Gear and Ability Materials in excess

This may be a topic that has been hashed out and ruled out. But I was wondering if you have considered allowing Heavily under utilized Gear and Ability Materials as currency either to sell it like mods back for credits. Or trading a number of Mk I and Mk II materials for Mk III. A number of MK III for Omega etc.

On the Gear side make more of the bits usable that are sitting in my inventory unused in the thousands usable in maybe large quantities to upgrade or turn in for more commonly used by every character in the game parts. For Example I have 32 Characters that need the Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace To make this Gear you need 50 Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage amongst other Salvage. So do the math I need 32x50=1600 of the Mk 5 slavage to advance those characters. Not to mention once I upgrade one of those character they will inevitably need another Mk 5 Furnace. And the only way currently in game to acquire them is Pit Raid, Sith Raid and spend 599 Crystals on the Galactic Gear Pack, (Gear Lottery Scratch off ticket), and occasionally one of the shipment stores. One Idea i had was make the Mk 1 though Mk 4 in some combination of consumption be able to make the Mk 5 Salvage so it can be used to still in qty of 50 to Make the Mk 5.

The other thought is to make Gear and Ability Material trade-able for one another. You can use some number of Ability Material to receive 1 salvage or with enough ability material trade for a complete piece of Gear. And vice versa trade Gear for Ability Materials.

Now to be fair I will state that I am a F2P player and plan to stay that way as I have played this game for 2+ years. I just know that even as a F2P I have a ton of unused gear ranging from Mk 1 to 8 and 9 in the thousands and they will serve no purpose now or in the future.

Also having a section that allows me to review and sort my gear know what I have and ont have on a single screen would be great.

Since I may have missed it I again apologize if this is a repeat post. And I appreciate any Feedback

-Evslainin