Fleet arena: AI advantage is increasingly dominant and absurd

The latest fashion (4 of the last 10 matches vs different enemies) is:
- the fight seems to start well, with my Imperial Tie landing target lock and my Tie Advanced attacking before the enemy's one.
- Enemy's Tie Advanced removes Biggs taunt, immediately attacks my Tie Advanced making severe damage.
- Enemy's Biggs uses special attacks vs my Biggs and it is destroyed! (Having full health e nearly full protection)
- Enemy attacks again and also my Tie Advanced is destroyed.
- The rest is useless attempt to survive... sometimes I can even use Chimaera's ultimate before the enemy, but in the difficult situation (1-2 ships vs 4-5) at the end the fight is lost
(I know, someone will suggest to change the starting line, but at least AI may help me on defence.....)

Replies

• Naz83
    30 posts Member
    Welcome to the club.. I'm getting destroyed by 60-100k lesser power opponents. Match is starting just fine as you mentioned, and then the same thing happens to me also. I'm thinking just to forfeit right after the start of the pvp, and will have no more headache with it..
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    You know it's coming but I switched to Geos under Ackbar for this very reason, and after getting their ship's omega'd I'm consistently taking #1 in a shard with no payout cartel.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    And before someone says something weird about defense, I was number 1 at 8pm gmt and nearly 13 hours later I still am. July 2016 shard. Re-enforcement matters but I'll only go into that if asked so as not to bore!
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    And before someone says something weird about defense, I was number 1 at 8pm gmt and nearly 13 hours later I still am. July 2016 shard. Re-enforcement matters but I'll only go into that if asked so as not to bore!

Ships didn't come until like Nov 2016 so you can't be on a July 2016 ship shard
  • Trias
    64 posts Member
    The AI does not get any advantages on defence... If you loose it is most likely bad luck rng. If you consistently loose mirror match ups, you are just being outplayed by the AI, and should consider adjusting the strategic choices you make.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »

Im happy for you, but thats not typical. Im on an August 2017 shard (so a much newer one, which should indicate that my opponents are weaker), I run an almost fully maxed Geo trio (3 x g12, still collecting g12+ pieces), and I drop until the 16-18th place overnight.
    Taking 1st also isnt that simple, because obviously the top15 can defeat each other without issues, so the ranking is only dependent on the fleet timers - can I attack the opponent before payout or is he still in combat.

Theres no magic. Max a solid lineup (both old meta and geos work fine) and attempt for the best. But avoid saying that geo will always mean nr1 with no falling, because its simply not true.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Im happy for you, but thats not typical. Im on an August 2017 shard (so a much newer one, which should indicate that my opponents are weaker), I run an almost fully maxed Geo trio (3 x g12, still collecting g12+ pieces), and I drop until the 16-18th place overnight.
    Taking 1st also isnt that simple, because obviously the top15 can defeat each other without issues, so the ranking is only dependent on the fleet timers - can I attack the opponent before payout or is he still in combat.

Theres no magic. Max a solid lineup (both old meta and geos work fine) and attempt for the best. But avoid saying that geo will always mean nr1 with no falling, because its simply not true.

I didn't say they always mean number 1...

• Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    I've had the same issue countless times and the losing to 60/100k less powered teams is an awful advert for adding gear to pilots.

I did run Biggs, KRU and Vader off the bat and despite a pretty much maxed Tie Advanced, mine wasn't performing anywhere close to the lesser, AI ones.

I switched to the Geo Trio and Vader off the bench a couple of days ago and haven't lost since but as you can imagine, like everything else, little holds up on defense without AI/RNG blessings.
  • This happens because you're playing mindlessly play smart and use your ta special on the Biggs so he can't call in the assist that does tons of damage stop just blind attacking and actually understand the strategy involved or keep losing. Ships 2.0 makes fleet take a brain you can't just do the same thing every time and expect easy wins, if you want that this isn't the game mode your looking for.
  • Olorin wrote: »
    This happens because you're playing mindlessly play smart and use your ta special on the Biggs so he can't call in the assist that does tons of damage stop just blind attacking and actually understand the strategy involved or keep losing. Ships 2.0 makes fleet take a brain you can't just do the same thing every time and expect easy wins, if you want that this isn't the game mode your looking for.

Thank you Mr Clever for your so shining suggestions.
    The majority of players well knows that RNG dominates the fleet arena over and above all possible genius strategy.
    In regard to Biggs' special... the point was that when I attack the same way I've never destroyed one enemy's ship (with full health and nearly full protection) like it was paper.....
  • Sounds like you know how all of the opening moves go. If the battles keep repeating that same scenario then it is time to switch something up. You’re just playing an RNG game if you keep hoping your same lineup will win.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Sounds like you know how all of the opening moves go. If the battles keep repeating that same scenario then it is time to switch something up. You’re just playing an RNG game if you keep hoping your same lineup will win.

Same thing goes for any lineup actually! RNG - God!

Well of course. It’s no different than ships 1.0. People always whined about not target locking and such. Same as now. It is harder to overcome poor RNG with 3 ships for sure but people expect their TFP to TL every **** time or have Sun Fac land a stun every time and whine when it doesn’t happen. People expect it to land 100% of the time when it isn’t supposed to land 100% of the time and complain about poor RNG. If you miss 10 target locks in a row with TFP, I can understand the frustration. You miss one out of five target locks it’s “RNG giving me the massive bone again”. You just can’t expect to land everything 100% of the time.
  • There is a lot of RNG, but there is also a lot to be said for understanding the mechanics of how fleet works now. Unless you post both your fleet (please do) and the opposing fleet, nobody will take you at your word that "their fleet does more damage".

Biggs special, as an example, has a massive 30% damage increase at its 8th tier. Have you fully upgraded that ability? Have your opponents? You claim that opponents are doing more damage than you with the same ships - again are their ability levels upgraded to the same levels and do the pilots have the same gear? Is the opponent running Tarkin or Thrawn (one of them makes Tie Adv and ITF hit a lot harder on BOTH regular and critical hits).

It sounds like your Vader is slower. That's generally a big problem and forces you to try to get a TL. If your capital ship is faster, you want to use ITF's special on his opener so he gets foresight, so he dodges the opposing capital ship's AoE, so he gives your capital ship TM, so you can call a reinforcement faster (hint, use Cassian in this line-up - dispels Biggs' taunt and lets you remove either the opposing ITF or the opposing Vader pretty quickly).