Character Idea: Jango Fett

DarthJahlok
16 posts Member
edited August 2018
Hi, I'm new to this website, and I've had a layout for Jango in my head for awhile now, since everyone seems to want him. Anyways, here are my ideas, let me know what you think and maybe what I should change or add!

(All abilities are shown at max level)

Basic: Quick shot
Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down for 2 turns on a critical hit. If target enemy evades this attack, gain offense up for 1 turn. Republic characters cannot evade this attack. Jedi targets take +25% more damage from this attack.

Special: Flamethrower
Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict burning for 2 turns. Call a random ally to assist, dealing 35% less damage. If that ally is a bounty hunter, they gain defense and offense up for 2 turns. (Cooldown: 5)

Special: Harsh Whipcord
Deal physical damage to target enemy and stun them for 1 turn. If Boba Fett is present, he is called to assist. This attack can't be evaded or resisted. (Cooldown: 3)

Leader: Take them out
Separatist allies gain +30% speed. Bounty hunter allies gain +30% defense and +20% tenacity. If Jango Fett is in the leader slot, and not in the ally slot, the following contract is active:

Defeat the least healthiest enemy during an encounter. (Only bounty hunter allies can contribute to this contract.)

Reward: All bounty hunter allies gain +25% offense and speed and their payouts are activated

Unique: Jango's Payout
Whenever a contract is completed, Jango ignores defense for the rest of the battle and his cooldowns are reset.

Unique: Like Father, Like Son
Whenever Boba Fett takes damage, Jango gains 40% turn meter. Whenever Boba Fett lands a critical hit, Jango gains critical chance up for 2 turns. Whenever Boba Fett defeats an enemy, Jango gains 100% turn meter.
Post edited by DarthJahlok on

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Eh. Please don’t take these comments as rude, I like the concept.

It just doesn’t seem to fit Jango. I like the speed idea, but I’d like to see more of it throughout his kit. The offense seems like too much, it might be unnecessary.

I made a similar kit for Jango based on speed about a year ago, and I wasn’t much a fan of that either. I feel like he needs some sort of stealth to mechanic to really turn up the heat.

I don’t like the Boba synergy. It seems out of place. If anything they should make young boba and give him synergy with Jango, otherwise, I’d keep the synergies strictly to Separatists and BH, with more emphasis on Separatists.

Overall, it’s a good start but it just doesn’t fit. A lot of his moves are either underpowered or completely OP. But you should work on it, give it a little more oomph, and I think it’ll shape up to be a quite valuable kit. Job well done.

We all know EA/CG will make an OP kit that doesn’t fit his style whatsoever, but I’d like to see fan kits become real possibilities. Sometimes the fans know best.
  • Looks good. I like all the abilities until we get to the Leader abiltiy. I think the Leader Abiltiy should be this:

Collect the Bounty:(Leader Ability)
    Whenever a Bounty Hunter ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they gain 20% TM. Whenever a Separatist Ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they recover 20% health.

When Jango is in the Leader slot and not the Ally slot the following contract is Active:

Contract: Damage an Enemy with 20 Specials.

Reward: Bounty Hunters Allies gain 10% Critical Chance (stacking), 10% TM and reduce an enemy TM by 10% whenever they use a Special. This cannot be evaded or resisted.

He’s No Good To Me Dead (Unique)
    Whenever Boba Fett is present, and has Bounty Hunters Resolve active, once during each encounter if Jango Fett is defeated, he is revived with 80% Health and 100% TM. Boba Fett gains 100% TM and his next attack does 50% more Damage.

Whenever an enemy is Stunned or defeated, all Bounty Hunter Allies gain 20% TM. This TM gain cannot be resisted.

I liked everything else but the last two I think look good.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
  • SemiGod wrote: »

We already got him a year ago you know
  • SemiGod wrote: »

We already got him a year ago you know

The or nal post was from ages ago.