Good/Bad time to work on Bounty Hunters?

I had been planning on working on my BH soon-ish, and the plan had been: Boba Tea (L), Cad Bane (even though he sucks, because I love him), Greedo, weak 3-star Embo (because he's cool), and Zam Wessel (even though I can't find her anywhere, ever).

But thennnn whaaaaaaaaaaaaa??? I discover that:
Aurra Sing is coming out.
Cad Bane is getting a rework.

And oh yeah, Bossk is actually farmable now.

So plan #2 was weak, 3-star Embo (L), because that looks better that Boba, Cad Bane (sweet! He won't suck anymore!) Greedo, weak 3-star Bossk (hey, at least he's farmable), and Boba.

But now I'm lost. Is weak, 3-star Aurra Sing better than one of these guys? And is Zam worth keeping over one of them, too?

My team is basically going to be half 3-star pay-to-play characters, yeah? I don't know what to do and who is the best combination now! I don't mind being 'behind the trend' and using characters I'm already done with (IG-88, Boba Fett, Cad Bane) instead of the 'cool new' (but impossible-to-level) ones.

What's your call, community? What's my best team of Bounty Hunters as we transition to a new world full of them?

Replies

• Any BH team must contain Bossk in some capacity. They need a tank.

If you are looking at arena don’t go for a Bossk lead. A well geared Bossk lead can auto all DSTB battles on all tiers.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    If you are looking at arena don’t go for a Bossk lead. A well geared Bossk lead can auto all DSTB battles on all tiers.

Sorry, @Mr_Sausage, I think I'm not getting you. Does DSTB stand for "Dark Side Territory Battles?" If so, are you saying DON'T go for a Bossk lead? Or DO go for a Bossk lead?? Why not go for it if it's so good?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Arena - NO Bossk lead
    TB/GW - Bossk lead

If you need healing in arena that badly, you're in trouble. Boba's or Embo's leads create more offense which you need. And Boba has a very arena-geared contract: kill one character. Good luck satisfying other ones in a single 5-5 arena battle.
  • ^^^^^This
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Hmmm some must not have zeta Bossk lead they do ok in arena. As for cad rework it’s all speculation(he’s paper)I run ZBossk Boba Dengar Greedo and Zam. I’ll swap Zam with Embo when I get some stars on him as his health is pretty low. I can tear down Chaze Wiggs, empire with palp, Bastilla squads and those CLS squad with FO being the only ones I struggle with due to TM gain. They are a lot of fun! As far as offense goes Bossk hunting party gives you that and to say no for arena is only if your the whale in your shard or in an old shard.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    A problem with BH in raids especially AAT is there is major problems with payout targets but they are useful in Sith Raid.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Personally I’m not gearing bounty hunters for the time being, I want to hold off see if anything big is coming within the next month or two and if so what would be the best bet then. Slowly farming Bossk though as I reckon he would pretty much be a safe bet to have in any BH squad regardless.
  • @3pourr2

It's not that you can't use Bossk as leader, it's that bounty hunters work extremely well once they fulfill their contract. Their unique payouts are key to staying competitive. Boba's leadership contract is the easiest one to complete in a squad arena match, that's all. Just expect that if you're using BH in arena you'll fall hard when you aren't in control of them.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    That aspect is true for all teams under ai control but bossk lead with dengar on the team is way easier to complete contract.bossk taunt dengar thermal detonators(multi hits) dengar used special so bossk 100% tm, Bossk hunting party(everyone attacks)and with greedo and boba multi attacks , contract complete! Much easier than getting a kill with same speed payout and health/protection regen. This method gets Embos lead payout fast too.
  • My brother runs a 4-zeta BH team and can climb up to 300ish but in the time it takes to sleep he's down in the 600-700's. So they seem to fall harder than most. zzBossk lead, zBoba, zGreedo, Dengar, 88.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I personally think the Boba TD team is better in TW if your team is fast enough and modded for potency. I don't think Ive ever seen a Bossk zeta team win more than 3 or 4.

BH get an obscene TW bonus, so I am not talking about arena.

v13q4va96eow.png

Also Bossk works fine at 3*. Embo will still do a lot of damage at 3* but will need his anti-crit zeta because he is paper thin.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Keep in mind in tw people will burn lower level squads to pick away at a team so with out seeing the teams they used it really can’t be counted but everyone has good points. As with all teams theirs good and bad.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Keep in mind in tw people will burn lower level squads to pick away at a team so with out seeing the teams they used it really can’t be counted but everyone has good points. As with all teams theirs good and bad.

Yes, but that is the whole point of TW. Burn the other teams squads. If they waste more than one squad on one of yours you are ahead. Its one more weak squad they can't spend to take out another teams leader or keystone character. Teams that can eat multiple low level squads are valuable. Phoenix is a perfect example. They are not a super strong team but you usually can't throw a trash team at them either because they have good synergy.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    But a lot of people end up with squads less than 5 and will try and use those so those aren’t necessarily true defense just burning what you have left over.