because of the protection up, just like paper zombie doesn't need gear because she revives. It's possible to succeed in this game without pouring big money into it and not having full G12 squads. If you have no problem beating it, why complain? He's having a good time, it's a game, who gives a hoot?

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Also we’re not talking about slightly undergeared characters. We’re talking about multiple g9 and 10 characters on a team.

Nonsense. Take a peak at the picture you posted. There is one gear ten. The rest are 11. not "multiple gear 9 and 10 characters" If you want people to be nice in responses, don't flat out lie.

• Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Also we’re not talking about slightly undergeared characters. We’re talking about multiple g9 and 10 characters on a team.

So it is on principle then? No-one complained when my 5* g10 shore helped break the wiggs meta, or when my 6* g10 death broke the cls meta, or when my 6* g10 mother melted jtr.

I get it must be annoying but so is any meta if you're not using it. This just has an extra bit of spice because you think only a set of 7* g12 toons should be at the top of the rankings.
    What is the point of arena if you can do just fine with g9 characters?

They should be able to beat the old meta, but the new meta teams should have to be at least halfway decently geared and modded. Certainly not multiple g9s.

There are no gear nines on his team! No one takes a liar seriously!

• BubbaFett wrote: »
    We get it guys. We understand the fact that you are just now able to break the top 100 now using her and that's why you defend this nonsense so much. I don't care how you look at it, it isn't right, period. Top arena teams should be well geared and modded with multiple zetas. This depends on age of shard, but the concept still stands. This doesn't have anything to do with whales at all but so many of you miss the point. Half effort does not deserve full credit.

Speaking as someone that runs FO in arena, I don't think you guys get it.....

This game is about more than a year and star race...... It requires several things, gear, stars and mods are three..... It also requires strategy, synergy and knowledge.... This is what makes it fun....

My FO is all 12 gear, triple zeta with very good to excellent mods, and I struggle with g10 and g11 nightmare teams with less Zetas...... Are you trying to say that my FO squad should simply just beat everything with lesser stars and gear?..... Not much point in the game if that was the case.....

@BubbaFett You're precisely right everyone listen to this man.
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    A guy with traya on farm came to the forums to complain about bastilla teams? hahahaha, i've seen it all now

• There's so much transference in this thread it's unreal.

Maybe from others. I personally have no problems with people spending money on what they enjoy. I do however have a problem with a false sense of entitlement that typically follows. Money has always given an edge, yes; but should it be to the point of absolute success? Never.

I also don’t care for people who dramatize situations out of proportion simply because they feel their complaint will hold more weight if they do.

Bastila herself may not require stars, however like any other toon at top level still requires the rest to a degree; depending on the shard of course, to perform well. Additionally that player clearly hasn’t been sitting on his hands. He’s put in a respectable amount of work to jump the gun on the next meta slightly quicker than others. Success is perishable, and the top aren’t entirely exempt.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Random9 wrote: »

Nonsense. Take a peak at the picture you posted. There is one gear ten. The rest are 11. not "multiple gear 9 and 10 characters" If you want people to be nice in responses, don't flat out lie.

It's a general point ikky is making. I'm in the same shard as him.

This guy is rank 42 at the moment but he climbs to top 10 for his payout

ba3fwzctsnww.jpg

A gear 8, 2 9s a 10 and a 11.

This guy is rank 24 at the moment. not sure if he won't join the shard chat or hasnt been invited. I dont keep track of invites outside my payout but we are fairly sure he is est which is when he climbs to top 10. One G8, two g10s and a g11.
    sm142cleuchc.jpg

Thees a few others in our shard too with similar gear that climb top 10 but are currently outside the top 50.

rc0aa4uljbfh.jpg
    Here's another a 9, 10 two 11s and a 12. Climbs to top 20 for his payout.
    Turvantus wrote: »
    Bastila herself may not require stars, however like any other toon at top level still requires the rest to a degree; depending on the shard of course, to perform well. Additionally that player clearly hasn’t been sitting on his hands. He’s put in a respectable amount of work to jump the gun on the next meta slightly quicker than others. Success is perishable, and the top aren’t entirely exempt.

