Phoenix zeta order?

My stockpile of zetas is stacking up and I've been looking into squads to spend a couple on when I thought about phoenix. They're one of the squads who I consistently find uses for and they all have pretty good zetas. I'm thinking of adding them in this order,

Kanan
Sabine
Zeb
Ezra (eventually. I don't run him anywhere else but I'm sure I will down the road)

Is this order about right? Kanan adds so much survivability and Sabine/Zeb add a ton of damage, plus all those extra staggers are super juicy.

Replies

• You are correct, that’s pretty much the best order, and Hera last
  • I didnt follow any order but I've always heard kanan then sabine. Don't know any order after that. Ezra works great in other lineups like jedi so his zeta isnt a bad idea either
  • I wouldn't put zetas on them since they don't age well. The main use for Phoenix is to get thrawn. After that they are a B team at best. Save the zetas for the A teams.
  • I wouldn't put zetas on them since they don't age well. The main use for Phoenix is to get thrawn. After that they are a B team at best. Save the zetas for the A teams.

They have uses , and they are used in LS Tb , and they are useful as a easy squad in Haat. No one is claiming they are top notch, but thanks for chipping in

They have uses , and they are used in LS Tb , and they are useful as a easy squad in Haat. No one is claiming they are top notch, but thanks for chipping in

They don't age too well in thise areas either. In haat once you get Aa, cls, asajj, bb8, and thrawn, you can solo half of it. At that point there's not much use for Phoenix. Ls tb, once you get jtr, cls, and a jedi team, you usually have more than enough teams to clear any battles. The parts that require Phoenix can be autoed with g9 non zeta teams. They will fall out of arena as soon as your shard gets ep. So, using 4 or 5 zetas on them is probably a waste. However, putting a zeta on Ezra will give you more dmg now and will age decently well. He can be in some Haat solo teams later onor at least high dmg ones. He can be run as a jedi under bastilla lead which will age much better than a Phoenix team. He also can be run in a gmy team for p1 of the hstr.

So my advice is to zeta Ezra and put the rest on non Phoenix teams. I can't say who woukd be better since I don't know what your roster consists of. But arena wise, I would either strive for ep led sith or bastilla lead jedi depending on preference and what you have. Ezra can fit in the latter. If you go that route you could use your zetas there.
  • Cool, that’s almost relevant to zeta order for Phoenix,
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I wouldn’t do that order....

Since Jedi are the 2nd best Arena Team ( I’m 29th in my Arena) and Ezra is one of the key Jedi....
    I’d do

1) Ezra
    2) Kanan - especially if you don’t have Hoda. zKanan is a fine stand in.

Also this will give your “pure” Phoenix team x1 offensive zeta and x1 defensive zeta. Which should make them a LOT better.
  • Hoffman72510
    326 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I wouldn't put zetas on them since they don't age well. The main use for Phoenix is to get thrawn. After that they are a B team at best. Save the zetas for the A teams.

They are used constantly in multiple areas of the game. It may feel like they're useless early on but once you've got zetas on all your key characters then it's time to start adding them to your TW/TB/Event squads, or more importantly STR. Plus they have some pretty good friggin zetas, Kanan and Sabine add TONS of utility.

They are used constantly in multiple areas of the game. It may feel like they're useless early on but once you've got zetas on all your key characters then it's time to start adding them to your TW/TB/Event squads, or more importantly STR. Plus they have some pretty good friggin zetas, Kanan and Sabine add TONS of utility.

I think you have it backwards, they are useful early on but not at end game. I've played since 2016 so not a noob. Phoenix does ok in p2 but so does most everything else. They are not a team to focus on for str unless you already have jtr, ns, chex, gmy, imp troopers, and a few others that all do better than Phoenix. At that point you'd already have the str on farm most likely. For TB they are ok but don't need zetas to beat most of what they are needed for there. They are needed for 2 events, one of which you can auto with a decent ns squad. The other is the Thrawn Mythic which can probably be beaten with no zetas. They are a decent but not great tw team. The zetas do make the ships better but you can beat all the ship content without their ships or with g9 or so non zeta pilots. So as I said a B team at best for in game. There are much better places to put the zetas.

