Cad Bane still terrible after rework

Zeeb05
121 posts Member
edited August 2018
2 years it's been. For 2 years, I've waited for my favorite bounty hunter and favorite overall character to get a rework and it's finally come. I'm disappointed to say, Cad Bane is literally equally as bad as he was before. He still has absolutely no viability and is still basically usless, even on a Bounty Hunter team. I just don't understand..why? I get that you can make every single toon the best character, but Bane is iconic. Starwars.com has Bane as the number one Bounty Hunter of all time. I just don't understand after all the years of comments and youtube videos of fans begging for our beloved character to get a rework, this is what we got. Very, very disappointing. Here I am 2 years later begging for another Cad Bane rework. Please, capitol games, do something here.

Replies

• Teague
    939 posts Member
    The best part of Yoda's rework was simply his damage output increase. That isn't viewable in the rework notes. If they did the same for Bane and basically doubled (or more) his damage, he'll be a pretty good character.

Agreed, the rework to his abilities seems subpar. But let's see how his stats and damage output changes before declaring him still useless.
  • Teague wrote: »
    The best part of Yoda's rework was simply his damage output increase. That isn't viewable in the rework notes. If they did the same for Bane and basically doubled (or more) his damage, he'll be a pretty good character.

Agreed, the rework to his abilities seems subpar. But let's see how his stats and damage output changes before declaring him still useless.

Ahnald said that Cad’s protection was boosted quite a bit, but health and speed are the same. And his damage is still pretty low too, nothing compared to Embo.
  • SilverbackMM
    260 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Lazy rework.
  • ... Then we can see that Jango Fett was (one of) the best Bounty Hunter in TCW time.
  • ... Then we can see that Jango Fett was (one of) the best Bounty Hunter in TCW time.

He was the best actually, up until mace windu caused him to....(Dr. Evil pinky to mouth) lose his head.
  • I know, he is terrible, but CG doesn't care as he is a GW reward, this very sad, but it's the truth, a badass like Cad Bane shouldn't be treated like that
  • His rework wasn’t as bad as zam wessel’s she still sucks and Greedo is soooo fragile more so than 88
  • Cad bane now gives buff immunity to any Jedi character on his basic he also on his basic when he hits a Jedi character has a higher chance than before to bonus attack them
  • Ya wanna know something?

I just love (sarcasm ;) ) when I see people complain about a toon, who already has had their rework, no matter how good or bad it is, when reworks in general make a toon overall better (either a lot better or slightly better, granted)... AND YET...

General Grievous STILL has yet to see his ever-so-needed rework. And everyone who plays this game knows about the infamous
    long-awaited GG rework. Like lol man.

#ReworkGrievous instead! :smiley:

5818258caevy.jpg

Spread the word... lol :lol:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I have never seen Cad place detonators after evasion.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Typherrion wrote: »
    His rework wasn’t as bad as zam wessel’s she still sucks and Greedo is soooo fragile more so than 88

Zam is actually quite a bit better now, but she's designed for longer matches. Greedo isn't more fragile than 88 is, they have almost the exact same combined health + protection at g12, but Greedo's protection pool is 1000 protection larger, and most of their large health boosts both come from the g12 pieces, meaning that they don't get taken into account by mods so Greedo has more survivability than Ig-88 does in that sense.
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I have never seen Cad place detonators after evasion.

I was using Cad in a BH team in TB and saw detonators showing up randomly when I hadn't used any of my mass detonator abilities and was extremely confused. Eventually I bothered to go and figure out that they were coming from Cad evading (I had seen him evading cuz it was rather entertaining how much he evades when he gets the evasion boost and someone with accuracy down starts attacking him).