That's a fair argument if they had put work in. Personally i dont feel multiple g9-10 which quiet a few of these teams have is work but thats my opinion. Anyway my fairly maxed nightmare with good mods still usually holds reasonably well most of the time and I have a 100% record on offense against bastilla teams (even the good ones). I can hold off til treya. I would appreciate if the jedi team was more reliant on having good gear than it is at the moment. That's my opinion though.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    We just got our first Traya with another half dozen or so expected this week.
    Traya is not going to hit our shard in bulk for many MONTHS.

Makes sense...
  • AresNO wrote: »
    We just got our first Traya with another half dozen or so expected this week.
    Traya is not going to hit our shard in bulk for many MONTHS.

Makes sense...

Lmao can we just let this thread die already.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Rapidly approaching Godwin's law threshold and needs to be closed.
  • Not only the new low geared bastillas teams lacks gear and zetas. Their mods is terrible. Mods doesnt matter for em. For us who farmed mods for months thats sucks horse b ll becouse why should players try be good in all aspects of game and improve toons when all is needed to put in 1 3* free toon and get to top. Most of the new bastilla teams in top 50 have terrible roosters and lacks gear zetas mods on all. Still they can compete better then smart focused planning players who realy put alot of energy into this game.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    jursllla wrote: »
    Not only the new low geared bastillas teams lacks gear and zetas. Their mods is terrible. Mods doesnt matter for em. For us who farmed mods for months thats sucks horse b ll becouse why should players try be good in all aspects of game and improve toons when all is needed to put in 1 3* free toon and get to top. Most of the new bastilla teams in top 50 have terrible roosters and lacks gear zetas mods on all. Still they can compete better then smart focused planning players who realy put alot of energy into this game.

This comment summaries everything that's wrong with this thread. The assumption made is that those using bastila are lazy, don't plan and mostly have terrible rosters. And now mods. That's a new one though. I use bastila. Along with a g12 gk, g12 zzthrawn & g12 zwampa. Can add 100 speed to my gmy. Gp 2.6m. ships rank of 3 as of now. Completely f2p. My point is I've planned and think, while there's plenty better than me, you couldn't reasonably throw any of the common allegations at me. i use bastila just because it's a change from my rex team.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Not only the new low geared bastillas teams lacks gear and zetas. Their mods is terrible. Mods doesnt matter for em. For us who farmed mods for months thats sucks horse b ll becouse why should players try be good in all aspects of game and improve toons when all is needed to put in 1 3* free toon and get to top. Most of the new bastilla teams in top 50 have terrible roosters and lacks gear zetas mods on all. Still they can compete better then smart focused planning players who realy put alot of energy into this game.

This comment summaries everything that's wrong with this thread. The assumption made is that those using bastila are lazy, don't plan and mostly have terrible rosters. And now mods. That's a new one though. I use bastila. Along with a g12 gk, g12 zzthrawn & g12 zwampa. Can add 100 speed to my gmy. Gp 2.6m. ships rank of 3 as of now. Completely f2p. My point is I've planned and think, while there's plenty better than me, you couldn't reasonably throw any of the common allegations at me. i use bastila just because it's a change from my rex team.

This thread would not apply to you then. Your squad is geared and modded to a point one would expect it to be at the top of arena, unlike the squads in the pictures Naraic posted.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »

This thread would not apply to you then. Your squad is geared and modded to a point one would expect it to be at the top of arena, unlike the squads in the pictures Naraic posted.

But people are posting the exceptions and then in the same thread say they fall down rapidly after payout. These people may be no different than I and simply are using what is currently an effective team. My point wasn't whether a Bastila team is overpowered (and I don't think it is - "weaker" Ns teams were more common after their rework and so I see no difference), but more that if you can beat these teams, which most of those complaining say is a formality for them, then there's no need to moan. The fact they rise so high simply means someone else can't take them though and so it's their fault for not changing up, not a Bastila user's for identifying a weakness.
  • Of course Bastila is WAI. This was the Devs first attempt to make stats other than Speed actually matter, in this case Tenacity.

