Geos Capital Ship

For fleet arena I currently run Thrawn with Biggs, Vader and TFP.

However I'm currently working on building up my Geonosians and their ships and was curious which capital ship they work best with?

I'd love for Thrawn to be the answer since I already have him pretty much maxed but I've heard Tarkin or Akbar are better?

Thanks!

Replies

• They can work with any of them really. Tarkin is probably best on defense. The RNG ability block can be devastating if it falls in your favor. I prefer ackbar on offense. Unfortunately the AI doesn’t use his AOE first on defense, which is simply stupid.
  • I can attest...

Ackbar trio much harder to defeat than any other Capital ship and any other crew. I am only person on shard with 172 speed Tarkin ship so i am talking endgame maxed out fleet.
  • Ackbar is better for Geos, but we would still need a Separatist capital ship to have the right synergy (and to make some sense canonically.. Ackbar leading some separatist bugs is ****.)
  • Ackbar is preety bad on defense, so Tarkin is the best overall capital ship for Geos.
  • Grievous? Seems like a no brainer for a useless toon to fill a giant hole.
  • Tarkin is totally viable on offense : his unique that gives 20%TM for each ship destroyed fuel your killing spree.

On defense Ackbar may be better due to Prot Up on assists
  • Ackbar is **** on defense... the AI doesnt know what abilitites to use and starts with cleanse/heal instead of attacks.

Tarkin is THE best Capital ship for Geos overall, he is great on offense just like Ackbar and holds better on defense as the AI uses the key abilities first. The bonuses to offense and TM gains are the key.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    It's Ackbar. I'm on a July 16 shard and have:

Ackbar / g12
    Thrawn / g12 / double zeta
    Tarkin / g11 / double zeta

And the three geo pilots at g11, 7*.

I've experimented with them all and it's overridingly Ackbar. I hit top 5 at payout, and fall to top 10 overnight.

Main reason I use Ackbar is because you can use his aoe very quickly which will call at least 2 assists, and will leave one enemy in at least yellow health.

Biggest difference I found though is putting an omega on spy so he and soldier stealth when spy takes damage. Then first re-enforcement is Scimitar to keep it up and make Sun Fac tank regardless of taunt (so second omega should be on him for the extra defense), then plo koon to restore 40% health & prot , & dispell all debuffs. Vader & boba are the others but rarely need to call them.

Final tip, take out a FTP early on using any attack that calls assists.
  • Pretty much every time I’ve faced Home One, he leads with Defiant Volley. So if you’re in my shard, use H1 with confidence! Apparently any other shard use Tarkin
  • Both are equally easy, running a meta team here.

Suprisingly, it's the only team in fleet 2.0 that can't beat us even with unfavourable rng for us at the start lol. Kinda weird, wish more people start running geo. XD
  • For fleet arena I currently run Thrawn with Biggs, Vader and TFP.

However I'm currently working on building up my Geonosians and their ships and was curious which capital ship they work best with?

I'd love for Thrawn to be the answer since I already have him pretty much maxed but I've heard Tarkin or Akbar are better?

Thanks!

Ackbar.

I use the 3 Geos as my starters. 7 star ships, 7 star toons all at g11, and I obliterate your lineup. The match is over before either squad could pull in a 2nd reinforcement.

However to make that lineup as deadly as mine, you also need a 7* Poe g11 (mine is g12) his ship at 7*, and at least 1 of his reinforcement upgrades. Having the 2nd one helps tremendously.

My ship battles usually last about 2 minutes. Neither my squad or who I'm going against EVER gets to pull in a 2nd reinforcement.

I'm in the top 80 of a day 1 server as a f2p player. Geos + maxed Poe are WITHOUT QUESTION the best lineup I've used yet.
  • Pacyn4life wrote: »
    Ackbar is preety bad on defense, so Tarkin is the best overall capital ship for Geos.

No it isn't. I have both maxed with maxed geos. The protection buff from each out of turn attack is what puts Snackbar on top. Takin doesn't give bonuses for out of turn attacks.

