Trying to build a heroic rancor squad....any suggestions?

Hey guys, i was think of building a rancor squad (i would get them to 7* gears 8-9 ) and I was wondering if you could help me build one. I was thinking teebo, bistan, rex, phasma, grand moff tarkin. Thoughts or improvements? P.S. i am free to play and can zeta soon but not consistently e.g. once a month.

Replies

• I solo with a first order squad..... Why not build one so you have something useful elsewhere in the game?

085bt8fqwmok.jpg
  • how does it work? thanks for the reply btw
  • that squad is also very good for defense in TW
  • Biggs lead, Wedge, CLS, Thrawn, and Raid Han. Need zetas on Raid Han, CLS, and Thrawn. You can auto with that team.
  • ah cool ty (btw im assuming you mean wedge lead cos no biggs leadership)
  • Haha yeas. Wedge lead
  • Fo works because they are a TM removal team..... FOO removed TM with his special, FOE removes TM with his, phasma applies speed down with her AOE

They also manipulate their own TM, phasma gives TM with her special and Kylo gives TM with his AOE..... Add the 30 speed from zkru lead and the rancor barely gets a turn..... That team can solo in ten minutes....
  • My team solos in 5
  • BMoney wrote: »
    My team solos in 5

Ya, but OP can barely zeta, and is free to play..... Your team requires three Zetas, a legendary toon, a heroes journey toon and a raid reward toon..... My team requires 5 easily farmable toons and one zeta.....

My team gets you bb8, is great on TW defense, gets bonuses in dark side TB, qualifies you for an assault battle event and can solo rancor..... Holds well in arena too.....

Your team can solo rancor...
  • tbh i dont care about time as long as i can can a really high amount of damage or full raid complete on heroic, as my standard team cant really get in the top 10 which is what i want to get the 7 shards. again ty for your responses
  • FO is probably easiest but you're a long way from it, and can do really great damage in a really short period of time.

Another option, but a long solo (like 30-40 minutes):
    zVader, Tarkin, Palp, TFP and one other TM remover (ideally Jyn who you don't have, or Teebo, or Bistan) but you'll need pretty high speed and great critical chance on TFP. You're pretty close to this team and just need a Zeta on Vader's lead.
  • yh this would work fine but i need to work on my vader shards
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    FO is probably easiest but you're a long way from it, and can do really great damage in a really short period of time.

Another option, but a long solo (like 30-40 minutes):
    zVader, Tarkin, Palp, TFP and one other TM remover (ideally Jyn who you don't have, or Teebo, or Bistan) but you'll need pretty high speed and great critical chance on TFP. You're pretty close to this team and just need a Zeta on Vader's lead.

So how much will be lose in the meantime from other areas?....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    @Hotdeaths,

Your best bet with your current roster would be:

Teebo lead, Phasma and TFP as the core.
    Then add your two best TM removers (currently QGJ and soon Rex — GS until you get Rex).

The core has great synergy:
    Phasma opens with VM to give advantage, which ensures a crit and tenacity down from TFP. Next turn Phasma applies speed down. After that save Phasmas VM for when Teebo needs the extra turn meter to move ahead of the Rancor or when Teebo is not stealthed.

Mod TFP for crit chance.
    Mod Teebo for speed and Potency (just in case).
    Mod Phasma for potency.

TFP and Phasma should be slow. Teebo, QGJ and your third TM remover should be as fast as possible.

It's slow. It's oldschool. It can't auto. But it's your best bet for your first solo.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Ah k that sounds good but maybe bistan instead of rex and then replace qgj with rex when i get him? Again thanks for the team i will start gearing the suggested toons now ☺
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Oh, yes, bistan works as well. Any reliable turn meter remover.
  • k tyvm
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    With one zeta I run Vader lead(zeta), tie pilot, Tarkin, Sidious, and thrawn. All G9 and I solo. Easy to play and easy to farm. Cheap to hear since it’s only g9 and only 1 zeta but it takes awhile to play and doesn’t sim (maybe with a higher gear level?).

Once you beat it a few times you kinda lose interest and just auto play will get you 4-7m depending on RNG and that’s good enough for top 10 which is still great rewards
  • You probably need FOO for BB8 at some point - you could also look at something like Vader (L) / GMT / TFP / FOO and one of Rex / QGJ / Teebo as the last. Keep in mind that your results will vary at the level of those toons since character level plays some role in the potency vs. tenacity check.