Kit Reveal: Hound's Tooth

Replies

  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    **** it...just was close to max out the nightmare meta and they came up with Bastila.
    Have been heavily investing in GEOS the last couple of weeks and now this...

    Seriously...give us time to actually enjoy our investments a little before you screw us...

    I run maxed Geos and they're awesome. This new ship does throw a potential spanner in the works, but just remember that 7* Bossks are not common, 7* HTs will be even less common, and a few whales per shard won't block your route to your payout - you can always avoid them.

    Furthermore, I think Wedge will be a good counter to this ship, and he's a character that virtually everyone has fairly well geared and starred.
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Use Geo Spy reinforcement and force taunts on other ships, destroy other ships, finish Hound with Thrawn ultimate or Wedge Reinforcement. Start with Soldier, Sun Fac and your own Hound.
  • Buff Immunity (Wedge, Gauntlet, etc) would work as a counter, but on the other hand Buff Immunity is easily countered:

    Jedi C, Cassian, and Ghost call a targeted assist; Biggs, Geo Soldier, Bistan's reinforcement call random assists. Any assist called on Hound's tooth will cleanse Buff Immunity. Plo's reinforcement can cleanse it, Plo's special can cleanse it. Scimitar and Ahsoka can give it retribution, so the counterattack from HT will cleanse it.

    It's not that it is a bad idea to try to Buff Immunity HT, but I'm just saying that it is very very easy to cleanse Buff Immunity off it again.... I'd just think about that before spending 100 reinforcement materials on Wedge.

    Used in conjunction with Daze (Poe, Resistance Fighter) it might work a little better, but you will have a pretty crippled fleet if you design it to counter a single ship

    @Pacyn4life If an enemy is already taunting, can you target the other, non-taunting ships when you call Geo Spy? I would have thought that you would be stuck targeting the ship that is already taunting
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    @Caiaphas dont know, maybe you are right, in that case you need to dispel his taunt first... you can also ability block him before he moves in the first round so he cant taunt, i think he is slower then any capital ship

    PS. i you need the resistance x-wing to kill Hound, you can easily spare the 4th RI for him, it doesnt matter in offense, but in the defense i think the AI will play really bad if it needs several thought out moves... which means everyone attacking with the Hound can count for an easy victory no matter what they run
    which means that the best attacking fleets will still be the best if they have hound and that nothing will hold well in defense as the AI wont be able to kill your Hound
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I run maxed Geos and they're awesome. This new ship does throw a potential spanner in the works, but just remember that 7* Bossks are not common, 7* HTs will be even less common, and a few whales per shard won't block your route to your payout - you can always avoid them.

    Furthermore, I think Wedge will be a good counter to this ship, and he's a character that virtually everyone has fairly well geared and starred.

    Unfortunately my Geos are not maxed yet and it will still take about a month (with all the omegas) for them to be viable enough to replace my current lineup and to be able to enjoy them.

    As for Wedge: totally true. But I am fairly new to the game (playing since end of Feb 2018) and I did not invest in Wedge yet as he was no real necessity in any part of the game (helpful yes, but no necessity!), so another toon that needs gearing up and a lot of investment (besides so many other toons that are must haves...).

    But my hopes are for a Separatist capital ship coming soon...
    Post edited by Cyclonick on
  • Geos are a great fleet even if they fall out of the top meta in couple months.
    I cleared with them all PvE fights with 3* where the old meta failed.
    They clear by themselfs all DS TB nodes.
    Not to mention TW.
    Plus they will still be viable with Hound in their lineup.
  • Will probably be good once 7* in 6-12 months from now, but I suspect he will be less effective than Biggs until then. 20k bonus protection on hit won’t really make enough of a difference when Vader and tie fighter hit for 70-100k apiece for him to be meta at 3/4 stars like nest.
  • People: Biggs' ship makes ship battles drawn out and boring.
    CG: Hold my beer.
    Way to make ships more fun guys!
    The greed is strong with this one.
  • I know this is of the subject but CG why dont you do speedor battles you have an extra chest and probley a table to
    (Just an idea) :)
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I really like this ship, TBH... but yeah, I don't think it's going to do anything other then make the Geo investment now worth less and lend itself further to p2w territory.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • You developers are just plain awful at any sort of balance design.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • SonofRambo
    33 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Deleted
  • Damodamo
    1411 posts Member
    Anyone come up with something workable against a 7*ht with a 7*g12 pilot? Just having a nightmare..
    Seen a geo fleet and a mirror to mine beat it, but can’t work it myself...
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Anyone come up with something workable against a 7*ht with a 7*g12 pilot? Just having a nightmare..
    Seen a geo fleet and a mirror to mine beat it, but can’t work it myself...

    Buff immunity or 100k+ hitters.
  • Damodamo
    1411 posts Member
    @Roopehunter it has 90k protection and around 70k health :/
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    @Roopehunter it has 90k protection and around 70k health :/

    So thats 2 hits to kill.
    (as an alternative to putting up a buff immunity)
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I held 1st all night with mine, got bumped to third by a thrawn lead heavy hitting team but he could only beat me 1/2 the time and I won on Off everytime.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    I held 1st all night with mine

    Which ships are you using with it.
    Have 4* HT and 6* gr11 Bossk and not impressed with it on defense so far.