The OP even gets caught up in this with the sole focus on the Speed of this particular Bastila's mods vs. other mods: " His average speed from mods is in the 70s to 80s. He’s beating teams that are all 7 star, all g12 with g12 and even g12+ pieces, and average speeds in the 100s to 110s, sometimes higher."

Speed, speed, speed...that is what the Devs are doing here, trying to get you to pay attention to ALL the stats. I see no mention of increasing maybe Potency on EP's or Sions to overcome the tenacity and land stuns and Pain on Bastila, etc.....just the same, tired mentality of increasing Speed. And I know that Speed is still the MOST important stat, just not the ONLY stat that matters.
  • Naraic wrote: »

ba3fwzctsnww.jpg

This guy is rank 24 at the moment. not sure if he won't join the shard chat or hasnt been invited. I dont keep track of invites outside my payout but we are fairly sure he is est which is when he climbs to top 10. One G8, two g10s and a g11.
    sm142cleuchc.jpg

Thees a few others in our shard too with similar gear that climb top 10 but are currently outside the top 50.

rc0aa4uljbfh.jpg

That's a fair argument if they had put work in. Personally i dont feel multiple g9-10 which quiet a few of these teams have is work but thats my opinion. Anyway my fairly maxed nightmare with good mods still usually holds reasonably well most of the time and I have a 100% record on offense against bastilla teams (even the good ones). I can hold off til treya. I would appreciate if the jedi team was more reliant on having good gear than it is at the moment. That's my opinion though.

All of your appraisals on gear levels are wrong fyi.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

ba3fwzctsnww.jpg

sm142cleuchc.jpg

rc0aa4uljbfh.jpg

All of your appraisals on gear levels are wrong fyi.....

First one is right tbf.
  • @BubbaFett ??? First one was completely accurate, second one was off by 1 gear level (one 9 was actually a 10). So, 1 out of 10 means "All". Ah, the post-fact world in which we live these days...
  • @BubbaFett ??? First one was completely accurate, second one was off by 1 gear level (one 9 was actually a 10). So, 1 out of 10 means "All". Ah, the post-fact world in which we live these days...

It's my mistake..... I had to blow up pics on my phone to compare... My bad...

In the third he says it's a nine, a ten, two elevens, and a twelve when it's actually two tens, two elevens, one 12
  • I have been reading this and trying to stay out of it because I don't think the responses the OP gets will ever be satisfactory. But, I've read enough that I'm going to give it a shot. So I actually run a Bastila team in arena. My team is well moded and full gear 12 except my hermit yoda because honestly, he is only there to give the other Jedi Master's Training and as long as I have a tank, I don't have to worry about him.

So the complaint issued by the original post is that teams that are not all max rarity, well moded, and high level geared shouldn't be able to beat gear 12 well moded teams. While I can understand the frustration (I had JTR in the arena when the Night sister teams with Mother Talzin came out) I think we are forgetting some main points, that I have noticed others have made.

You seem to be upset that a low rarity, lower geared, and possibly lower moded team is climbing the ranks so easily. However, based off what has happened in the past, I'm not sure why you are surprised and therefore upset by this. When Mother Talzin came out, there were many Night sister teams that climbed up the board that were not as well geared or as high rarity as the teams they were beating. To make matters worse, some teams flat out could not beat them when they are on defense.

The Bastila team can be annoying, yet is pretty easy to beat on defense from what I've seen. So the main issue then would be that a team with a few lower geared toons can beat a gear 12 team. But if you have a team full of G12 support characters going up against a team full of G10 attackers, which one is going to win? Have you been playing in territory wars and never gone up against a team with lower gear levels than the team you attacked with and lost? I have! Take a team of Jedi G12 (not Bastila) against a Phoenix team G10, I bet you the Jedi would lose. The skills and abilities and even the roles of the characters matter.

