Yet another General Recommendations List

Sleepybear
24 posts Member
edited August 2018
I first off want to say, I love this game. I have been playing since December of 2015. I've seen the good and the bad, but mostly the game has progressed to the bigger and better.

I have been a guild leader for over 2 years. I recently shifted guilds and have stepped back from leader/officer for the time being. I have been meaning to post something with my thoughts for a long time, it has just been hard to find the time to lay out everything I want to say.

Here are some things that I think could use some major QoL Improvements:

Leader/Officer data improvements!
  • TW: is helpful to see who had failed attacks as well as successful attacks, and being able to fully review after.
  • TB: Also improvements on who has attempted a mission and failed, or succeeded. Being able to more quickly figure out who needs to still jump into the fray to be able to ping them. Also, for the special missions, being able to view backwards after rewards are claimed. Currently if you select a special mission to review in the stage behind, it always shows 0/50.
  • Raids: This has been implemented on being more easily to see who has not joined/0 dmg'd when a raid is going, so thank you for this!
  • Daily Tickets: While it is great that the Manage screen is accurate on the daily tickets, what would be super helpful is to be able to see the status of the last reset. Basically, see everyone's ticket production for the last reset, so if an officer was not available to screen shot it right before to see who might be coming up short, it's not lost forever. Do a Daily tickets (Yesterday) in the drop down would be amazing!
Some other QoL improvements:
  • Ship energy on the main cantina screen: It's always good to see your energy levels, so not sure why ship energy is not on the main screen. Mod energy should be added there too, when that update drops. Having to click into ships to see if I spent all my ship energy is not always useful, as I usual go to the character I am farming, then hit Find from there.
  • Inventory Screen: I was around for the original inventory screen, and ability to *gasp* sell excess gear. Even if the ability to sell gear is not returned, being able to see your current level of gear can help plan for a gear up (like how I am hording gear right now for unlocking Traya). With upcoming mod salvage pieces to splice, it would be helpful to have a central place to review your current stash.
  • Fix the bogus energy full notification: Not sure where this comes from, but probably every other day I get a notification in the middle of the day saying my energy is full, when it is not.
  • Brozium Card Multi Buy: we know it's coming, but wanted to bring it up anyway. I do spend all my ally points every day now, but getting down from the 1MM I had took quite a bit of time. Not having to scroll past all the other cards would be awesome too, but from a marketing standpoint I pretty much know that's not going to happen.
  • Useless Quest Dot: Disable the "Quest" notification for the daily ticket turnover. Everyone in the guild knows when it is and no one cares that it happened to the point that they need to go in to the quest menu and look at the new item. Having that red dot on the quests button always makes me feel good, and then this pointless thing brings me bad down.
  • Challenge Gear Balance: This probably won't ever happen, but this needs a serious re-balance. I have a list of the next like 20 MK III Carbanti units I need to equip, but I have 2000+ of all the other challenge gear available. If either the Carbanti was swapped out of some of the other gear recepies, or the solo carbantis were changed for something else (MK VI Stun guns for example!), it would help to re-balance the load. One suggestion below could work...
  • Squad Menu: Remembered about this after watching a CubsFanHan video, so props to him. Being able to access the saved Squads menu from the Character list would be so amazing. Having to go in to pretend to start a battle just to be able to edit those saved squads is frustrating. Replace that Train button with a Squads link (does anyone use that train button and not just go into the toon first?)
  • Battle Stats: I would very much like to be able to see the current passive bonuses in battles, with like a long press on the toon's picture. That way you can see just how much HP had Nihilus boosted himself with, or how much bonus protection/Health steal does Nest currently have, or how much is Asajj's bumped up offence so far. This would also help the community help root out bugs if we can actually see what is being applied where and if it matches what the skills say. I would also like to be able to see enemy cooldowns, like you can in Raids, in other areas of the game. In particular Arena, but in all battles essentially.
  • Daily Energy: With introduction of yet another energy type (Mod Energy), the fact that Ship and Mod energy don't count towards the daily 600/600 needs to be addressed. Either make it more clear they don't count so guild members understand why they are not hitting the 600, or (my preferred recommendation) increase the 600 cap and count all energy. You could also just count it all and leave the caps, but I'm sure that will cause more complaints than anything. I would recommend increasing the 30K Guild cap too, which will allow for more raids more often, which will let us progress faster. This just needs to happen with all the extra energy available!

