New mod slice dropping rates

Prev1345678
Kameleonic
241 posts Member
edited August 2018
I just spent 400 energy, did x5 sims on four different 'bonus' drop points: got zero drops.

Is it working?! This is the bonus time so... What is this?
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• End of the afternoon here mate, not same times for all players when the game is worldwide.
    I agree with the whole unannounced update, but not the timing issues.
  • It is a timing issue when it comes out 2 hours after a refresh. That means that any players who completed their hard nodes lost a day of the event.
  • Just got the game update for Mod slice components and emtiednenergy into hard battles for bonus drops..
    not a single piece came my way.

has the update actually worked?
  • And its 4pm in the arvo here. 16 hours into the day... How can they accommodate everyone?
  • Give 24 hours warning. That’s how.
  • Pactolus
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's not the time it dropped.... It's the timing. Its a 6 day event but the timer is already counted down in a way that by playing at my refresh time, I lost a day of the bonuses. Shouldn't the timer reflect the full 6 days from the actual launch time?

@CG_SBCrumb
  • Alright, now I see. My mistake.
    Yepp, they deffs screwed the pooch there. Im missing out on 16 hours of the drops...
    And the mod sets didn't update either...
  • They are not garunteed, they are dropping, just slowly.
  • Y'all hiring?
  • Its similar (not exactly) to the contraband event thing they just dropped on us. Haha.
  • happy_guy193
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Deleted. This was poor execution at it's finest.
  • Please post the result you get so the community get a chance to see the drop rate thanks!!!
  • Pactolus wrote: »
    It is a timing issue when it comes out 2 hours after a refresh. That means that any players who completed their hard nodes lost a day of the event.

In GMT it was 6.5 hours after refresh. Of course US player is mostly ok. Total imbalance

US here. I missed out as well. The drop rate is crap so I'm not overly concerned about it.
  • 29 sims; 2 salvage drops... hooray..
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Same as Fleet Reinforcement materials, seems like. Whatever. I don't think it will put anyone behind the curve that doesn't whale out on energy refreshes just for this stuff. I suspect that it'll all be common materials by the time it's formally released.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Same as Fleet Reinforcement materials, seems like. Whatever. I don't think it will put anyone behind the curve that doesn't whale out on energy refreshes just for this stuff. I suspect that it'll all be common materials by the time it's formally released.

While I hope you are right regarding availability, I suspect you are going to be dead wrong
  • I have done 3 energy refreshes and dropped 11mod salvage pieces seems to be working fine. I have 6 of one type though so some may be rarer than others
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Do you believe it will be more or less accessible than reinforcement materials are currently? I'm considering that resource's rate of being acquired as "common" now. Ship omega abilities were practically unheard-of in that phase of newly released content. I don't think we're seeing anything different here. CG/EA is obviously satisfied with how things went after Ships 2.0 and their methods of releasing stuff that way - otherwise we wouldn't be seeing something so similar with mod mats.

EDIT: Just for kicks, compare it to pre-ship-supply-event and post-ship-supply-event. I'm interested in your thoughts on the matter and comparison of how viable this is going to be for anyone that doesn't bend over backwards for it immediately. Because if they're really trying to make money off of it, they'll make another supply-event specifically for mod stuff (advertising BHs after all the reworks), all feeding into their campaign message of making mods more viable for newer players.
  • I’m not 100% , I just have suspicions, and mod slicing is pretty different from ship mats, ie omegas reinforce , etc, I suspect that in order to keep things a certain way, mod slicing mats will be hard to get , and the number of each type will be fairly high and you need several types per slice. This will make six dots very rare and that is the intention with this “upgrade” imo. In a way , it’s similar to the original release , with how they gated seven dot mods behind Heroic Rancor only. ( which was a challenge at that time ;) ). They won’t flood the market with slicing mats because that will allow all of us to upgrade our mods fast and freely, I think this will carry similar weight to a zeta decision, almost.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    5 sims, 0 salvage. Cant do more, because I simmed all my hard nodes just after reset for the guild activity. But of course they add slicing salvage, because what better way to screw over Europeans?

But given that the droprate seems bad, we're probably not missing much

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • 10 sims, 0 mats
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    60 sims 11 mats so not the best drop rate.
    Post edited by EPMAN on
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    That's an interesting perspective, and I hadn't considered how things went down during mods' original introduction, or that it could go a similar way as to how Zetas were brought it. Good points!

However, I'm still closely relating this new feature to ship omegas and reinforcements mats because I see these as direct parallels.

Ship Omegas / Getting 6-dot Mods
    Reinforcement Mats / Slice-upgrading B,C,D,E Mods

I highly suspect we'll see a similar pattern in their rarity in comparison to each other, and then get a better idea of how much will be needed to "perfect" a single item (mod) compared to before (ship).
  • Lol , spend 260 energy, and 2 slicing :d same like with ri droprate
  • 20 sims: zero.