Should I Spend Crystals On The Vets?

So I currently have both vets at 4*, I have been preparing for around two months or so for the rest of the characters, including the First Order for BB8. I don't know if I have the time to get them to 7* however since it's about time for Rey's event and BB8 is starting to show up on the ingame upcoming events. I am willing to spend money if it's impossible to farm within the amount of time, but if I do I want to spend the least amount of money possible. I am already doing 3 Cantina refreshes each day since I save my crystals and occasionally buy packs. Other than that though, are there any other tips to minimize the amount of time to get them to max while at the same time being efficient with what I spend? Also are there any packs that come to the store where I can buy a guaranteed amount of shards for a good price?(Not those 5-330 shard scams where they have 5 shards at a 99.9999% drop rate)

Replies

• Options
    Both at 4 star... Gonna need 4 or 5 refreshes a day at least.
  • Options
    There is a 1-time pack you can buy for the veterans and that's it. Then you have to wait for them to drop in the store, farm the cantina node, etc.

Vet Farming panic website here: http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html

Go there and it'll tell you exactly what you need to do before the "next" event happens based on the information you put into the website.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I highly doubt she will accompany BB8 this month, her next appearance won't be for another 1.5-2 months if they continue the same time frames.
  • Options
    Absolutely. Just not for vets, but cantina refresh is the most attractive way to use crystals, I guess.
  • Options
    If you link your swgoh.gg account we could give you some guidance on whether or not a JTR focus is good strategy.

Based off the limited information, I'm inclined to say "no, don't buy crystals to farm the Vets." If you are finishing top 100 in arena and top 50 in ship arena, you're getting 200+ crystals a day (including the crystals you get from your daily activities and login rewards). Refresh cantina energy twice a day. Don't refresh anything else, regardless of the daily guild focus thing.

If you're willing to spend money, buy the 1 time pack for the vets for guaranteed shards. I can't remember the total that comes with the pack. Then, if you still want to spend on crystals, use those for gear for your support characters in a JTR lineup. That way, when you do unlock JTR, you're ready to use her.

Also, if you get flack from the guild for not focusing on the guild daily activity, just remind them how critical JTR is to the sith raid and you're still focused on the guild's success.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    If you're willing to spend money, buy the 1 time pack for the vets for guaranteed shards. I can't remember the total that comes with the pack.

The pack is $30 for 50 shards of each vet.

• Options
    I highly doubt she will accompany BB8 this month, her next appearance won't be for another 1.5-2 months if they continue the same time frames.

I feel this too. It's too soon. Which is good...because I'm not ready.
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    If you're willing to spend money, buy the 1 time pack for the vets for guaranteed shards. I can't remember the total that comes with the pack.

The pack is $30 for 50 shards of each vet.

A lot of money. In my opinion. In this game you either pay, or you wait, choice is yours.

I can see myself not being ready for JTR's next appearance. But I may be ready for the one after that. And will definitely be ready for the one after that.

That's how it works.

I could pay up and be ready for her next appearance. But I don't want to. So I'll wait. Just like I did for R2, BB8, Thrawn and CLS. You get there in the end :smile:

• nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Based on past history and what the devs have said, there's 3 possible timeframes for JTR's return:
    -1 week from Thursday, as in the past CLS has returned 1 week after the R2 event started, so it's a possible pattern for Hero's Journeys. If this is the case, the devs should announce it on Thursday, and you'll probably need to drop $$$$$ to finish up.
    -9/13, 3 months after she last appeared. You'll probably have time to get about 300 shards and finish one Vet, but you would either need to do 200-crystal refreshes or buy shards from shipments to finish the other, and it still would probably require actual dollars. The most efficient way I can think of is to farm 300 shards normally, buy 100 shards from Shipments (8000 crystals, and a sure thing rather than a gamble on a 200 energy refresh), and spend $30 on the pack for 50 of each. If you bought the crystals, this would be about $80 total.
    -Around 10/18 or 10/25, along with BB-8. You'd have plenty of time to finish both Vets. Personally, I think this is most likely (and it bums me out because I'm 18 shards away from being done).
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The question is, is 3 months of jtr worth $30?
    It's a tough question.

Scavy Rey and bb8 I have 7*
    Finn is 32/100, so with average returns is 4 days
    Chewy is 0/85, so with average returns is 19 days
    Han is 53/65, so with average returns is 20 days

That puts me ready October 27 if I do all cantina. Likely going to miss the next event.

Finn I can change to farming/buying elsewhere and not needing cantina. So October 23rd. If I buy the 50 shards packs, that cuts about 5 days off each vet, so looking at October 13th.

Alot I can do in 3 months with jtr... Depending on when the next event drops, I may panic purchase. And hope I'm geared enough...
  • Options
    Nothing like finishing a team and then waiting. I used most of July and half of August finishing off CLS requirements and now they're just sitting there doing nothing. Occasionally throw them to the wolves in raids for a bit of extra damage.
  • Options
    I know it wont help you much now, but I went vets first and from one JTR ending to the next I had to refresh x3 a day and even then I managed to get them 7* two weeks before rey because of double drops. you havw a god amount of time to gear and mod them though while you collect their shards
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Nothing like finishing a team and then waiting. I used most of July and half of August finishing off CLS requirements and now they're just sitting there doing nothing. Occasionally throw them to the wolves in raids for a bit of extra damage.

Yeah, besides r2, I finished cls team in August. Han and Leia are g9, r2 and Ben g8, and homeboy Luke is g7. Hoping that's enough with arena mods on them
  • Options
    That should do it. My brother unlocked him with all level 80 all G8 and non-arena mods except Leia.

I have them all 82 all G8+4, Old Ben G9. Custom mods on all just to be sure.