GW - RG/Droid/Geo Death Squad

TommySitt
1690 posts Member
I'm looking for a strong death squad that can stay intact after facing an OP GW team. I'm lvl 70. I've been reading up on RG and have began to buff him, but only only 2* atm. I have lvl 70 mostly geared Poggle, Geo, 88, and 86. I was thinking of adding RG to keep the droids alive long enough to finish the round with only 1-2 casualties at the most. I hate using a cannon fodder squad that loses 4-5 toons, as you may need them again. I also have Poe lvl 70 w/ gear, but only 3* atm.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    That team has low health and no healing. It may survive one round against a tough team but will get demolished on the next.
    Generally speaking in GW you need lots of healing for a team to be reusable. Otherwise you need to carefully allocate cannon fodder to blow specials and maybe take out 1 enemy (preferably the leader) and go back in with a healable squad.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    That team has low health and no healing. It may survive one round against a tough team but will get demolished on the next.
    Generally speaking in GW you need lots of healing for a team to be reusable. Otherwise you need to carefully allocate cannon fodder to blow specials and maybe take out 1 enemy (preferably the leader) and go back in with a healable squad.

Exactly what Qeltar said. GW and Arena are 2 different beasts. I run 0 heal in arena, and 2 heals at least on GW for sustainability.

Your team is a good idea to slug it out and take a round, however if your GW is anything like mine that team dies next round without healer. Sadly you need to use fodder at times to draw out specials. Managing it is a big part.

Poe is really a 1 gw fight wonder, maybe 2 with a heal, though I face teams that even healing him take him out.

I run Barriss
    Lumi
    Sid
    Dooku
    GS
    for some speed, control, HP boost, heal and I still limped through last night. It would have possibly been the first in 60+ not completed had I not sacrificed my Maxed QGJ fight 7 for the speed to heal my main team, after using fodder to draw out some specials. Your idea is great I see what you are thinking, just unfortunately the logic behind it will simply not work.
  • LoTEK
    101 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

What he said. And The other guy.

I use Lumi 7*
    JC 5*
    Sid 7*
    Dook 6*
    Fives 6*

You'll notice most opponent teams in the last 3 to 6 fights will have at least two of Daka, Bariss, Lumi, or JC because most, if not all, players who make it that far or beat GW know they are a necessity.