Now on to some other suggestions.

WORKBENCH!
In the KOTOR Style (and with all these new KOTOR toons, seems like a good time!) I would like to see a workbench where I can convert gear types. Something like take 1 MK VI Carbanti into 10 MK III Carbantis and vice versa, or be able to break anything down into "Scrap", and craft things from the scrap. This could replace the inventory screen suggested above, or be built in as part of it, as well as help take care of the gear re-balance that is so desperately needed.

Ship Raid
I've seen other suggestions for a Ship raid, but i'm not sure our guild would enjoy a full ship raid. I think having a single phase (maybe 2) as part of the next raid should happen though. I am a fan of the new ships, which I may be in the minority of, but I have always enjoyed anything involving ship battle in any game. I know a large number in our guild have let their ships be back burnered, only strong enough to get the Zeta challenge, so a full ship raid would probably be taken with many groans and dislike. A single phase that could be cleared without the entire guild, would be quite fun.

Arena Shuffle
Being one of the early adopters of the game, the Arena shard I am in is very very competitive. While I am struggling to hit the top 100, other people with less powerful rosters are hitting top 10. There is also a cluster of the same guild members at the top of my Shard, holding it down pretty consistently. Shard chats are a thing, having people coordinate to maximize rewards. While I am all good and fine with people communicating with each other to play nice, they can also coordinate an attack on someone to drop them down very far, very fast. A suggestion to help shake things up from time to time, is have a set time period when the Arena Shards get re-shuffled. People who have stepped back from the game and not logged in can get dropped down to a different shard, and people who have advanced can get shuffled to see new players. Say like every 4-6 weeks, shuffle it around to create new grouping. Just a thought.

I've seen other posts about a sandbox mode to test out teams, or intra-guild challenges (like duels) to allow you to play around with teams against something else, other than just playing your GW Table manually. I would definitely support this!

I am going to end this kind of long rant by reinforcing the fact that I love this game! I have always been a big star wars fan, and playing the game through it's ups and downs has been quite the adventure. I am very excited for the new Mod changes, as this was one of my least favorite parts of the game currently, but being able to not have to decide between farming a character or mods with my cantina energy, and easier to sort/find my mod inventory is going to make that so much better!

Thanks for taking the time, and see you at the holotables!

Please Add your thoughts or ideas, or if you think any of the above is a bad idea, share why! More likes/comments the more likely CG will see this and take it seriously.

Edit: Edited to add a few items (including below battle stats) and fix formatting.
Post edited by Sleepybear on

Replies

• Yes, please fix the energy full push notification bug, and a ship raid is long overdue.
  • Another item I thought of was being able to check stats mid-battle. For ones like Asajj during raids, or Wampa, or Nest, or anyone who gains stacking stats passively that you can't long press on a buff. Would also be nice to see enemy ones, of how much bonus protection or bonus health steal the enemy nest is packing currently, or just how much bonus health DN has.

Being able to long press on the icon of my toon in the bottom left and see the current bonus stats would be awesome!

I would also super duper like to be able to see cooldowns of the enemy team in arena, like in raids. I can understand not wanting to add that, but it would be super cool. Or even health stat numbers (possibly able to toggle in settings?) on the health bars. Something like 12.1K / 24K in text within the green health bar/blue protection in the top right. It is super not clear how much health someone has just by looking at the squares, since there is not set value for a single square or how they are broken up.