JTR arena questions

VonZant
3843 posts Member
Finally biting the bullet and putting in JTR. 2 questions:

After her lead, which zeta is best? Protector or Insight? Insight seems redundant on a team with R2 with combat analysis.

Second, how do you face Bastila teams? I'm running JTR, Scav Rey, BB, R2, Holdo. Should I swap in Thrawn for Scav Rey?

Replies

• I think you mean Virtuous Protector is redundant. That's the 40% cleanse.

Insight is much more valuable in raids than Protector, and in arena, it can ramp up her damage pretty quickly if you can go first and go often. (To that end, I prefer Resistance Trooper to Scavenger Rey.)

Virtuous Protector is somewhat redundant with R2 around, yes, but it can be an extra line of defense against certain key effects that could slow Rey down or stop her from acting. Daze and Stun in particular can put a cramp in her style.

The +2 slots for JTR teams are very flexible. Scavenger Rey and Thrawn are both quite viable. That said, while I do run JTR in the arena, I tend to avoid Bastila teams; they are considered a strong counter to JTR.
    Still not a he.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    I think the other two are flexible, and can see the benefits of fracture on Kenobi. But I would say a solid tabk is essential while you are wearing down theirs, because GMY under Bastila can one-shot weaker toona. But once you find the rythm, Bastila squads are mostly pretty easy with JTR. They can't resist the exposes or TMR, so R2's AoE is great.
  • Agreed with the others. Insight is great for second Zeta. I run mine with JTR, BB-8, R2, GK and Thrawn. I rarely lose to Bastila when I'm on offense. When I do, it's usually against a double tank team (Old Ben and General Kenobi with the Jedi), as I keep getting bounced between the two tanks, while their GMY and Ezra go to town.

If they only have a single tank (with HODA, for example), then I can Fracture the tank, and go to town on their GMY or Ezra. JTR's Mind Tricks helps keep them under control.

Thrawn can also regenerate some protection on your tank, if their GMY starts doing to much damage to him, while you're building toward Illuminated Destiny.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Thanks. Yeah I meant Protector. As you can tell Im not up to speed on them yet. I'll pull out Scav Rey and insert Thrawn and try them with Holdo. I just personally dont care for GK in this team.

I ran them today as a test without my arena mods and made 42, which is higher than I have been able to get with Palp recently. Once I swap my arena mods over and hit g12 with Holdo and BB8, should be able to hold slightly better than my Palp team.
  • There are a number of options. You can try RT. He gets tons of turns and dispels. He’s mega squishy of course so you either need a tank to go with him or you need to stealth him with r2. Key is you want to try and hit someone that’s debuffed so the cooldown is reduced by two and you can use it again. Typically the only debuff you’re going to land is expose though since it’s unresistable.

I usually went with GK and nest, GK and Thrawn, or thrawn and nest. The nest option is good because you can stealth everyone but nest and let them beat on nest unsuccessfully. She essentially serves as your tank.
  • VP is not redundant. If she is ability blocked, that won’t be cleansed until she crits. If she has the VP zeta she can cleanse it before her next turn and use any ability. Insight first though.
  • Holdos really good as is GK and nest
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I havent moved my arena mods yet and am holding top 100, so not bad so far. Not sure who the 5th should be. Have Holdo G12 and she is doing ok. Thrawn or Scav Rey for 5th?
  • I’d go with Thrawn for the Fracture, stuns, and Protection regeneration. Scavenger hits really hard, but that’s not an issue for your team, once Illuminated Destiny goes off
  • Jtr, bb8,rt,r2 and thrawn. I win 9 outta 10 times vs bastilla and palpatine meta teams
  • I beat Bastilla lead 8 or 9 times out of 10 with JTR, R2, BB-8, IPD and B2. IPD and B2 are there to control SOME of the buffs they gain. JTR leadership will do all the work for the team anyways as long as you keep the buffs under control so yoda doesn't 1 shot someone on your team.