Bounty hunter event for Holdo shards

AleSahnDroh_1979
950 posts Member
edited August 2018
It is supposed to be for gear 9+.
I have Boba g12, Ig88 g11, Greedo g9, Zam and Dengar g8.
Ok, the last two are under geared but each wave starts with 8-9 enemy attacks....
STOP THIS GARBAGE PRELOADED TURN METER!!
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• I've said it for months....."Recommended, isn't."

This being a brand new event, I don't think they've gauged it to the level they should. Every time I started up the match, I'd automatically lose one BH in the opening salvo. (The opening salvo where the resistance troops attack you 2-3 volleys each.) It is just a lazy way to make something "hard" is giving the AI 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc turns before you can even make a move.
  • Average of 3 turns per your one. For 2 stages. and by toons that can inflict expose on basic.

"Moderate" challenge. Not even close.
  • it is hard but do-able. i switched to bossk lead for my team (instead of dengar) and was able to win like that.
    maybe thats all you need to do as well switch leads

bossk- gear 8
    ig-88- gear 12 zeta
    boba- gear 12
    greedo- gear 11
    dengar- gear 8
  • Bossk lead is the way to go. Makes BH a lot more durable.
  • Update: Visas tier (same presumed difficulty of Holdo) is much much easier (went close to victory and retired), Fulcrum tier (should be harder) is itself easier than Holdo tier (again, I went close to victory and retired).........
  • Affy
    64 posts Member
    The "easiness" of the levels seems appropriately geared towards the toon shards availabe:
    Fulcrum - who has been about for a while is easy
    Nest - Brand new in difficult farm location - Almost impossible
    Holdo - Doable but no-one really wants to farm her
    Visas - Challenging but passable with lucky RNG

I agree the "reccomended" is way off - Would prefer if it was actually more realistic to the reccomended criteria with the option to choose which toon shards I want on completion.
  • Update: Visas tier (same presumed difficulty of Holdo) is much much easier (went close to victory and retired), Fulcrum tier (should be harder) is itself easier than Holdo tier (again, I went close to victory and retired).........

I found Visas easy on auto
  • @Redd007

That doesn't really tell anyone anything without knowing your team.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Visas is easy on auto. Nest is downright impossible. Didn't try anything else, because don't need those shards.

Bossk 4* G8 zetad
    Boba 7* G12
    Dengar 7* G8
    Zam 7*G9
    Greedo 7* G9
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is more to say about a team then the gear level.

How are your mods? Have you thought about using a tank?

Nothing is impossible, but meeting the basic requirements and not beating it, is not uncommon. The closer you are to the recommended setup the more RNG and team synergy play into things.
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Did nest with zzBossk (L), zGreedo, zBoba, Bane and Dengar. Bossk is g11 5stars, bane is g10 the rest is g12 +3,+2 and +1.
    Strategy was to put a lot of debuffs (dengar mini mine mayhem helped a lot), while nest was stunned, to execute with boba after nest take a turn. So some times she took a turn and others only could use skills with damage, so execute had to wait.
    Got 2 executes and nest was about 30% health bar after. She started to take everyone out. Finally, died for thermal detonators.
    1 starred it in the 1st try with this comp. Just did once tho, i'll try it later again.

I tried embo lead but there is no survivability to reach last wave without problems. Tried bossk lead with ig-88 too but all his skills do damage so nest countered and wrecked everyone.

Mods were nothing special, didnt move them around: +23 speed bane, +29 speed boba, +77 greedo, +77 bossk, +36 dengar.

Edit: bane gear.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • I found today's event much easier than yesterdays. I had to settle for the Ewok yesterday but could easily defeat Visas today to get 20 shards.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol you should try that level 88 enfy!! Good times. Hitting at 70k+ . You got a long road ahead op.
  • Abbotoir
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    My squad
    7* zBossk g12
    7* fett g12
    7* greedo g9
    7* ig88 g12
    7* dengar g11

All modded decent, was able to beat enfys nest with that but relied completely on detenators going off and her wrecking my whole squad until I got lucky with a detenation and winning. Tried nest a second time and got wrecked so their is a matter of luck and who she attacks per turn. Double zeta Bossk is probably the way to go to keep taunt up and let him take the bulk of the dmg while the others try to kill her with detenators and execute.

