2nd Guessing First Zeta - Bastila Leadership

So there's a couple posts now about how bastilas lead isn't working as well as it once did. That buffs are being landed on Jedi with ease now which makes them pathetic against empire again.

I'm about to get my first zeta as I'm running Jedi it was going to be going on Bastila but now I think that may be a waste?

If in fact she's not working the way she was before then I'm not going to give her the zeta.

Maybe go GMY? Not sure if things have actually changed.

Maybe mods will help? Maybe squads are learning how to could terrible better?

Thoughts?

Replies

• It always worked the same. If the enemies dont have potency mods, they wont land debuffs, but if they do, theres a solid chance debuffs will in fact stick.
    Characters that typically stack potency, like Tarkin, cut through Bastillas easily, so will most of the previous meta compositions.
    If this is the way you wanna go down, its your decision.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    It always worked the same. If the enemies dont have potency mods, they wont land debuffs, but if they do, theres a solid chance debuffs will in fact stick.
    Characters that typically stack potency, like Tarkin, cut through Bastillas easily, so will most of the previous meta compositions.
    If this is the way you wanna go down, its your decision.

This. Before bastila came about everyone was maximizing speed and offense on the teams. Now with just a little bit of added potency the traya leads can laugh at bastila squads tenacity gain.
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Some perspective here - Bastila still works fine....she’s mixing it in the 50 when Jedi simply couldn’t dream of doing that previously.
    However,
    1) Bastila needs GMY (both should have Zetas)
    2) She needs a well geared tank e.g. zOld Ben
    3) She needs Ezra (in my opinion) - again ideally zeta’d
    4) She needs a solid +1 ideally Hoda, but Thrawn, Fulcrum, Other Jedi also work fine (e.g. I run QGJ....and am doing fine - temporary I might add!)
    5) They all need solid mods and Gear.

IF you do all of this Jedi can mix it with the Sith but are still anti-meta rather than meta. I think where Jedi shine are in mid-game shards dominated by zzEP teams that have either no Traya or very few unlocked. For me it made sense as my Arena is zzEP as far as the eye can see.
  • For reference my Zeta order went like this:
    zEP (leadership), zThrawn(E&F) —> Then I had a choice: I could have gone zSion and then zzEP like everyone else....but I went zBastila and then zGMY. You really need both imho. So....it all depends on what’s in your Arena!
  • She's fine, and I expect Bastila lead Jedi will only get better, as Mods 2.0 is fully implemented.
  • My jedi team crushes any bastilla lead. Zeta or not. There only chance of winning is if the game crashes. The only thing im waiting on is 7*ing Hyoda and unlocking GK.

https://swgoh.gg/u/jejuzang/
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    My jedi team crushes any bastilla lead. Zeta or not. There only chance of winning is if the game crashes. The only thing im waiting on is 7*ing Hyoda and unlocking GK.

Highest arena rank 134... Sure you crush ANY bastilla leads..
  • Awesome. That's what I thought. I know the forums are very reactionary so I wasn't sure which it was. I fine with people modding well and all that
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Like others have said, teams are probably putting more potency mods now. You can counter that with tenacity mods.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Like others have said, teams are probably putting more potency mods now. You can counter that with tenacity mods.

Ya for sure. That's what I was thinking
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    My jedi team crushes any bastilla lead. Zeta or not. There only chance of winning is if the game crashes. The only thing im waiting on is 7*ing Hyoda and unlocking GK.

Highest arena rank 134... Sure you crush ANY bastilla leads..

Yup, admitatly its not very good on defense but i havent lost to a single 7* zeta Bastilla. Dont knock my May 2016 shard. Its been a long climb to the top. 40 of the top 50 are zeta trayas