I'm not saying that you are wrong to be upset. I was upset when my JTR was ousted from the top 100 in arena because of night sisters. Many people said that CLS was overpowered, many people said the same thing about JTR's zeta'd leader ability. Same thing happened with Night sisters, and now Bastila. So do you have the right to be upset? Of course. Should you ask EA if there is something wrong with the performance of Bastila? Sure.

Based off an earlier comment by the moderator, she is working as intended. So now you have four choices. You can find a way to beat them; a new way, not just throw Traya at it. You can join them; gear up your Bastila and do the same thing. You can continue this post and keep making your point over and over again, which based off past evidence with other characters people have said were overpowered won't likely lead anywhere. Or you can quit, which I wouldn't advise.

Honestly, based off the rework of Cad Bane, and Aurra Sing and Embo, I get the feeling that we are just coming into a new meta where the top of the Arena is going to be Bounty Hunters, Treya Teams, Bastila Teams and probably Night Sisters still. Once that happens unless Bastila teams can beat the bounty hunter teams, they wont be in the top 20. The one thing that is constant in anything is change.
  • Remember that I started late November 2017. I’ve only ever seen 1 nightsister squad in arena ever. I wasn’t around for any of the things you mentioned. This is the first time our shard has seen lower geared, lower starred, undermodded characters reaching the top. We went from Phoenix, to zPalp, to jtr and zPalp. That’s pretty much all We’ve seen at the top of our shard, with a rare Rex and fo team for a little bit. It’s rather depressing that this has happened before though.
  • Hello Ikky,

Sorry, I know I started before November, I was pre CLS but not sure beyond that. Everyone was up in arms when CLS came out the first time. That is why people who gear everyone and mod everyone end up doing better in the long run. Sure, people can whale on some team one time, hit it lucky and get to the top of the arena for a while. But once the meta shifts, its anyone's game. People who have more characters higher level are more likely to have the necessary pieces to make the best new team in the next meta. But keep on trying to figure out Bastila, that is the fun of the game to me. One of the reasons I don't like the new sith raid is that to beat it, you just need specific teams and lots of them. With the earlier raids when they first came out it was a puzzle. You had to try different people with different team members and find something new that worked. Yes, eventually 1 person could solo the Pit, but you could also do quite well with 5-6 people who took the time to figure the raid out and or find a loop hole. Now every loop hole people find with the sith raid gets shut.

But that is off topic. Point is, cowboy up, and try different things and find something better or predict the next meta. That is the fun of the game.
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Are u guys cryers? Just hope on the forums and cry before u try,a different strategy? .. I climbed from 150 to near top 50 with Bastila yes.. But that lasted about a week. And omg people figured out how to kill Yoda and beat me. Now I'm sitting at,around 120-150 again when I wake up.. they just simply had to change strategy. Atleast I can,still climb my way back up on offense. And yes I'm under geared compares to their g12.. But have pondered going back to my zalp squad!

Now ive put QGJ in the lineup instead of thrawn. And took rank 72 in arena today.. with no refreshes. Just a matter of adapting, to how my opponents are adapting. Lol
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Remember that I started late November 2017. I’ve only ever seen 1 nightsister squad in arena ever. I wasn’t around for any of the things you mentioned. This is the first time our shard has seen lower geared, lower starred, undermodded characters reaching the top. We went from Phoenix, to zPalp, to jtr and zPalp. That’s pretty much all We’ve seen at the top of our shard, with a rare Rex and fo team for a little bit. It’s rather depressing that this has happened before though.

That’s what I told you like in the 6th post of this thread. People were using multiple Low geared Low star Low mod Night Shitsters to defeat the very difficult to obtain JTR which is even more upsetting. This has happened before and will happen again, that’s how they sell packs...

It does also give players with careful planning the opportunity to hoard resources and go all in with the next meta introduction.