Content Update 8/23/2018 - First Round of Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Just a quick question... I know it won't get a satisfying answer, but, hey

I was just finishing my 3rd Jawa in order to have access to crit dam mods... so, it was money/crystals/credits/mods/tech/time down the drain in order for you to give a hand to the lower lvl players? I could've concentrated on other important areas, like bug growing for fleet arena or geting my arena team upt to g12. This is not an honest way of making business. you should've warned us b4 so we'd know not to invest in something worthless just so that u could make money!

I was just finishing my 3rd Jawa in order to have access to crit dam mods... so, it was money/crystals/credits/mods/tech/time down the drain in order for you to give a hand to the lower lvl players? I could've concentrated on other important areas, like bug growing for fleet arena or geting my arena team upt to g12. This is not an honest way of making business. you should've warned us b4 so we'd know not to invest in something worthless just so that u could make money!

Crumb put out the ‘very brief overview of upcoming mod changes’ post 3 weeks ago which said that the requirements would be removed. So they did let us know before it happened.
  • AIWA wrote: »
    Why was not saving and loading of mods enabled first?

This might help satiate the anger people are feeling right now.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Anrath wrote: »
    You told us that we would see the secondaries before investing in a mod?!?!?!

^^ That is true, they did.
    @CG_SBCrumb

They should at least show us what the NEXT stat role will be (grayed out to denote not active) in the secondary list so we can save a few more Credits AND, more importantly, know if going to Level 12 will give us a roll on that "STAT" we want... like speed or offense say.

Pretty sure mod secondaries are all RNG. Not sure there would be any way to preview that.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @CG_SBCrumb Perhaps have a gold outline, bold numbers, or something visual to better indicate Level 15 mods? I find myself double-checking a lot now to make sure I have Level 15 mods on people, with the color change.
  • I got 0 - none - reinforcement abilities from that node 8 back a ways.

I've gotten 3 mod pieces for 15 sims this time - so pulling 20%. I could be lucky, but as of now it seems okay.

However, I'm really really worried about so many different pieces... inevitably we're going to end up with way more of one then the other... oh, now, wait ;;incoming;;

CG: Heya Holotable hero, we'll be selling rando packs to help!

Which of course won't solve a thing. And, also, of course, that was a joke... as if they'd ever respond to anything, LOL.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

Crumb put out the ‘very brief overview of upcoming mod changes’ post 3 weeks ago which said that the requirements would be removed. So they did let us know before it happened.

That was edited...I have red the original posting, but not the edited one. My bad cause i didn't think to check if they modified the change :))

That was edited...I have red the original posting, but not the edited one. My bad cause i didn't think to check if they modified the change :))

Which is a dishonest tactic I HIGHLY disapprove of :confused:
  • How about some other ways to earn currency to go along with the mods update. Its going to cost too upgrade. The credits event RNG is awful with only getting about 5 million credits every so often event makes it hard to do much especially with the new characters coming out.
  • If the drop rates are doubled and you get 0 then let’s try 4x the drop rate!! That would be a good patch
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    lame droprates... seems it´ll be needed 100k energy to get enough material to slice ( who set this term???) for one mod...

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    If the drop rates are doubled and you get 0 then let’s try 4x the drop rate!! That would be a good patch

4x0 =0
  • Does anyone know when the mod salvage pieces will be included in the hard nodes? It looks like everyone on this post has seen at least available to drop, but they're not showing up as available to drop for me (iOS).
  • such games should be one constant (like enhancement in Lineage 2 etc), the mechanics of which do not change during all updates . if it is affected, the game dies

I'm 3.4m gp and I love this game, but it's spitting in the face ... for two years we've been farming mods, now this .. we asked you to make a mod management...not 6* mods and gear for mods...

this is a terrible change, I will certainly wait for it to analyze it. but what I see now, this not for me. I will make a decision after the full update is released
  • Only 1 out of 19 hard node battles for me has produced mod salvage
  • Spookyelse wrote: »
    There is no bonus loot from hard nodes from me, is there any requirement of something?

