I feel embarrassed and discouraged after this!

Prev1
AssassinoAlexis
134 posts Member
edited August 2018
The most ridiculous thing happened today which made me feel all these things. I mean how can I not when my squad got embarrassingly owned when it clearly shouldn't!

But let me explain because I don't want you to dismiss me. So I'm going up against a 4 star g11 Bastila lead, General Kenobi, GM Yoda, Hermit Yoda and Ezra. Essentially a team that requires 0 effort to aquire with only hermit Yoda being the one that's kind of hard to get, even though he's been in the game for nearly a year which means that most players should have him by now.

My team consists of EP lead, Nihilus, Sion (7* g12 with pieces), Thrawn and TRAYA. Everyone in my team is g12 except Traya who's 5 stars and g11. I have zetas on EP, Traya, Sion, Nihilus and Thrawn. Sion took me so long to get to 7 stars, Traya is supposed to be the strangest toon in the game, I'm running fracture and one hit kill.

The match starts and they all take turns with their TM boost, I almost lose Thrawn who drops to under 15% HP and only miraculously survived because their last hit was on Nihilus! If that wasn't the AI my Thrawn would have been killed before I can even take a turn!

After Kenobi uses his retribution ability I almost lost my Nihilus to counter attacks, but I guess that is because I should have Sion faster than Nihilus. Anyways, I barely pulled a W because the AI was not targeting the right people and I simply got lucky...

I know many people who left their guilds to go seek a HSTR guild to get Traya, I simply can't believe that the triumvirate got owned by a pretty Jedi team that literally takes no effort to build... It's so silly that a Marquee 4 star character comes out of nowhere to beat Traya on DEFENSE! I don't care if Jedi can pull consistent Ws on offense against anyone, that's totally fine, but to pull Ws on defense against the supposedly most OP trio in the game is to say the least, a JOKE.

I'm not expecting anything from this post, I just want the devs to realize that if you're gonna make people quit their guilds to get the supposedly next Meta squad, then you can't release a Marquee character who at 3-4 stars can dethrown that character with literally NO hard work required...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You left out the most important detail, which is the speed of the characters involved.
  • Zeta your Traya's leadership and hit auto. Bastilla = finished. Use EP lead again to crush other Traya lead teams = recipe to stay in top 10. New META per se is that you need two teams or squad config to stay top 10.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    You left out the most important detail, which is the speed of the characters involved.

My Thrawn has 252 speed and they all took a turn before he could. My speeds aren't the greatest because my best mods are in my JTR squad but they are all above 200
  • toYodah wrote: »
    Zeta your Traya's leadership and hit auto. Bastilla = finished. Use EP lead again to crush other Traya lead teams = recipe to stay in top 10. New META per se is that you need two teams or squad config to stay top 10.

I have her lead zetad, I could have switched her but then again I don't see a reason why Palpatine would suck so much especially against Jedi
    You left out the most important detail, which is the speed of the characters involved.

My Thrawn has 252 speed and they all took a turn before he could. My speeds aren't the greatest because my best mods are in my JTR squad but they are all above 200

Palp lead is built on applying debuffs to start humming... if you’re not doing that, Bastila will eat your lunch.
  • Lol my Bastila squad eats EP squads like yours for breakfast. Love targetting them for 2 minute wins. Bastila was released to counter the stale EP lead meta, you realize that right? Switch to Traya lead like everyone else did because of Bastila and you won't need to worry about that unless your mods are really that outclassed. Drop Thrawn or EP for Sith Trooper under Traya.
  • Lol! Really op. Your using the exact squad Bastila was designed to hard counter lol
  • So you're upset that you're bad at using strategy? Why are you attacking Bastilla with Palp?
  • OP is literally trying to beat scissors with paper.

Speed is irrelevant dude, Jedi starts with 15% bonus TM, only Han can outspeed that
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    The most ridiculous thing happened today which made me feel all these things. I mean how can I not when my squad got embarrassingly owned when it clearly shouldn't!

But let me explain because I don't want you to dismiss me. So I'm going up against a 4 star g11 Bastila lead, General Kenobi, GM Yoda, Hermit Yoda and Ezra. Essentially a team that requires 0 effort to aquire with only hermit Yoda being the one that's kind of hard to get, even though he's been in the game for nearly a year which means that most players should have him by now.

My team consists of EP lead, Nihilus, Sion (7* g12 with pieces), Thrawn and TRAYA. Everyone in my team is g12 except Traya who's 5 stars and g11. I have zetas on EP, Traya, Sion, Nihilus and Thrawn. Sion took me so long to get to 7 stars, Traya is supposed to be the strangest toon in the game, I'm running fracture and one hit kill.