I haven’t tried the others, probably try visas for my other 10 shards, but I imagine they are easily doable if you have a well modded squad. I ignore the recommendations, they are typically an ideal goal for you to reach to consider doing the event, not necessarily winning the event. Key word is “recommended”.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    The challenge is part of the drive in games! Keep pushing, happy hunting ;)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Holdo's tier is more random than the others because Resistance Troopers gain turn meter when someone is exposed, and their basic will expose. So if one of the two pilots lands their special and exposes you, there's a chance of an expose chain forming for multiple attacks. On the plus side, the AI is really dumb and won't often target characters with expose so you don't have to worry too much about someone being focus fired.

My frustration with this tier came from the fact that I wasn't getting credit towards Bossk's payout until Bossk's second turn. I think the game wasn't giving me credit because there were two characters tied for "weakest," but I didn't seem to have the inverse problem with Dengar (ie: two tied for "strongest."). I think I could have beaten it if Bossk wasn't bugged, but he was, so I did the Qi'ra tier twice because I just wanted to get to work!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Unlike Wampa my squad made it to Nest final fight. Other than Boba no one geared heavily but Bossk has a zeta. I just couldn't get enough debuffs on her to make a dent before she wiped everyone out. It's doable but probably next time around for me. I did find Visas easy and need the shards to this event is generally welcome.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »

Yes, ok.
    But.... why did you remove ": impossible?" from the title I originally wrote?
    Why? Was it a offense?
    Lol

Challenge is one thing my friend, it is an entirely different thing to make something so difficult that you need to spend money to complete it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »

Challenge is one thing my friend, it is an entirely different thing to make something so difficult that you need to spend money to complete it.

You don't need to spend money - just play a lower tier.

But, to the OP's point, I do agree it's extremely annoying watching g12 characters (that are well modded) go down before they get to move because of preloaded TM. The Holdo version of the event is poorly designed.

Oh - and yes, I've beaten it. It's still poorly designed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If you have Bossk, try using him as your lead. My BHs seem much worse than yours and I completed it just fine.

I ran Bossk (L), Boba, Greedo, Dengar, 88 all at G8 with no zetas on anyone and managed to do both G9+ recommended battles both in today and yesterday's event. I was down to 2 characters at the end of the Visas Marr one, but the others I had full crews. I have pretty good mods on them, but nothing spectacular.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator

Yes, ok.
    Why? Was it a offense?
    Lol

Make it more open topic, it is being beaten its just incredibly not easy and Nikoms has a solid point that it is annoyingly difficult when compared to other encounters like it , and that is a solid topic to slant off your OP too :) not everything is for evil purposes! ;) .... but it should be....

Always! (Teasing)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber

Yes, ok.
    Why? Was it a offense?
    Lol

Make it more open topic, it is being beaten its just incredibly not easy and Nikoms has a solid point that it is annoyingly difficult when compared to other encounters like it , and that is a solid topic to slant off your OP too :) not everything is for evil purposes! ;) .... but it should be....

Always! (Teasing)

Understood :-)

.... of course at the end I get the 20 Visas shards...

Yes, ok.
    Why? Was it a offense?
    Lol

Because folks are beating it, so it’s not impossible.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I ran a standard BH team, Boba (L) Dengar, Zam, 88 and Greedo for Holdo shards, got 2 easy runs.
    They start fast but soon settle into patterns and fall easy.
    My BH have no Zeta but all G11, only 88 is G12.
  • why did you remove ": impossible?" from the title I originally wrote?
    Why? Was it a offense?

Make it more open topic, it is being beaten its just incredibly not easy and Nikoms has a solid point that it is annoyingly difficult when compared to other encounters like it , and that is a solid topic to slant off your OP too

Internet hyperbole must be deleted: it is the most destructive force in the universe!