Places of Power Tier 1

Minor Nitpick:

The balance felt a little off.

FO is my main squad. Level 78, Thought I had a chance at beating my first Assault Battle!

Cruised through the first 7 waves with hardly a scratch on me, nice! I was even able to use mostly basics in the 7th wave so my specials were ready.

Wave 8 I didn't stand a chance! One of my squad falls before I can act, then I do my TM combo, barely dent 1 enemy, and proceed to get crushed.

No worries if I'm not meant to be strong enough yet. Basically I'm just wondering what the first 7 waves are for, since it seems any squad able to beat wave 8 couldn't even be hit by anyone in the first 7.

Great game though! Been playing for 10 weeks or so and I'm still discovering and unlocking new fun things!

Replies

• It's mainly for entertaining purpose I guess. I personally would say the assault battles would be boring with only 1 wave. They are my favourite events in the game and it gives you a feeling of accomplishment after beating them the first time. Especially since you need pretty high gear for all the different factions.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You can use the event special ability to manipulate which of your team members you want to go first in the last wave. That often helps, until your team is strong enough to just blast through. Further more, on weaker teams, Nihilus will be a very strong character. If you initiate the final wave by annihilating Yoda, the enemy team falls apart.
  • The first 7 waves are just a warmup - I wouldn't want Vader pulling a muscle
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I always see the first waves as something to reduce the odds of brute force rng wins. If your team isn't super strong and you're just looking for luck you are less likely to roll through 7 waves tons of time trying to get that luck. 7 waves can also do a great job of eating a bunch of protection which weakens you for the last wave.
  • winky
    24 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies! I guess it's just a little jarring that the 2 main types of events (Omega & Assault Battle) have such a wide gap between when they are beatable. Has anyone beaten an Assault Battle before hitting 85? Am I just bad?
  • Verschlinger
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    winky wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! I guess it's just a little jarring that the 2 main types of events (Omega & Assault Battle) have such a wide gap between when they are beatable. Has anyone beaten an Assault Battle before hitting 85? Am I just bad?

All assault battles are endgame content. Without Nihilus it's probably very hard at the point where you are right now in the game. G9 Nihilus and Maul can do some very crazy things in this event :smile:
  • Maul is an absolute beast in this battle. FO gets the job done too, once you gear them up enough. Just keep building them, they will prevail.
  • The first 7 waves are to prime abilities and “get ready” for the final wave.

But 8 waves is pretty much a waste of time on these. Most would be better with 5 waves.