BB8 - alternative team (while not able to unlock JTR)

Noob here.

Running FO primarily and recently unlocked BB8 - 5*

Hoping to fix up a good light side team alongside BB8; What can you guys recommend?

Thank you!!

**If not advisable, I do plan on pushing for phoenix if ever.**

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well you can run ackbar bb8 cls in many areas of the game if you have it. Bb8 always uses his special to make illuminated destiny come closer which activates ackbar leadership.

The fourth and fifth should not be rebels unless you want to run raid han.

Can do ls battles and is hell on wheels in raids.
  • winky
    24 posts Member
    This is my exact question too.

New player (lvl 79), basically my only strong squad is First Order, and I just unlocked BB8 7*.

I can't even farm the vets yet! And I've barely started on my Light Side table 8 since all my farming went to FO and my Light Side characters are still weak.

- BB8 looks like he has synergy with droids?
    - I like the idea of putting him in an Ackbar squad. I've got Ackbar, STHan, and Wedge started and Biggs already at 7*. Worth giving something like that a try?
    - Is a resistance team with BB8 and no JTR any good for my level? Ive got Rey, Poe and Finn started too.
  • Ackbar(l), zCLS(IBAT), zVentress, Thrawn and BB8 can do from 20% left phase 2 of HAAT through all of 3 and 4 apparently.....several videos online showing teams doing 25-33million damage.
  • zFinn,Poe,RT,BB8 and RP can solo Phase 4 HAAT —> Finn’s Zeta is the key. One of the best leadership Zetas if you don’t have JTR.
  • Ackbar(l), zCLS(IBAT), zVentress, Thrawn and BB8 can do from 20% left phase 2 of HAAT through all of 3 and 4 apparently.....several videos online showing teams doing 25-33million damage.

Anyone to easily swap for Zentress? I haven't worked on her at all (though I will soon). She's 6* lvl37 g1. I also don't have Wampa, as I understand it does massive damage.
  • I swap Ezra (G12) for Zentress, and it works very well. I know it's advisable to have the fifth be a non-Rebel, but Ezra has good damage and also double-taps, so it works pretty well. And he has an assist-call ability, which activates Ackbar's lead.

That said, I haven't focused in too much on making them work in HAAT yet. I do post some damage with them but I really am not even trying. I'm just letting the guild take me along for the ride. :p

This crew is my HPit Auto Solo team though. Works every time.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • As I understand it, the little fella isn't a huge amount of use without JTR.

Willing to be proved wrong though, as ever.

Indeed you are wrong, bb8 is a MUST for any full droid team, you get 40% TM Boost at the start of the duel. It can taunt and heal it's droid allies as well.

Great in Haat with the ackbar team, Great with Droids, Great with resistance (even without JTR), there are also some STR team combinations without JTR.

He is quite versatile with a lot of teams, but yes, he does shine with JTR.
  • I'd just build a res team. Have Finn, Rey, who are all easy farms, BB8, R2 and Poe. Or the Res trooper. I don't have him. But I have Finn and Rey and they are good. I think Finn is even good without his zeta.
  • I swap Ezra (G12) for Zentress, and it works very well. I know it's advisable to have the fifth be a non-Rebel, but Ezra has good damage and also double-taps, so it works pretty well. And he has an assist-call ability, which activates Ackbar's lead.

That said, I haven't focused in too much on making them work in HAAT yet. I do post some damage with them but I really am not even trying. I'm just letting the guild take me along for the ride. :p

Ezra's assist activates Ackbar's lead? Are you saying Ezra calls someone to assist, and another rebel assists as well? That's very interesting if true.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    I swap Ezra (G12) for Zentress, and it works very well. I know it's advisable to have the fifth be a non-Rebel, but Ezra has good damage and also double-taps, so it works pretty well. And he has an assist-call ability, which activates Ackbar's lead.

Ezra's assist activates Ackbar's lead? Are you saying Ezra calls someone to assist, and another rebel assists as well? That's very interesting if true.

Just quickly tested it and yes, ezras assist call activates ackbar lead
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    I swap Ezra (G12) for Zentress, and it works very well. I know it's advisable to have the fifth be a non-Rebel, but Ezra has good damage and also double-taps, so it works pretty well. And he has an assist-call ability, which activates Ackbar's lead.

Yes, this, so in a best case scenario, CLS double taps and Ezra double taps, resulting in four decent-damage attacks. It's quite fun.

Sometimes, though, it's CLS once, Ackbar once, and Ezra twice. Not as good, but still shows that Ackbar's lead is going off.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Great in Haat with the ackbar team, Great with Droids, Great with resistance (even without JTR), there are also some STR team combinations without JTR.

He is quite versatile with a lot of teams, but yes, he does shine with JTR.

Interesting, thank you.

Indeed you are wrong, bb8 is a MUST for any full droid team, you get 40% TM Boost at the start of the duel. It can taunt and heal it's droid allies as well.

I meant good/worthwhile teams.