The match starts and they all take turns with their TM boost, I almost lose Thrawn who drops to under 15% HP and only miraculously survived because their last hit was on Nihilus! If that wasn't the AI my Thrawn would have been killed before I can even take a turn!

After Kenobi uses his retribution ability I almost lost my Nihilus to counter attacks, but I guess that is because I should have Sion faster than Nihilus. Anyways, I barely pulled a W because the AI was not targeting the right people and I simply got lucky...

I know many people who left their guilds to go seek a HSTR guild to get Traya, I simply can't believe that the triumvirate got owned by a pretty Jedi team that literally takes no effort to build... It's so silly that a Marquee 4 star character comes out of nowhere to beat Traya on DEFENSE! I don't care if Jedi can pull consistent Ws on offense against anyone, that's totally fine, but to pull Ws on defense against the supposedly most OP trio in the game is to say the least, a JOKE.

I'm not expecting anything from this post, I just want the devs to realize that if you're gonna make people quit their guilds to get the supposedly next Meta squad, then you can't release a Marquee character who at 3-4 stars can dethrown that character with literally NO hard work required...

Welcome to the world of meta shift created to generate revenue.
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

Speed is irrelevant dude, Jedi starts with 15% bonus TM, only Han can outspeed that

I understand the TM boost, but speed is never irrelevant. The biggest problem is that he’s attacking the squad designed to beat the one he’s running... and doing so with slow mods.
    ElleMadara wrote: »

I understand the TM boost, but speed is never irrelevant. The biggest problem is that he’s attacking the squad designed to beat the one he’s running... and doing so with slow mods.

My mods aren't slow lol, Thrawn is at 252, Palpatine+109 don't use words I never said
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

Not true at all. Divide all the jedi’s Speed by .85 and that’s the true speed for first turn order. Eg, if yoda has 250 his effective speed for his first turn would be 295. Your Vader should still go waaaay before them, since he’d get +80 speed. If he’s not, you need to rework your mods. Also EP against bastila, really? Use JTR, I regularly crush bastila teams. Or lead with traya if you have to use sith. EP is like the worst team you could pick against bastila.
    ElleMadara wrote: »

My mods aren't slow lol, Thrawn is at 252, Palpatine+109 don't use words I never said

Most thrawns I face in arena are in the 280+ range.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I think it's funny he thinks it takes no effort to get Bastila or Hoda.

I find it interesting it takes no effort getting them...

I'm a day 1 player and as a f2p player, Bastila is impossible to farm. Hoda can ONLY be farmed with TW/TB credits. Also, THAT was MONTHS of farming only Hoda shards while others were gearing people up left and right. When you farm Hoda and/or Wampa, you pretty much have to only farm them or it will take forever to 7* them.

As a day 1 player (albeit a f2p) I'm calling you out on your "it takes no effort to obtain these guys" nonsense.

It took MONTHS of effort farming Hoda at the detrement of farming gear. And I can only get Bastila as a 3* because I refuse to spend money on anything EA after they screwed me over on Madden Mobile.

So yeah... You are seriously downplaying the effort it takes getting Hoda and Bastila.
  • My Thrawn is 289 and I'm not even anywhere near the fastest in my leaderboard. But that's not the main point. The main question is why aren't you using Traya lead to counter Bullshita teams?
  • toYodah wrote: »
    Zeta your Traya's leadership and hit auto. Bastilla = finished. Use EP lead again to crush other Traya lead teams = recipe to stay in top 10. New META per se is that you need two teams or squad config to stay top 10.

I have her lead zetad, I could have switched her but then again I don't see a reason why Palpatine would suck so much especially against Jedi

Traya lead is Bastilla' hard counter, she literally poops all over EP leads and honestly man its kinda silly that you think there should be a 1 team beats all squad. It's also, at least imo, a perk to play a game where the biggest wallets or the biggest nerds aren't the biggest swingin' D's.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

Palp lead is built on applying debuffs to start humming... if you’re not doing that, Bastila will eat your lunch.

This.
    jr8972686 wrote: »
    Lol my Bastila squad eats EP squads like yours for breakfast. Love targetting them for 2 minute wins. Bastila was released to counter the stale EP lead meta, you realize that right? Switch to Traya lead like everyone else did because of Bastila and you won't need to worry about that unless your mods are really that outclassed. Drop Thrawn or EP for Sith Trooper under Traya.

So true. I climb by beating EP teams and avoiding Traya led teams. OP just need to switch to Traya lead and put SiT instead of Palp and that's a win.
  • I'm not at traya teams yet but yeah I've beaten bistila teams until one day i lost and got really mad
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • You won ... what's the problem?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    You won ... what's the problem?

