Combat analysis vs lord of hunger in p1

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the order that combat analysis (zeta) and lord of hunger are applied in P1. I’m considering giving r2 the zeta, but wanted to make sure it actually helps in HSTR since it’s a bit of a two edged sword against nightmare teams in the arena.
So, scenario is a toon has no debuffs and uses their basic (or is called to assist) and both scores a critical hit and fails to resist defense down. Does nihilus apply defense down first, then combat analysis cleanses it, or does combat analysis try to cleanse first and then the debuff is applied? If so, then if that toon already had def down would it cleanse then reapply, preventing protection drain? Lastly, with JTR’s zeta lead, I would assume that if the character had a debuff and then used a special that scored a crit, it would not reduce all the cool downs by 1 since the wording seems to imply it would reduce the cool downs before combat analysis cleansed.

Replies

• Options
    What happens is the exact opposite of what you said in both cases. :smile: ;P

What happens is, say r2 uses basic. Gains defense down, even if it had crit on that turn. Defense down remains for the next turn or until he crits again.

Now, if r2 had defense down already, and it burns with a crit hit, it reduces CD of smokescreen anyway. I know it's not how it sounds, but that's the way it works. ;D

Now, just my two cents for the zeta. It *really* helps in the sith raid. Do it.
    For arena, if you run a cls team, it's a drawback against palp. It's a tough choice then.
    If you run jtr there, it's again helpful! Even against palp! So definitely do it! ;D