az1mixds7jwd.jpg

Would like to know if anyone under level 85 is able to see/receive the bonus slicing drops. I have a 76 and a 68 account, my son has a 78 account. We aren't even seeing that it's possible to get the slicing mats much less having any of them drop.
  • I really do appreciate that there will be a way to move mods from 1 toon to another & be able to save set list for different events. Also that the price to upgrade has been lowered. That being said, I know that you guys want to make the element of speed on mods less of a factor, but this should have been addressed long ago. Now pumping out mods with mass protection & larger quantities of offense is not helpful at all. Who wants to wait & hope they can weather out the storm & engage a long tedious battle?(assuming that with low speed levels the battle lasts) I didn't need to further upgrade my mods & I dont care to for that matter. Reverting the colors back to original state is nothing more than confusing as lvl 1-15 upgrades are all the same color & if you have any amount of mods in your cache the quickly become lost. Maybe you could put a border on them that indicates the level of upgrade? Also Jamming 7 extra pieces of gear in an already heavy rng dependent system with the hard nodes & mod slicing gear was not thought out at all. You guys have ruined my farming for the time being. For future thought, maybe take the unnecessary gear out & replace instead of cramming more in & lessening the odds of obtaining the gear/shards that the node is meant for. E.g. training droids, XP, Sim tickets, g1 gear. Those are just a few items that could've been replaced until the permanent upgrade came....BTW the same goes for double drops. Anyway, I hope that wasn't too harsh as I know that you guys work hard to keep content fun for all. Thank you
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    I really do appreciate that there will be a way to move mods from 1 toon to another & be able to save set list for different events. Also that the price to upgrade has been lowered. That being said, I know that you guys want to make the element of speed on mods less of a factor, but this should have been addressed long ago. Now pumping out mods with mass protection & larger quantities of offense is not helpful at all. Who wants to wait & hope they can weather out the storm & engage a long tedious battle?(assuming that with low speed levels the battle lasts) I didn't need to further upgrade my mods & I dont care to for that matter. Reverting the colors back to original state is nothing more than confusing as lvl 1-15 upgrades are all the same color & if you have any amount of mods in your cache the quickly become lost. Maybe you could put a border on them that indicates the level of upgrade? Also Jamming 7 extra pieces of gear in an already heavy rng dependent system with the hard nodes & mod slicing gear was not thought out at all. You guys have ruined my farming for the time being. For future thought, maybe take the unnecessary gear out & replace instead of cramming more in & lessening the odds of obtaining the gear/shards that the node is meant for. E.g. training droids, XP, Sim tickets, g1 gear. Those are just a few items that could've been replaced until the permanent upgrade came....BTW the same goes for double drops. Anyway, I hope that wasn't too harsh as I know that you guys work hard to keep content fun for all. Thank you

I have one question ,You 1m gp?
  • grady1346 wrote: »
    How many are we going to need to do any slicing? Theres a lot more types than I was expecting.

Looks like it might be a particular type for each mod sey
  • TRanger wrote: »
    I have a few concerns..now that our mods have reverted to thier original color..and now leveling them up only cost @ 250k(ish) credits....are we going to be compensated for spending nearly 670k(ish) credits prior to this new change. I recalling speending 4 million plus credits per character to get a prestigious mod and at level 15 in all 6 slots. Not counting the crystals to buy the mod packs and the cash to buy the crystals. And using the crystals to buy credits. Now I'm left feeling a little cheated and my precious mods looking pathetic..and now needing invest more time to bring them back to that prestigious state. Comments are welcome but I need a mod to answer, thanks!

No.
  • grady1346 wrote: »
    How many are we going to need to do any slicing? Theres a lot more types than I was expecting.

Looks like it might be a particular type for each mod sey

Nope you need four different types per slice, possibly five , based on the pic the d3vs put up re slicing , and ten to twenty pieces of each type
  • Clarsen2607
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I hate my best characters I've spent loads of time and sometimes money on have a Skittles rainbow of colored mods...It's doesn't work, its ugly, distracting and confusing...as I scroll through I have to look at each mod, waaaaaay too time consuming, plus they are not tiered from the gray level 1s (still can't filter by level) and up. Horrible horrible changes and roll out. I guess its "taste the rainbow, b**chez"
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    The Set Bonuses are bugged and we are pulling this part of the update for tonight. We will working on getting this hotfixed as soon as possible.

I can't even SIM it it not even showing up on my thing
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Overall I like it, but now that I see it live I wish the mod level (1-15, that is) was a little more prominent and easier to notice. Before, if a mod was anything other than gold you knew it could be improved. Now you can’t rely on the color.

Just a thought for a low-priority future quality of life change, thanksz
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    The Set Bonuses are bugged and we are pulling this part of the update for tonight. We will working on getting this hotfixed as soon as possible.

I can't even SIM it it not even showing up on my thing

@Ryanwhales the bonus drops are only showing for level 80+. I think it's because you need to be level 80 to use the slicing materials.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I for one think the color change was awesome.
  • Having trouble understanding something about the color change. I get it with new mods. But with ones we already have, does that affect how much it will cost to get to a 6 dot mod? For example, I've maxed out most my mods with most my characters. But if I have a 5 dot Level 15 gray, is that going to cost more to go to a six dot than a 5 dot Level 15 gold?

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Having trouble understanding something about the color change. I get it with new mods. But with ones we already have, does that affect how much it will cost to get to a 6 dot mod? For example, I've maxed out most my mods with most my characters. But if I have a 5 dot Level 15 gray, is that going to cost more to go to a six dot than a 5 dot Level 15 gold?

Yes it will cost more to upgrade. Going from grey to green to blue to purple to gold then to 6a.
  • gotcha, thanks
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    1 mod salvage drop in 3 different 5x hard nodes. Yeah your "bonus" drop rate is bogus if this is the "bonus" then most of us outside the whales will not be slicing to many mods. This is exactly why I have cut spending on this game. It's just getting more ridiculous by the hour.

Honestly though I don't blame you CG. I know you can't jump until EA says how high. How many great franchises does EA have to ruin in their quest for money. I mean they get voted the most hated gaming company multiple times. The CEO says it was actually a shock when they got the first one. I don't even think they have the most hated gaming company award anymore because EA was given it pretty much every year since it's inception.

Yet nothing changes they just keep the buying and monetization going and running them into the ground. Don't you worry though once they kill this game completely and suck out every bit of money they can they will just bury it and come out with a sequel and start the whole mess again.

EA knows exactly how addicting these games are. They have done the internal studies. They literally don't care about the player outside of the $ that possible player can generate. CG makes peanuts compared to what EA and by extension Disney and Lucas does. So the blame lies with EA for preying on a player's addictions and the player for buying.
    Post edited by Warp3dM1nd on