Cargo event - final tier gives worse rewards than previous?

Why are there no ship shards in the last tier, like every other tier of the event?
5 shards of Landos falcon would be more important to me than that additional 1-3 omegas.

Replies

• Then don’t play it and play tier three,

The omegas and reinforce mats are a nice bonus, that’s worth playing tier four for most folks I suspect
  • Keep in mind the blueprints are a gamble. You've only got a (supposedly) 20% chance to land Lando's Falcon.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Keep in mind the blueprints are a gamble. You've only got a (supposedly) 20% chance to land Lando's Falcon.

True. Although the others give shars shop currency at least.

So you either:
    Do tier 3 which gives a valuablr ship parts or shard shop currency
    OR
    Do tier 4 which gives 1-3 extra omegas and 5 reinforce mats.

I still think tier3 is a better deal, but even if theyre the same.. Do they really need to be the same? Cant we just get clearly better rewards for a higher tier?
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Regardless! Which tier are you guys doing?

Should I do 3 or 4?
  • We are getting clearly,better rewards for tier four, If you can’t see that, that’s your issue. Free easy to get ship omegas and reinforce mats, .. . .. much better then a couple prints.
  • 20% chance at 5 lando **** shards is about the equivalent of 50 ship energy. 50 ship energy gets you an average of .25 omega. So yeah, tier 4 is clearly better.

QED
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Edited for clarity: Some folks were able to play this through twice (2 battles per) for a total of 4 battles, but mine is saying "Complete" after the first set of two. Apparently, there was some sort of daily reset that they got their first battles in before (whereas I wasn't playing yet at that time).

I hope the rest of us get our second play through in before the event goes away, to keep this whole thing fair. Those extra Ship Omegas and Reinforcement Abilities are important!
    Post edited by Val_Galahadred on
  • Some folks were able to play this through 4 times (2 battles per), but mine is saying "Complete" after the first set of two. Dang, yet another bug/glitch.

i was halfway through when it happened, so i only got 3 battles in the end :'(
  • The last tier is bugged. It says it requires 5 cargo ships, but you can enter even if you only have 3.
  • How do you unlock the last tier? Mine says “keep playing to unlock” and that’s it. Do you have to waste a win on tier 3 first?
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    How do you unlock the last tier? Mine says “keep playing to unlock” and that’s it. Do you have to waste a win on tier 3 first?

Beat Tough to unlock Deadly.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Edited for clarity: Some folks were able to play this through twice (2 battles per) for a total of 4 battles, but mine is saying "Complete" after the first set of two. Apparently, there was some sort of daily reset that they got their first battles in before (whereas I wasn't playing yet at that time).

I hope the rest of us get our second play through in before the event goes away, to keep this whole thing fair. Those extra Ship Omegas and Reinforcement Abilities are important!

Probably not a bug but a refresh. For me, the event started at 9 with two attempts and refreshed at 13 with another two, so if you played after it, you probably missed it. They definitely should have communicated this better to avoid situations like this.
  • Exactly why I chose the g10 level for my second try. At least we have the choice to go for the rewards that suit us best.
  • ctyc123 wrote: »
    Regardless! Which tier are you guys doing?

Should I do 3 or 4?

I can only do the first 2 so far.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Umm...

(1-3 Ship Omegas)+(5 Prestige)+(5 Reinforcement Material)+(50K) > 5 Ship Shards(95 Shard Store Tokens)
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I did one T3 and one T4. I felt the rewards were balanced between the two. If you want an extra chance at Lando's Falcon, you can do a T3, but if you are needing reinforcement abilities and such then you can do a T4.

For newer players, this event is a great choice since it is an additional source of shards for Phantom and Ghost for the Chimera events. For older players, it is a great source of Prestige, Ship Omegas, and Reinforcement materials for late game content. Overall, this is a great addition to the game.
  • Edited for clarity: Some folks were able to play this through twice (2 battles per) for a total of 4 battles, but mine is saying "Complete" after the first set of two. Apparently, there was some sort of daily reset that they got their first battles in before (whereas I wasn't playing yet at that time).

@CG_SBCrumb it would be nice to hear from a dev here.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »

It's been addressed. I wouldn't expect any kind of compensation.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179714/known-issues-8-23-2018#latest
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179714/known-issues-8-23-2018#latest

That addresses nothing. That just says that they know that some players were given "double" rewards.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

That addresses nothing. That just says that they know that some players were given "double" rewards.

It addresses that you're out of luck if you missed it.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Ship Omegas, Cap Ship Prestige, and Reinforcement mats are more valuable than ship shards / shard shop currency. Those ships are farmable elsewhere and shard shop currency can be obtained from almost any part of the game.

It's the same concept with the GET store - prioritize your limited options: Hoda and Wampa, *nearly* exclusive from GET (save achievements and Galactic Bounties. Correct me if there's another source.)

Prestige tokens just from Arena Store and the Fleet challenge. Ship omegas and Reinforcement mats are rare to come by just through battle nodes (farming). This makes it a primary source of income for these rarer materials. The lower tiers were also strongly described as a means of helping smaller players grow and getting their ships to a viable point of needing those better materials, where shards don't look as appealing anymore anyways.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Enribellkenobi
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Mmmm
  • I think right now tier that gives ship shards is important depending on where your inventory is right now. I need Lando shards like most people so for a while I see myself doing tier 3. At some point a few extra omega/reinforcement mats would go a longer way than some shard currency. Agree final tier bonus should be better but understand why no ship shards included to be honest.