I think you have it backwards, they are useful early on but not at end game. I've played since 2016 so not a noob. Phoenix does ok in p2 but so does most everything else. They are not a team to focus on for str unless you already have jtr, ns, chex, gmy, imp troopers, and a few others that all do better than Phoenix. At that point you'd already have the str on farm most likely. For TB they are ok but don't need zetas to beat most of what they are needed for there. They are needed for 2 events, one of which you can auto with a decent ns squad. The other is the Thrawn Mythic which can probably be beaten with no zetas. They are a decent but not great tw team. The zetas do make the ships better but you can beat all the ship content without their ships or with g9 or so non zeta pilots. So as I said a B team at best for in game. There are much better places to put the zetas.

Again a swing and a miss, Read the post you quoted, . .. once you zeta your key chars, . . .its time to expand to other areas . . .
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I went pretty heavy into Phoenix when LSTB first released, and I still use them pretty extensively. They are my go-to squad for the p6 rebel mission, so I can save CLS and Zolo for the special mission.
    They get dropped on defense for TW.
    They actually beat the mythic tier of Military Might easier than cls/zolo/chaze/random 5th.
    They have two of the best ships in the game imo, and easily the best reinforcement ability on phantom.

For the record, I have g12 zKanan, zZeb, zEzra, and Chopper, and g11 Sabine & Hera. I'll be adding Sabine and Hera zetas shortly and taking them to g12 also.

You pretty much have the correct zeta order already imo. Kanan, Sabine, Zeb, Ezra, Hera would be my recommended order unless you are using Ezra with Jedi.
    Hera's zeta seems very weak, but when it is used properly with zeb it adds a ton of DPS to your squad. Use Zeb's staggering sweep, which will give him 50% TM w/ 5 Phoenix +20% from lead for an almost immediate turn. Use his basic to stun that toon, then call him to assist with hera's special and he will daze or stun another enemy and gain 50% TM for another almost immediate turn where you can use his Sweep again. I have had crits with Zeb's special for upwards of 60k damage against buffed, non-debuffed enemies ( the ideal target for his special).
    With Sabine's zeta dishing out stagger and exposes everywhere ( both of which allow a stun with Zeb's basic) , Zeb's TM train can very quickly shut down a large number of enemies, which is ideal for TB or assault battles.
  • For pure utility in a Phoenix squad your order is best. However, I'd be tempted to zeta Ezra earlier because of his extra use in a Bastila Jedi squad, where he's the main DPS.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • For TB and tw defense purposes, the best Phoenix squad doesn't actually use Ezra. He works best with Bastila Jedi anyway though.
    Using hera/sabine/zeb/kanan/chopper gives them a lot more durability, since Kanan and chopper uniques both give health recovery ( chopper at the start of a turn and Kanan on suffering a debuffed) and zeb gives prot recovery. They are also less vulnerable to bad RNG causing you to lose Hera, Sabine, or zeb when a taunt isn't up. Chopper has a dispel special like Ezra, except his also removes 10% TM per buff dispelled from the entire enemy squad, and also has a 30% assist chance with possible CD reduction. Kanan and chopper get the foresight from kanan's zeta special, which feeds tons of TM to everyone. Sabine's aoe also can't be countered, which will minimize those horrible assist chains in TB.
    The AI sucks at playing Ezra with Phoenix, so for defense its best to leave him out provided the rest are up to par and zetad.
  • Phoenix are great attacking CLS teams in TW. I’ve never lost against them and CLS is usually everywhere on defense.
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    There is a world of difference between a non-zeta, g11 Phoenix that most would use in p5 TB or early on in arena, and a full zeta g12 Phoenix. Zeb and Sabine are completely transformed. I've had zeb one-shot more toons than I can count, and Sabine increases the whole squads damage output drastically from exposes and CC/CD up buffs while also stripping tons of TM from stagger. It's not unusual to start a wave and have all 5 toons go before the enemy even gets a single turn, just from kanan's foresights expiring at the previous wave's end.

For tw defense, they also force the attacking enemy to go in with a very high damage, fast squad; otherwise, Phoenix just keep healing over and over. You can't lowball them and expect a victory.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    A g12 Zeb can one-shot a full health Baze with Sweep.
  • If u like Phoenix who cares how well they age? They are great on Defense on TW. And I'm sure if maxed can hold their own. Ezra is good on Jedi teamsumder Bastila. Chopper in a jtr squad with bb8 and r2 for TW defense is imagine. Sabine is decent on a rebel squad... is just zeta the one u like best first. And just play it that way.. that's how u enjoy this game imo.. screw the meta. Do what u enjoy