This. You're embarrassed because you won? A staggering sense of entitlement here. You have what you think is a team which should get you an easy victory in every battle and when you win but had to earn it you run to a public forum? That's the bit you should be embarrassed about
  • SithTrio_PO
    263 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    lol @ the post and the comments here...
    anyway, OP, you are trying to beat someone who counter you. bastila counter palp L so hard. my bastila team, that isnt even built on 5 jedis (only 3 jedis) and is around 80K power, can finish a palp team of 105K power in less than a minute. in TW, because i dont have on them anything near arena modding. this is the problem here, you are trying to beat bastila with Palp, and its pretty hard to do so. to be honest, if you wouldnt have traya, you'd 100% lose.
    also, i'll suggest you to swap to traya L. palp L is outdated, while with traya L you can bring lot of versatility. Trio+2. dont need them to be sith, or empire, or whatever. Trio, another support, and another tank/HUGE damage dealer is the Meta atm.
    and about the "Speed is irrelevant". speed in never irrelevant, but i think its the first time since mods unlocked that speed isnt THAT relevant. the traya L is a SLOW lead, that give no TM gains, no speed % or flat speed, and also dont TMR or something like that. its built on surviveability for the long term, like GK+Zarris team. the only difference is that in GK+Zarris team you would like to have the first turns, and with traya L... well... meh, who cares. the way to counter traya is to have an auto-taunt that will eat that isolate, and this thing have NOTHING to do with speed. i havent touched my modding on arena team ever since i swapped to it, and its been around 2-3 months, i guess ? in these 2-3 months ever since i unlocked traya, #1 daily, im at 100% winrate on offense, wasnt lost ONCE, i havent pay any attention to mods or speed since the inital change, and i used a refresh, maybe once, max twice. i even had 2 days that i needed only 1 fight to reach the top spot, because i was dropped to #3 or #4 after 23 hours. i sure it would happen often if i wasnt removing mods for friends. after the obvious bragging - the point is that speed is relevant of course, but isnt that relevant. my thrawn is 261 speed for so long, and i couldnt care less. its one of the slowest thrawn in the top50 of my shard even, most of them are 280-290+, some of them are even 300+ already. but who cares when the lineup is good enough. im pretty sure that i can improve the speeds of my arena team right now, but im not going to do so because theres no need. i rather have the speed where it matters, on Hoda for example, for easy HAAT solo and better HSTR scores.
    TL;DR - OP, use better squad. if you struggle, go read about counters.. you would find very fast that bastila is a huge counter to palp, and that you are using an outdated team (its outdated FOR YOU, because you have traya, so you should use her in L spot and not as 5th of palp team). and in general, speed is important, but isnt as important as the squad building, or as important as it used to be.. at least not in the current meta. right now, you dont need the best mods to get #1 spot. you just need traya and the right fillers.

edit: changed from B and then S (short for bastila shan) to bastila. it shows B- S as ****...
  • Krjstoff wrote: »

Lol

*if OP says he lost*
    Forums- WeLL yOu lOst sO yOu aRE jUSt sAltY. THaTs whY yOu arE coMplaiNiNG.

*if OP says he won*
    Forums- A sTaGGerInG sENse of *eNtiTLeMeNT* HeRe.

Oh well.

Anyway, bastilla wasn't supposed to be beating traya lmao. I've said this in many other posts with sufficient proofs. They DID NOT intend that.

I suspect they tested her lead in the bugged way that it was before. By the time they realised their mistake and fixed her lead, it was too late. Now many people had invested $$ in her, and they couldn't nerf her.

Well, it is what it is. Be glad that she is being silently nerfed as we speak.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Krjstoff wrote: »

Anyway, bastilla wasn't supposed to be beating traya lmao. I've said this in many other posts with sufficient proofs. They DID NOT intend that.

How do you proove the designers' intentions, unless they state their intentions themselves?

• Does anyone else find it shocking that someone that complains about running a zEP lead against zBastila, regardless of what the rest of the squad is, actually belongs in a HSTR guild and has Traya already?

And thinks that the first legendary, a HAAT reward character, and a GET only character on a squad that requires 4 zetas to be top tier arena viable is 'easy' to get? Granted, there's not Traya there, but there's really only one Traya, thank goodness.
  • GK + Hermie = 0 effort
    mmmkay
  • Put Traya in the leader slot, put sith trooper in ep's place, auto. Why do you feel embarrassed and ashamed at beating a team? Bastilla was built to counter EP lead to encourage Traya lead.
  • As others have said Traya lead changes everything. A few people have mentioned this next point but I can’t stress it enough: Sith Trooper. It makes Traya teams much more difficult to beat. Your ideal squad is going to be zzTraya lead, Nihilus, zSion, Sith Trooper, and either Nest or Thrawn. Whatever you do, Sith Trooper makes the team WAY more difficult to beat. Night and day difference.