Opinions on best full Empire squad

Iamme
15 posts Member
Hi everyone, I am working on my Empire squad and was just wondering what the best composition is.

Right now I have G12 zzEP lead, G11 Vader, G10 Thrawn, G9 Tarkin, and G9 RG.

I using them for arena and I'm around rank 360 typically. Any suggestions on better characters to use. I've been slowly farming Shoretrooper, but not unlocked yet (cause it takes forever haha). Thanks

Replies

• Remove Tarkin and RG and replace with sion and nihilus and you have a team that can hit top 50. If you have to stick with only empire, krennic and dt is who I would use.
  • Iamme wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am working on my Empire squad and was just wondering what the best composition is.

Right now I have G12 zzEP lead, G11 Vader, G10 Thrawn, G9 Tarkin, and G9 RG.

I using them for arena and I'm around rank 360 typically. Any suggestions on better characters to use. I've been slowly farming Shoretrooper, but not unlocked yet (cause it takes forever haha). Thanks

Storm would be a better tank for you to use than RG until you can get DT or Shore in there. He's arguably even better than Shore. Your first 4 are fine as is (besides gear).
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I’d drop RG for TFP. Keep the rest, and just load em’ up with lots of speed. Especially TFP. I’ve seen that very team with a near 300 speed TFP decimate some of these powerful Nightmare squads. Doesn’t hold as well, but offense is typically easier anyway.

Otherwise as someone previously said; drop Tarkin and RG for Sion and Nihilus, hence transitioning into Nightmare. Can’t go wrong with those two toons.

However, taking it a step further I would drop Vader for Sith Assassin, and Palpatine for Sith Trooper. Sith Assassin is quite overlooked, and extremely lethal. If you ever transition into Traya squad, you will be glad that you invested in her. Sith Trooper (dual tank) doesn’t require any justification, he’s that good.

Thus leaving Palp, Tarkin, RG, Vader, TFP, etc as a secondary TW squad (Empire) a long way down the road.
  • Sass is really good but she doesn't shine unless she is under a Zaul lead. Plus farming sass would mean not farming DT or SiT who are both more valuable right now.

TFP could work though. He's really squishy but if you get him fast enough that team could tear stuff up.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ive seen your exact team with TFP in place of RG. It can get top 100 on my 1.5 year old shard. I dont always win to it on offense.

Also just before Sion came out we had a consistent top 10 guy with a g12 RG. So he can do some work still.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    You can keep using Tarkin, especially with his potency making him able to hurt Bastila teams. Sion and/or DN are better in general, despite not having the double whammy of debuffs and TMR.

I'd drop RG asap. Storm, Shore, SiT, Sion are all better units. Zaalbar would probably get you better results too. Something to take note of is that the more non-Empire Sith on the team, the less tough Storm is (but consider Defense's dimishing returns... how much are you really losing out on?)

Sass isn't bad, but kinda has a slow start under Palp (can't get the full cloak bonus first turn while everyone is throwing debuffs and damage) and farming her would take from other valuable farms. If you plan to stick with Palp, I'd throw her on a wish list.

In summary-
    Drop RG
    Maybe Tarkin
    for Sion, SiT, Shore, DN,
    (other plugs like CLS, Solo, Wampa, Nest, GK but above is preferable)

you won't regret farming Shore, good toon and ship not half bad either (assuming you have Death)
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    Cool thanks everyone. I will continue to work on Shore and Sion until they are 7* and switch them in.
  • Yes, get rid of RG.
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I do like RG's stun, it definitely has helped to win some battles, but it looks like shore is better overall.

Sion is better than Tarkin but again the debuff then TMR has been helpful, especially with Vader's culling blade right after
  • Iamme wrote: »
    I do like RG's stun, it definitely has helped to win some battles...

Early stages he's great- does the job.

But...every dog has it's day.

• Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Sass is really good but she doesn't shine unless she is under a Zaul lead. Plus farming sass would mean not farming DT or SiT who are both more valuable right now.

TFP could work though. He's really squishy but if you get him fast enough that team could tear stuff up.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ft khaos/

This individual says differently. Assassin is ridiculously underrated. I can only imagine his/her shard is intense, just like anyone else’.

Track their rank. They didn’t even run Traya lead until earlier this month. Was running her even in Palp lead before that, though it isn’t tracked that far back.

Now, I’m not challenging that this - is or isn’t - good advice for this particular individual who is asking for it. Merely supporting that Assassin is more than she seems is all.
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    What about Dooku, he seems to get love from anyone but his stuns and counter seem like they would be pretty helpful.
  • He’s just not main squad material. He’s like, secondary Sith squad material for purpose of TW.

Sorry. :(