Does Traya Always Attack Nihilous?

I don't know if this was intentional but in P4 of the STR, Traya ALWAYS attacks Nihilous if he's present. Isolating him and using Abandon All Hope. I haven't seen her target anyone else when Nihilous is in any of my teams. Again, is this intentional?

Replies

• I've seen the same. I think there is some AI programming that causes this as most my battles in P4 use the same toons and have the same attack pattern from Traya.

it could also be a funny easter egg where at the end of the raid, if you use any of the other triumvirate characters, she attacks them only until they're dead. I'd give props to devs if they designed it that way.
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    The ai is way bumped up for this raid. All bosses tend to attack your best toons 1st and target debuffs, daze on counter toons, illosation on jtr or bb8 and such. Greedo is a daze magnet
  • Well that's her revenge for betraying her in KOTOR 2
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    I've never once been able to use Annihilate with him in P4.
  • Try adding in Vader. It seems like she always targets him when I use him. Of course, that may be just because my Vader is heavily geared, so that might be how the programming works. Also makes sinking in a Zeta on his unique for +1 speed in the fleet arena a bit more worthwhile...
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    It's the same way in arena. If facing a Traya, she always puts isolate on Nihilus if able to. The only exception I've seen is if Sith Trooper has protection up buff sometimes she isolates him but in 99.9% of battles in arena, my Nihilus always gets isolate put on him.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    It seems like she always starts off targeting the character with the shield (i.e. the one with the highest combined health/protection).
  • Try adding in Vader. It seems like she always targets him when I use him. Of course, that may be just because my Vader is heavily geared, so that might be how the programming works. Also makes sinking in a Zeta on his unique for +1 speed in the fleet arena a bit more worthwhile...

She still goes for Nihilous. My typical team for P4 is Zalp (lead), Vader, Nihilous, Thrawn, and Hoda.
  • let me fix clarify this for you - Traya will isolate the guy with the highest HP+Protection. if traya/sion will get a debuff, DN will have 30% HP bonus, and then he's the guy with highest HP+Protection. and then hes targeted. so either you fix your speeds so it wont happen (make them slower than enemy traya, so they wont get debuffed, or something like that) or just use the logical solution - auto taunter. thrawn AI is too bad anyway, he will swap TM with traya and traya will isolate the auto taunter, so in 99% of cases, you wont have fructure on auto-taunt and isolate on DN. auto taunt should fix the problem very easily. if you'll start to micromanage your team for the highest HP+Protection with speeds and all... you'll just lose more than you gain. sometimes less is more, and a tank that do nothing allgame besides eating that isolate is pretty much a less.
  • let me fix clarify this for you - Traya will isolate the guy with the highest HP+Protection. if traya/sion will get a debuff, DN will have 30% HP bonus, and then he's the guy with highest HP+Protection. and then hes targeted. so either you fix your speeds so it wont happen (make them slower than enemy traya, so they wont get debuffed, or something like that) or just use the logical solution - auto taunter. thrawn AI is too bad anyway, he will swap TM with traya and traya will isolate the auto taunter, so in 99% of cases, you wont have fructure on auto-taunt and isolate on DN. auto taunt should fix the problem very easily. if you'll start to micromanage your team for the highest HP+Protection with speeds and all... you'll just lose more than you gain. sometimes less is more, and a tank that do nothing allgame besides eating that isolate is pretty much a less.

Okay. That makes sense. It's just annoying when my Nihilous can't score at least 1 annihilate.