Can we maybe get a BH or two that isn't a Scoundrel?

Can we maybe get a BH or two that isn't a Scoundrel? Like Canderous Ordo, or Kir Kanos, or really just about anyone? Maybe even light side or something? Mix it up a little, please?

Replies

• Canderous isn't a bounty hunter though. He's a mercenary. I'd argue beating people up for a pay check definitely puts him in the scoundrel category. I have no problem with them all having the scoundrel tag, makes more team options available.
  • For me at least "Scoundrel" has a more specific connotation than any lawbreaker or thug. And the "more team options" logic isn't much of an argument, since by that logic, it would be better for every character to have every faction. Frankly I want to see this game work more towards fitting the lore. The mechanics of the game don't matter if it fails to feel like it belongs in Star Wars.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are working more lore elements into events and things of that nature, but the game was never really mean to be based on lore, at least from a character perspective.

If it was character wouldn't be "allowed on the same team if lore had them as mortal enemies and things like that.

Also not sure why you would want a faction tag removed from a character like this. The scoundrel tag kinda goes hand in hand with a BH.

They have stated that BH will always be DS, due to the choices they make to be a BH.
  • To be a Bounty Hunter kinda requires being a Scoundrel tbh
  • Starhammer
    66 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If every BH must also be a scoundrel, then one tag is redundant.

Just opinions. Maybe I should just shut up and give up on this game.
  • What could possibly be the benefit of not having the scoundrel tag? Right now L3-37 is the closest thing to a bounty hunter healer because they all have it. Don’t mess that up for us please.
  • Starhammer wrote: »

Just opinions. Maybe I should just shut up and give up on this game.

Basically every Bounty Hunter is a Scoundrel, but not every Scoundrel is a Bounty Hunter, such as L3
  • why would this not changing make you give up on the game? there is no good reason why they wouldn't have the tag, especially because they are all scoundrels
    Eh, not really. We have other subfactions. Phoenix within Rebels. Imperial Troopers within Empire. Clone Troopers within Galactic Republic. Geonosians within Separatists.
    Still not a he.
  • I’d love to see Jango Fett! Also with bounty hunters I find it “fun” and enjoyable to play them even if they’ll never be a META. I have 2 G12 and Bossk is G12 ready once I can 7* him. They are plain out fun and I love them even when I get wiped out by EP teams. Their PVE benefit though is amazing which is great because the META will always change with the addition of more characters but my BH will continue to help the guild in TW, TB, and Heroic Sith Raid. I’d love for Jango to be a legendary character, maybe throw in some KOTOR or Old Republic (MMO) characters but removing tags would be bad. It gives them versatility to be put in different teams. I for one am a HUGE fan of the reworks they’ve done and addition of new characters as well. Good job EA, and Devs. Just give me Jango and I’ll write you in on my will!!
  • why would this not changing make you give up on the game? there is no good reason why they wouldn't have the tag, especially because they are all scoundrels

It's not the tags that would make me give up on the game, it's the community. So many of you seem more focused on whether the game mechanics benefit you and so what if anything doesn't fit lore. It's not just this issue, it's a cumulative frustration with the zealous defense of things I find absurd, like that after all this time, there's still no Chewbacca with a Rebel tag, Vet Han & Chewie don't have a Resistance tag, though they clearly were more heavily involved than Rey (in her scavenger stage, who didn't know anything about the resistance until she showed up at the end), or that there are two friggen Falcons in the game so far and Han Solo isn't involved with either of them. I understand the need for mechanics and game systems and balance, but all that can be done behind the scenes easily enough, "invisible math" as a friend of mine calls it... it doesn't need to break iconic lore to get the job done.

I'm not talking about REMOVING tags from existing bounty hunters, I'm saying it would be nice to see some bounty hunters represent the idea that not everyone in the profession is a lawbreaker/thug/SCOUNDREL/assassin.

But again, what the hell would I know? My desires and opinions are clearly irrelevant, and I shouldn't even be wasting my time trying to discuss them with a bunch of zealot drones who just want to shout down everything that is different from what the developers spoon feed them.

Yeah, great job CG. You made a game just good enough for me to care about, but not good enough for me to blindly accept as perfect. Obviously a user error. Go back to appreciating your worshipers.

• That escalated quickly.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not getting worked up over trivial details is not the same as fawning worshipers.

The things you list don't "break iconic lore." They're decisions you disagree with. People making decisions you disagree with is not a personal affront against you. No need to pout over how mean people are being to you by making debatable decisions in a way you wouldn't have gone.

And for this particular hill you're dying on? "Bounty hunter" in Star Wars is pretty much a synonym for hired thug, assassin, kidnapper, thief, and general law and/or kneebreaker for hire, with very few exceptions. Who would you even propose as notable non-scoundrel bounty hunters? Canderous was the hired thug of a crime lord and generally mucked about with the scum and villainy, putting him pretty reasonably under 'scoundrel,' and Kir Kanos is hella fringe Legends comic character, from sources the game hasn't even come close to, and that CG would have a ton of way more relevant Legends material to get through first. Like, Therm Scissorpunch seriously seems like a more reasonable character to expect for this game than Kir Kanos. We'd probably have Corran Horn long before Kir was even considered. Or Luuke. Or Piggy. Or Xixor. Or Prince Isolder. Or Trioculus, True Son of the Emperor. And by the time he could be considered a bounty hunter, Kir Kanos was also an outlaw, so scoundrel would still fit. So you're complaining about all the bounty hunters in the game being scoundrels when every bounty hunter we see is a scoundrel. Even the most benevolent example we've gotten lately, Ketsu, is pretty wrong-side-of-the-law.

Chill out. You're making mountains out of molehills. Or in this case, mountains out of flat ground.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
    why would this not changing make you give up on the game? there is no good reason why they wouldn't have the tag, especially because they are all scoundrels

It's not the tags that would make me give up on the game, it's the community. So many of you seem more focused on whether the game mechanics benefit you and so what if anything doesn't fit lore. It's not just this issue, it's a cumulative frustration with the zealous defense of things I find absurd, like that after all this time, there's still no Chewbacca with a Rebel tag, Vet Han & Chewie don't have a Resistance tag, though they clearly were more heavily involved than Rey (in her scavenger stage, who didn't know anything about the resistance until she showed up at the end), or that there are two friggen Falcons in the game so far and Han Solo isn't involved with either of them. I understand the need for mechanics and game systems and balance, but all that can be done behind the scenes easily enough, "invisible math" as a friend of mine calls it... it doesn't need to break iconic lore to get the job done.

I'm not talking about REMOVING tags from existing bounty hunters, I'm saying it would be nice to see some bounty hunters represent the idea that not everyone in the profession is a lawbreaker/thug/SCOUNDREL/assassin.

But again, what the hell would I know? My desires and opinions are clearly irrelevant, and I shouldn't even be wasting my time trying to discuss them with a bunch of zealot drones who just want to shout down everything that is different from what the developers spoon feed them.

Yeah, great job CG. You made a game just good enough for me to care about, but not good enough for me to blindly accept as perfect. Obviously a user error. Go back to appreciating your worshipers.

As far as I know, every Bounty Hunter would be considered a Scoundrel or Lawbreaker in one regard or another, if you can name a Bounty Hunter who wouldn't fit the tag, name it and I'll be more than happy with that.