Tips on beating hard nodes 5-B through 5-D in the ship table

Can’t get my team going because they always target my Vader every single turn they go. If I switch they just gang up on another ship. Any advice would be helpful

Replies

• use tanks.

simple.
  • DarthJamesKoftfe
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    See Mobilegamers YouTube post on ships used to 3* those sections
    One item is used Vader as a reinforcement
  • Yeah alot of those videos are useless for the regular person. Sure they are good for some people, mainly the ones that spend a lot of money on this game. Ever notice how tons of these videos are shown using accounts that have max everything, and the best mods? I can not remember what its called, but if you are an "influencer" or whatever, CG gives you a test account, so you can make videos and give impressions on new characters and modes. By the time a regular "casual" player that spends a little here and there, gets to that level, a multitude of new characters will have been released that make the one you just grinded out for months, old news.
  • I've only 3 starred 5-D on hard. Took me switching to a totally defensive lineup to get that win, with a lot of RNG.

All my ships are 7* lvl 85. All pilots are lvl 85 and have 5 dot mods at lvl 15. Starting linup was Vader (G12), Fives (G11), Biggs (G12). Capital ship was Chimera (Thrawn G12 only one zeta).

Focused on getting rid of enemy Ahsoka first, healing with Thrawn and using Thrawn basic to call Vader to keep Biggs protection up.

First reinforcement was Boba (G12) and used his basic instead of the photon torpedos, again to keep Biggs protection up. Second reinforcement was Tie Reaper (G12 DT, G11 ST), giving extra protection and defense up to Biggs. Finally wore the Mace fleet down with 2 Thrawn ultimates.

There's no timer on the battle and no ultimate destruction move the Endurance can throw, so it doesn't have to be an all out speedy offensive like we are used to in ship arena.

I failed 8 times before getting the 3* win. I watched a lot of videos trying to figure out a strategy, but no one had my exact fleet. So it's a lot of trial and error. Just keep plugging at it. It only takes once to be able to sim it. Or insert your favorite quote on perseverance here.

May the force be with you.

@u/Fives5555
  • I should also mention I always used Vader's basic attack to give protection to Biggs. Always. Mace and Clone Srgnt threw up a lot of taunts and I only dispelled with Fives basic or Tie Reaper when protection up was on cool down. They don't have an AOE attack for the whole republic fleet, so once you get Biggs taunt up Vader is safe, so long as he doesn't get tagged with a target lock before Biggs taunts. And then you just have to keep Vader alive until it expires as only the Endurance can hit multiple ships with target lock.
  • P.S.

The enemy Fives can multi hit target locked ships too, forgot about him. Biggest RNG was not having Vader hit with Fives special on the first round.
  • @u/DaPowerfulJedi

@u/Rhunne

In case you want a view into one way of getting it done. I used the same fleet for 5 a, b, and c, just didn't spend the time to 3* those.

And another good tip I got from a guild mate for the Mace/Endurance fights, bring in Bossk/Hounds Tooth as first reinforcement. The republic ships can't hit hard enough to get thru his auto bonus protection up, so should make it even easier.

I'll be trying that when the next toon (Bastilla!?!) gets thrown on a ship 5 hard node.
  • As many players do not have jedi geared they might put Bastilla in a tier 1 cantina node. Get everyone farming jedi...
  • I was stuck on 5C, until hounds tooth. Start with Hounds tooth, Biggs and Vader out. Reinforce Boba, so have 3 tanks to soak up their onslaught.

I used hounds tooth at 3*, but my bounty hunters units have been a focus (I just love them!) So they have very good gear.

Hope it helps!
  • Itd total rng. I do that with starting line: biggs, silencer, itf. 1 ri: vader, 2: poe. Aa lead.
    If you lucky and fast give tl you win, if not, you lose.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    I did the last two for me today, 5-B and 5-F, with G12 Geos as starting lineup and Executrix with maxed specials. For every node I just needed one attempt. Before it tried mobilegamers advice, did not work, so I just tried with the geos. Vader as reinforcement, everything except Targetsystems maxed. Then it was a game over and I had my 3 stars on these nodes.
    Before I 3*ed some with Biggs/ITF/SF and also Vader as reinforcement. Works, but not as good as the bugs.
  • Tried your strategy and worked perfectly my first try. Thanks Smoot Raider!
  • See Mobilegamers YouTube post on ships used to 3* those sections
    One item is used Vader as a reinforcement

Actually, Mobile skipped 5C in that video. He skipped a couple of them in 5 and only 3-starred three he hadn't before.
  • On 186/186 for ship battles.

Tarkin lead geonosians is your best bet
  • On 186/186 for ship battles.

Tarkin lead geonosians is your best bet

I'm guessing my 7* Geo Ships with my 7* geo pilots won't work as well seeing as how they are level 53, 53, and 60? ;-)

But hey! They're all 7*.....lol
  • Here is the set up I used to finally 3 star 5D (did not work for 5E). Start with Scimitar, Biggs, TFP. Use Scimitar to buff Biggs, target Ashoka early with TFP. Bring in Vader, followed by Boba. Use only basic from Boba to keep adding protection back to Biggs. Slowly chip away until you use a couple ultimate's from Thrawn. Did not use my 3rd reinforcement of FOTP. It may have been luck, keeping up the protection to Biggs was the key and did not lose a ship. My Thrawn capital is only 6 stars.
  • Mace

Biggs
    Vader
    5s

Bistan
    PK
    Boba
    CS

Like taking candy from a baby
  • Thank you Smoth_Rider! Man, you saved me tons of energy. Your lineup worked more then perfectly - I ended with FULL protection on everybody including Biggs! And I had less geared toons than you had (Biggs G11, Vader G11 and Fives G9). Those powerful tanks under Mace's command looked like helpless puppies.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I 3* all except 5C
    Post edited by vincentlondon on
  • I ran Vader brigss 5's ships rough it fotp and then fun fac though I feel the with option is interchangeable with a non tank that applies target lock with thrawn cap ship. Hopefully your case is far enough to go second like mine. Apply target lock use thrawns buff to give Biggs d up. Call in for when available to get freeextra target locks you him and Vader to widdle them down. Always use thrawns basic on Vader to already apply tl. Took me dozens of different combos to get it right but only one try with this team. Also only thrawn was g12 everyone else was 11-8
  • I know this thread is older , so I thought a more up to date reply to show that even w all the new additions , At least 5Bhard is still passable w the easier to farm ships. I’m out of energy but at least I got this one.
    After a few tries , my first 3 w Chimaera at 7 and Thrawn at 7, were fully powered Scimitar w maul at 6, maxed Tie Adv w Vader maxed, and BD Xwing maxed w Biggs at 7. I brought out a maxed Slave I w BFett at 6. Game over. My other stand bys were C’s Uwing, ITF and USF
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
This discussion has been closed.