  • Damodamo
    1411 posts Member
    I’m thinking I’m going to have to drop vader to the bench against him, go fotp and tfp with biggs, or drop Biggs :o and have three hitters to go against him.. then reinforce with Biggs...
    Actually that might not be the worst idea for offence anyway and just use that to snipe first....hmm
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    I’m thinking I’m going to have to drop vader to the bench against him, go fotp and tfp with biggs, or drop Biggs :o and have three hitters to go against him.. then reinforce with Biggs...
    Actually that might not be the worst idea for offence anyway and just use that to snipe first....hmm

    Exactly. Biggs reinforcement maxed is amazing. Do a target lock (gain taunt), attack, call an assist - and even the AI uses it perfectly (the key to a succesful Defense).
  • Damodamo
    1411 posts Member
    @Roopehunter thanks for being the wall to bounce my thoughts off.. cheers
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    @Roopehunter thanks for being the wall to bounce my thoughts off.. cheers

    Any time. I wish you much success.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Corpus wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    I held 1st all night with mine

    Which ships are you using with it.
    Have 4* HT and 6* gr11 Bossk and not impressed with it on defense so far.

    Both 7* gear 12 lol. (Held with 5* though before)

    Off I run Bossk, Biggs, Vader, call in Bobba, Tie and Silencer.

    On Def Bossk, Vader, Silencer and call in Biggs, Bobba and Tie.

    7* and maxed Bossk make a big difference in what you can absorb.
  • Vader special dispels on TL target, ability block will prevent him from taunting again.
    ITF special inflicts Buff Immunity on TL targets.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Foxer wrote: »
    Corpus wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    I held 1st all night with mine

    Which ships are you using with it.
    Have 4* HT and 6* gr11 Bossk and not impressed with it on defense so far.

    Both 7* gear 12 lol. (Held with 5* though before)

    Off I run Bossk, Biggs, Vader, call in Bobba, Tie and Silencer.

    On Def Bossk, Vader, Silencer and call in Biggs, Bobba and Tie.

    7* and maxed Bossk make a big difference in what you can absorb.

    Are you using a run just to change defense?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    Corpus wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    I held 1st all night with mine

    Which ships are you using with it.
    Have 4* HT and 6* gr11 Bossk and not impressed with it on defense so far.

    Both 7* gear 12 lol. (Held with 5* though before)

    Off I run Bossk, Biggs, Vader, call in Bobba, Tie and Silencer.

    On Def Bossk, Vader, Silencer and call in Biggs, Bobba and Tie.

    7* and maxed Bossk make a big difference in what you can absorb.

    Are you using a run just to change defense?

    It doesn’t make a huge difference, if I hit 1st though before the midnight reset I’ll attack the number 2 guy with the setup I want for the best chance to hold overnight. Before hounds tooth I’d fall 20-30 slits overnight now I hold top 10 for sure, top 5 with the right setup.
  • Hounds tooth with biggs and plo as reinforcement is infinate taunt

    remember plo entrance removes debuff so you het one shot with wedge entrance if AI works properly.

    But you will not beat a max houndstooth when on d
  • Foxer wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    Corpus wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    I held 1st all night with mine

    Which ships are you using with it.
    Have 4* HT and 6* gr11 Bossk and not impressed with it on defense so far.

    Both 7* gear 12 lol. (Held with 5* though before)

    Off I run Bossk, Biggs, Vader, call in Bobba, Tie and Silencer.

    On Def Bossk, Vader, Silencer and call in Biggs, Bobba and Tie.

    7* and maxed Bossk make a big difference in what you can absorb.

    Are you using a run just to change defense?

    It doesn’t make a huge difference, if I hit 1st though before the midnight reset I’ll attack the number 2 guy with the setup I want for the best chance to hold overnight. Before hounds tooth I’d fall 20-30 slits overnight now I hold top 10 for sure, top 5 with the right setup.

    50-100 on my shard has been gridlock for months now. I've managed to hold on to about 100 with 6* Exec (g10) and an almost maxed FO fleet (shuttle, FOTF, FOSFT, Silencer R3, Vader R1, Reaper R1). I'm kinda holding out for a First Order capital ship.

    So I needed a tank, and I don't like light side toons, so I scooped up the Hound here and held my breath. I'm a casual spender and bought the pack to 4* HT and 5* my G11 Bossk. Upgraded shuttle to reinforcement 3. I ran HT and the two FO fighters, usually reinforce with shuttle and silencer. Jumped to rank 50 overnight. Holds okay too.

    I had a lot of omega saved, so that helped. I have no doubt this will probably be the best tank.
  • I beat a Max HT with Vader's DOT, I would say 2 of 3 times.
    A Kraken in my fleet uses Sith Fighter, Vader, HT - reinf Biggs, Phantom, Ghost, (I dont know). This strategy takes advantage of the slow ships (Vader, HT, Sith). I have not tried this with other ship combinations as there is only one max HT in my fleet.
    All my ship abilities are maxed including capital ship

    I use ITF, KRU, Biggs, -- reinf Vader, Phantom, Ghost, (battle ends at 3rd reinf).
    1. ITF special on HT. Prioritize evasion over TL chance. Dont attack others, HT will gain TM and will taunt. Use Tarkin Basic instead of Ion Cannon to hit only HT.
    2. KRU basic on HT. Great if stunned, lowers winning chance if not but still doable.
    3. Biggs any attack on HT. Basic is recommended to land TL before Vader comes.
    4. Call Vader, basic on HT. That should give HT 3-5 DoTs depending if he had TL before Vader basic.
    5. Opponent calls Biggs. Attack Biggs even though he has retribution, you must kill him. Exception is KRU, basic on HT to stun.
    6. If ITF is still alive, special on HT for buff immunity, at this point the DoTs have put HT to low health.
    7. When Biggs is dead, you will be able to finish off HT.
    8. Call Phantom Special attack. Call Ghost, debuff special if opponent has 4 ships; or 3 ships with at least 2 debuffs...otherwise Static Jammer.
    9. I am able to finish them with Imperial Assault

Sign In or Register to comment.