Need longer battle timer in TW

So after running out of time in my NS vs Bastila lead Jedi, despite having full health on my side and only three enemies left.

The timer makes sense in arena, but if you just sit in a battle in TW forever, you only hurt your own team.

Can we please have a 10 minute battle timer in TW? Running out the clock on a defense heavy team should NOT be a viable strategy.

Replies

• Why shouldn't it be a viable strategy? If opponents don't bring viable squads to counter defence heavy teams that's their fault.
  • Why shouldn't it be a viable strategy? If opponents don't bring viable squads to counter defence heavy teams that's their fault.

Because one side has a time limit and the other doesn't. And the side without a timer wins if it runs out.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Every defensive strategy in this game comes with the knowledge that there is a timer in pvp battles. Removing or lengthening that timer would neuter a lot of defensive strategies, and change the way the game is played.

Instead, we should focus on strategies that can beat defensive bottlenecks.
  • If you were to consider this a real war, out lasting the enemy has and always will be a very viable tactic
  • The timer exists in arena to prevent camping in battles on attack. We know this because it's one of the rationales CG gave for reducing it in ships.

Given that is it's purpose, it doesn't belong in TW.
    If you were to consider this a real war, out lasting the enemy has and always will be a very viable tactic

If you were to consider this a real war, both sides wouldn't just stop fighting because a timer ran out.
  • I agree a longer timer would be a good idea. I’m also frequently using and fighting against team compositions I’m not familiar with. A timer to rush my decisions seems silly.
  • I agree a longer timer would be a good idea. I’m also frequently using and fighting against team compositions I’m not familiar with. A timer to rush my decisions seems silly.

Chess has the same time pressure when played competitively and I dare you to call it 'silly'.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Send in a cd meat team first...Have the team use their cds and then bring in you A team
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The timer exists in arena to prevent camping in battles on attack. We know this because it's one of the rationales CG gave for reducing it in ships.

If you were to consider this a real war, out lasting the enemy has and always will be a very viable tactic

If you were to consider this a real war, both sides wouldn't just stop fighting because a timer ran out.

Who said the timer only exists for spot camping?

It's part if the strategy in both game modes. It's not only about winning, it's about winning in time.

If I can make a team that will force you to time out, because you used up your roster else where, why shouldn't that team win?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The timer exists in arena to prevent camping in battles on attack. We know this because it's one of the rationales CG gave for reducing it in ships.

Who said the timer only exists for spot camping?

It's part if the strategy in both game modes. It's not only about winning, it's about winning in time.

If I can make a team that will force you to time out, because you used up your roster else where, why shouldn't that team win?

Then why is their no timer outside of pvp?
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    Send in a cd meat team first...Have the team use their cds and then bring in you A team

Used to do this with GW before I got my 150 wins!

OP, out lasting the timer is a strategy on its own. Not everyone uses speed mods in this game. Speed is over rated, if I can out last the first round of hits I'll take that team out fast....
  • casper1jr wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Used to do this with GW before I got my 150 wins!

OP, out lasting the timer is a strategy on its own. Not everyone uses speed mods in this game. Speed is over rated, if I can out last the first round of hits I'll take that team out fast....

That's fine. Outlasting the clock when I play on 4x speed is different