Idea: "Army Mode" (Name Pending)

Heyo, very new here on the forums. I recently saw Cubs Fan Han's video on suggestions for GoH and I ended up brainstorming something that I think would be a pretty cool idea.

I'm calling it 'Army Mode' for now, because I don't have a more creative name yet. But here's the basis for it. Your squad is now bumped up in size to 10 people, 2 of them are Leaders.

Fun Stuff
Now then, before I get into the nitty gritty about how this could work. I'd like to first state that the reason why I think that this could be cool is because we have so many cool characters, and so many cool teams. But, we don't really have a way to showcase all of them because we're confined to squads of 5. Meaning that we have to give up some things to get better stuff.

and even though we can get a 'sixth' party member in the normal battles with their Leader Ability, it's not really something you find yourself building your squad around. It's just kind of... a tacked on bonus.

This mode would aim to rectify that. By not only allowing for a second leader ability, but for more units to be used in a squad. Just imagine it!

All the Imperial Troopers and 2 Empire Leaders, Mother Talzin and Asajj leading the Nightsisters! All of the Bounty Hunters with 2 Payouts! Sith with Darth Traya and Emperor Palpatine! Not to mention some other Hybrid ones that I likely don't know about.

It would probably feel pretty great to show off your teams like that. Even better if the battles they fight are equally epic. Be it facing against a buffed previously released Raid, or striking against a new foe.

Technical Stuff
There's probably only one enemy, but in the case of more than five, AoE attacks now come in a couple different flavors. Grouped and Scattered attacks, and they are noted as such in the attacks during the Army Mode.
Grouped Attacks: Are things like Darth Sion's Torment, Boba Fett's Death From Above, or Rebel Officer Leia Organa's Rebel Barrage. These target all the enemies in either Group A or Group B, and operate normally from there.

Scattered Attacks: Are attacks like Zam Wessell's See What Sticks or Grand Moff Tarkin's Ultimate Firepower, or Mother Talzin's Dark Magick. These attacks target 7 random enemies (the previous maximum during the AAT Raid of 6 B1 Battle Droids and 1 B2 Rocket Trooper).

However, I'm kind of stuck on the rules for Taunting. Because on one hand, being subject to 5 Attackers was already brutal enough for many Tanks, 10 would outright kill most Tanks. However, segmenting Taunts into two groups like with AoE attacks would make this feel less like a 10-person battle and more like two teams of 5v5 going on with a little bit of interaction between the two teams. So if any of you have any ideas for how to solve this, I'd love to hear it.

Now then, I imagine that most of the fights involving this Army Mode aren't going to be 10v10s. Most likely they'll be 10v1/3/5 fights against strong opponents. What do all of you think? Think this mode could work?

Replies

• In theory I like the idea, but in practice I think it would be extremely difficult for cg. They have enough problems trying to balance five man squads. Trying to balance 10 man squads would be a nightmare. I’d love to see it happen but realistically....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Heyo, very new here on the forums. I recently saw Cubs Fan Han's video on suggestions for GoH and I ended up brainstorming something that I think would be a pretty cool idea.

I'm calling it 'Army Mode' for now, because I don't have a more creative name yet. But here's the basis for it. Your squad is now bumped up in size to 10 people, 2 of them are Leaders.

Fun Stuff
    Now then, before I get into the nitty gritty about how this could work. I'd like to first state that the reason why I think that this could be cool is because we have so many cool characters, and so many cool teams. But, we don't really have a way to showcase all of them because we're confined to squads of 5. Meaning that we have to give up some things to get better stuff.

and even though we can get a 'sixth' party member in the normal battles with their Leader Ability, it's not really something you find yourself building your squad around. It's just kind of... a tacked on bonus.

This mode would aim to rectify that. By not only allowing for a second leader ability, but for more units to be used in a squad. Just imagine it!

All the Imperial Troopers and 2 Empire Leaders, Mother Talzin and Asajj leading the Nightsisters! All of the Bounty Hunters with 2 Payouts! Sith with Darth Traya and Emperor Palpatine! Not to mention some other Hybrid ones that I likely don't know about.

It would probably feel pretty great to show off your teams like that. Even better if the battles they fight are equally epic. Be it facing against a buffed previously released Raid, or striking against a new foe.

Technical Stuff
    There's probably only one enemy, but in the case of more than five, AoE attacks now come in a couple different flavors. Grouped and Scattered attacks, and they are noted as such in the attacks during the Army Mode.
    Grouped Attacks: Are things like Darth Sion's Torment, Boba Fett's Death From Above, or Rebel Officer Leia Organa's Rebel Barrage. These target all the enemies in either Group A or Group B, and operate normally from there.

Scattered Attacks: Are attacks like Zam Wessell's See What Sticks or Grand Moff Tarkin's Ultimate Firepower, or Mother Talzin's Dark Magick. These attacks target 7 random enemies (the previous maximum during the AAT Raid of 6 B1 Battle Droids and 1 B2 Rocket Trooper).

However, I'm kind of stuck on the rules for Taunting. Because on one hand, being subject to 5 Attackers was already brutal enough for many Tanks, 10 would outright kill most Tanks. However, segmenting Taunts into two groups like with AoE attacks would make this feel less like a 10-person battle and more like two teams of 5v5 going on with a little bit of interaction between the two teams. So if any of you have any ideas for how to solve this, I'd love to hear it.

Now then, I imagine that most of the fights involving this Army Mode aren't going to be 10v10s. Most likely they'll be 10v1/3/5 fights against strong opponents. What do all of you think? Think this mode could work?

I really didn’t need to quote all this.

But I like the idea.