Clones

HeroBoltsy
30 posts Member
edited September 2018
Does anybody think a Clones rework is coming?

Right now, since pretty much every clone but Rex isn't that good/is bad, I'd really like to see a rework that makes them good. Feel free to put out some ideas for possible additions to the Clones faction or suggest reworks to existing characters. Hopefully someone at CG will see this post and decide it's a good idea! (Probably not...)

Anyways, I'm going to list some of my ideas for reworks of existing clones...Here's the first one, more to come!
(Added text will be in bold)
CT-5555 "Fives"

Basic: Dual DC-17 Blasters

Final Text (Omega): Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. Attack again if the enemy is inflicted with Speed Down.

(Note: I don't think that Speed Down is that powerful of a debuff that making this change would be game-breaking, and it would help with more reliability, especially when it comes to his Unique, more on that later)

Special: Combined Fire

Final Text (Omega): Deal Physical damage to target enemy, and call a target enemy to assist. If the Assisting ally is a Clone, both attackers deal 75% more damage; if not, then the Assisting ally gains 50% Turn Meter.

(Note: Takes away some of the randomness to this ability, and gives some meaning to non-Clone attackers being selected.)

Leader: Veteran Clone Trooper

Final Text (Omega): All units gain +75% Max Protection, and 17.5% Counter Chance for every Clone ally. All units recover 10% protection when they use a Special ability, doubled for Clone allies.

(Right now, Fives' Leader ability isn't the best, so I've completely reworked it here. I think that this would make the Clones much tankier than his current leader makes them, as well as encouraging the use of more Clones in the squad.)

Unique: Not Just Another Number

Final Text (Zeta): Fives has 85% Counter Chance and 50% Counter Damage. Whenever he counter-attacks, he has a 30% chance, for every Clone ally, to call an assist (Max. 1). These assists deal 50% more damage and have +75% Potency. If an assist is called, Fives gains Taunt for 2 turns.

(I think that this change would present something different, as opposed to his current unique. Whereas 15% Turn Meter gain when a Clone ally takes damage isn't that bad, I wanted to represent his brotherhood with his fellow Clones better, as well as how Clones rely on one another to reach their full potential.)

What do you think? Should Clones get a rework/new units? And what would you like those reworks/units to look like?
Post edited by HeroBoltsy on

Replies

• HeroBoltsy wrote: »

kEkapzC.jpg

They haven't announced anything, so any answer would be pure speculation.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »

kEkapzC.jpg

They haven't announced anything, so any answer would be pure speculation.

I see...Perhaps a better question would be, Would anybody like a Clones rework?

• A lot of people would like a clones rework. Particularly those who have already invested in clones, and who would immediately benefit from their suddenly becoming more powerful, at no extra cost to them. And the "clone helmets matter" folks have been at it for literally years. Though that's purely visual.

That said, a full faction pass at them seems less likely than introducing a new unit or two who elevates the existing characters, with a rework to maybe one or two of the existing clones.
    Still not a he.
  • Sarge and echo are good as is but don't have the faction to support them
  • i feel like the assist damage reduction that they have should be reduced, that and increase their overall damage, for the most part, the clones are hitting like wet noodles. and Fives needs a taunt.
  • Here's another rework idea for an existing clone...

CC-2224 "Cody"

Basic: Alpha Strike
    Final Text (Omega): Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 20% Turn Meter. Gain an additional 20% Turn Meter if that enemy has more than 50% health, and an additional 20% Turn Meter if that enemy has less than 50% Turn Meter. All Clone allies gain 50% of the turn meter gained.

(A little extra Clone synergy: Cody's a commander and thus should speed up his men accordingly.)

Special: AT-TE Mass-Driver Cannon (Cooldown: 4)
    Final Text (Omega): Deal Special damage to all enemies, and 40% more damage to the target enemy. If this attack scores at least 2 Critical Hits, Stun each enemy Critically hit for 1 turn.

(Right now this ability is kind of uniquely bad; the clones hit pretty weakly right now and there's no need to reduce their damage further. Instead, I'm giving a bonus to the target. In addition, tweaking the Stun mechanics so that it isn't all about the target enemy, and instead spreading the debuff chance over the entire enemy field.)

Special: The 212th Attack (Cooldown: 5)
    Final Text (Omega): Call all Clone allies and one random ally to assist. These assists deal 15% more damage for every Clone ally present. Each time an Assist scores a Critical Hit, grant each Clone ally 20% Turn Meter and each other ally half that amount.

(Oh boy. Right now, this ability is held back so much by the damage penalty; again, that hinders an already weak faction. So, more damage for Clones, and more Turn Meter for clones, should make this ability much more effective.)

Leader: Ghost Company Commander
    Final Text (Omega): Clone allies gain 30% Critical Chance, and other allies gain half that amount. Cody gains 40% Max health for each living Clone ally and other Clone allies gain half that amount. Clone allies recover 5% of their Max Protection and Max health when they use a Basic ability.

(I'm not a huge fan of defense as a stat to be increased in general, so I've changed this to Max Health. In addition, a little health recovery shouldn't hurt.)
  • Here's a new idea for a new unit...

CC-1010 "Fox"

Basic: DC-15 Blaster Rifle

Final Text: (Omega) Deal physical damage to target enemy and grant all Clone allies 10% Turn meter and all other allies half that amount. This turn meter gain is doubled if the target enemy is a Separatist or Droid.

Special: Shoot to Kill (Cooldown 4)

Final Text (Omega): Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down, Offense Down, Defense Down and Health Down for three turns, and remove 50% Turn Meter. This attack has 25% more Potency (Stacking) for every clone ally. Fox then gains Speed Up, Offense Up, Defense Up, and Health Up for two turns.

Leader: Commander of the Coruscant Guard
    Final Text (Zeta): At the start of an encounter, Fox gains 50% Turn Meter and other clone allies gain half that amount. In addition, they gain +20% Offense for every Clone ally or Jedi ally. Based on their role, each Clone ally gains two buffs:
    Tank: Taunt and Tenacity Up for 2 turns
    Attacker: Critical Chance Up and Offense Up for 2 turns
    Support: Speed Up and Defense Up for 2 Turns.
    Whenever a Clone ally is defeated, all allies gain 50% Turn Meter and regain 50% of their Protection.

Unique: Loyal To The Republic
    Final Text (Omega): Fox deals 50% more damage to Separatists, Sith, and Jedi enemies. Whenever a Clone ally takes damage, he gains 15% Turn Meter and removes 5% Turn Meter from the damaged ally. Whenever a Separatist, Sith, or Jedi enemy is defeated, Fox gains 80% Turn Meter, and his next attack deals 25% more damage.
  • I like these a lot as well. I'd still argue that Fives, with his large health pool compared to the rest of the clones, should get a taunt. Perhaps he'd gain Tenacity Up and Taunt?
    ANd as a note, I made these kits under the basic assumption that their offense stats would be boosted.