Hayden Christensen

2Next

Replies

• veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Hayden seems to be the type of actor who shines most in shakespearean type roles giving me the impression that lucas particularly cast him for all the poetic ish romance of episode 2. The movie shattered glass showcases hc's skills better than any other part i seen him in. The sw films on whole dont demand a lot from the craft true but also true is liam, sam, natalie, ewan, pretty much all those other great actors make you believe a far scale more than hayden but he fit just fine better than hammil ever was but he is now typecasted and his sw character is dead you wont see him for a bit prob
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Maskarii wrote: »
    You think he is terrible....than think about Kylo Ren taking his mask off... THAAT WAS TERRIBLE

Don't you EVEN start about my baby Adam Driver. Just don't.

This might be my favorite post of all time in these boards! :smile:

Adam Driver was very solid, and I didn't find his mask scene funny at all. Actually, he has a good resemblance of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher mixture, which also applies to Hayden Christensen to Mark Hamill and Natalie Portman to Daisy Ridley. The casting of Lucasfilm always nailed it when it comes to faces for families.

Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Painfully bad. The problem was that he was constantly screaming rather than being cold, creepy and menacing. But that's at least as much the director's fault as his.

He was a full Sith to control and use his rage.. he bursted out like a school boy...
    in RotS I find him more bearable than in AotC, but I think ep 1 Anakin is better than ep 2 and 3... that child was pure gold :)
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    The dramatic moments, especially in AotC, are kinda derpy, but that's not Hayden. Watch Life as a House. He's so good!

Ewan even said that he would ignore things that Lucas told him because they made no sense. You can't expect a younger, more inexperienced actor to do the same. Natalie Portman had bad scenes and she is an Oscar winner! Hell, even Alec Guiness complained about Lucas's direction and writing.

You can't tell me that the beginning of RotS where Anakin and Obi-wan are fighting in their ships, and then later rescuing the Chancellor is nothing but exciting and fun. They make a great team and their banter is very entertaining!
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    @Ouchie Definitely agreed Ouchie!
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Here is what I don't get about the critique of Hayden (or the movies themselves)

1. You really think Mark Hamill was some amazing actor in IV, V VI? "but i was going into tosche station..." is terrible delivery.

2. Critiquing movies that are made for 10 year olds as the main target audience is just silly. I mean, any other movie or tv show with that target audience, are all pretty cheesy in the acting arena.

3. Saying any actor is horrible by the judgement of one charecter he/she has played is silly. Hayden was excellent in Shattered Glass and holds his own in others movies I've seen him in. Certainly not the best but good better than many.

4. Natalie OWNS Ewan in the acting department, and he is one of favorites. And she started before he did, at least with known film, with "The Professional" in '93. Ewan Became popular in '96 with Trainspotting. And her career was not in any trouble at all before/during/after the prequels , Garden State and Closer alone were fantastic films that she was top notch in.
  • BNCS
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hayden was great as Anakin! Maybe he is not a great actor, but who cares? We cant change the history. There are much worst, actors in the SW like him. ( creep boyega as Finn, or Kylo...lol )

I hope Hayden will return in the SW as young Vader, he has a perfect looking. I wish to see a story where we can see, how Vader rose up, and became more and more slave of the dark side.

James Luceno: The rise of Darth Vader

OFF

But unfortunaly the saga is now in very bad hand, Disney doesnt have BALLS, to make a real dark and evil story. They just wanna make quite, and lovely ( nowadays I can hear about gay characters ) fairy tales.

ON
    I think he was a great cast, and now he is older and more experienced! So I hope he will return, and we will see him again as Vader!

d4CSOKu.jpg
  • In a movie that managed to make Samuel L Jackson look flat and generic, I don't have high expectations.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Mark is wayyyyyy better actor... Mark has done soooo many voices for games and cartoons.... He is the voice of the Joker!!!! He may have done more roles and work than even Ford!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    Mark is wayyyyyy better actor... Mark has done soooo many voices for games and cartoons.... He is the voice of the Joker!!!! He may have done more roles and work than even Ford!

He certainly did not start out as a "great" actor. Mark wasn't that great in ANH, but his acting improved a lot by ROTJ. Also, you can't really compare voice acting to acting in films. It takes a lot more to be a convincing actor on screen than in games and cartoons.

HC was great in the prequels. I agree with most of you that the romance with Natalie Portman was really hard to watch. But Hayden did a great job portraying a teenager who's been told he's very powerful but constantly being judged by his master. Tattooine scenes in AOTC and ROTS are best of the prequel movies imo.
  • USAmazing wrote: »

His Voice stuff is great. But his stage/screen acting is mediocre at best. But, I love what he did all the same.