And that's one of the best things about the geos. All of the extra attacks they take.
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I dont know how its at your shard but when you are attacked by ITF, VADER, KRU, and they dmg your Geos the AI will play the heal first. This means one of your Geos is dead before you get to your next capital ship turn, as Tarkins ships will outspeed you every time.
    I dont know how its at your shard but when you are attacked by ITF, VADER, KRU, and they dmg your Geos the AI will play the heal first. This means one of your Geos is dead before you get to your next capital ship turn, as Tarkins ships will outspeed you every time.

Wha? Tarkin outspeeding HomeOne, the fastest capital ship?

Ackbar ftw.
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    No, you dont understand i never said Ackbar will be slower then Tarkin, Tarkins ships will be faster.
    I guess everyone has to learn this the hard way.
    No, you dont understand i never said Ackbar will be slower then Tarkin, Tarkins ships will be faster.

I wasn't meaning on defense. I was strictly speaking offense. Offensively, Snackbar with the Geos is dang near impossible to lose with.

Prior to ships 2.0 I was top 100 in ships. Then ships 2.0 was released and I didn't win a single battle until I got my geos in order. I dropped down to around 800.

But since I got my geos, (I already had fac and geo soldier 7* g11 and their ships at 7*, so I just needed to get geo spy.) Once I got him... I haven't lost a single battle, I've never pulled more than 2 reinforcements, and never have had my opponent reinforce more than once.

Those geos wreck it. And having the protection buff from Snackbar every assist, is down right nasty. I rarely even lose a single ship. Sometimes I'll lose fac, but that's after I pull in my Poe, and Poe absolutely obliterates whoever I attack. I've gotten Poe to hit for over 100k multiple times (but that's with the 2nd reinforcement upgrade.)

And I am on a day 1 server. So unless you signed up day 1 this game was released, my server is more mature. Well... I think they may have had an early release with a limited number of participants, but my server is a day 1 officlal release server.

But again, I'm strictly speaking offensively. The defense can't be that bad, I rarely drop below 90.
  • Both are equally easy, running a meta team here.

Suprisingly, it's the only team in fleet 2.0 that can't beat us even with unfavourable rng for us at the start lol. Kinda weird, wish more people start running geo. XD

So you're saying the Geos aren't a good fleet? What do you run?

I wasn't meaning on defense. I was strictly speaking offense. Offensively, Snackbar with the Geos is dang near impossible to lose with.

Prior to ships 2.0 I was top 100 in ships. Then ships 2.0 was released and I didn't win a single battle until I got my geos in order. I dropped down to around 800.

But since I got my geos, (I already had fac and geo soldier 7* g11 and their ships at 7*, so I just needed to get geo spy.) Once I got him... I haven't lost a single battle, I've never pulled more than 2 reinforcements, and never have had my opponent reinforce more than once.

Those geos wreck it. And having the protection buff from Snackbar every assist, is down right nasty. I rarely even lose a single ship. Sometimes I'll lose fac, but that's after I pull in my Poe, and Poe absolutely obliterates whoever I attack. I've gotten Poe to hit for over 100k multiple times (but that's with the 2nd reinforcement upgrade.)

And I am on a day 1 server. So unless you signed up day 1 this game was released, my server is more mature. Well... I think they may have had an early release with a limited number of participants, but my server is a day 1 officlal release server.

But again, I'm strictly speaking offensively. The defense can't be that bad, I rarely drop below 90.

Its the same with Tarkin but you fall much less, Home One and Chimera play worse on defense then Executrix. Maybe Home One is a bit better on offense then Executrix, I can agree with that, but if i would need to fight with Ackbar Geos or Tarkin Geos i will always choose Ackbar as he is much easier to defeat.

Protection Gain is ok but the main strength is the burst dmg from assists. Tarkin changes assists to offense boost to have a similar effect.

I am not on a day 1 server, not even close, but it doesnt really matter that much in ships, you can have a maxed out meta in ships in less then a year. Ships are limited to a handfull compared to normal characters. You dont need several years to farm them all. It all depends on the player if he wants to go heavy on ships.