Zeta mats - no luck at all?

Hey guys,
I'm kinda frustrated, not with the actual drop rates of the zeta mats, nor with with the amount that CAN be earned through different challenges or events.
No, my frustration comes from the fact that it seems one player can have all the luck and another can have none at all...
I started playing december 2017, and a buddy of mine 1 month later. Obviously, I could start the zeta mats crunch a little before him. By the time he could win the zeta challenge, I was ahead about 10 zeta mats.
Now, I'm the owner of 2 zeta's and I currently have another 13 mats for a 3rd one.
My buddy on the other hand already has 3 zeta's and another 5 mats for the 4th...
So... He's got significantly more mats than I have (about 22) in the same span of time! I sometimes go weeks without zeta mats, while he averages 2 per zeta challenge...
If it would've been a difference of 5, I'd be ok with it, RNG you know. But over 20? In a few months time? No, that's just plain ridiculous...
It had to come out, sorry for the rant :)

Replies

• RNG is soooo powerful in the dark side of the Force.......
    Further: do you and does he buy Z math from the fleet store with the same frequency?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Moorebid wrote: »
    I started playing december 2017, and a buddy of mine 1 month later. Obviously, I could start the zeta mats crunch a little before him. By the time he could win the zeta challenge, I was ahead about 10 zeta mats.
    Now, I'm the owner of 2 zeta's and I currently have another 13 mats for a 3rd one.
    My buddy on the other hand already has 3 zeta's and another 5 mats for the 4th...
    So... He's got significantly more mats than I have (about 22) in the same span of time
    Does your friend buy more zeta materials from fleet shop? Are you in the same guild or does he win more TWs at higher reward tier than you do? Does your friend log in every day to collect zetas by the end of the month, while you don'?

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Just had 3 drop today. After my fleet po I’ll have 4.
    They drop well and then not so well. Ebb and flow.
    Your buddy sounds like he’s doing better in fleet arena and is buying his zeta’s. While you are waiting for them to drop.
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, getting zero zeta mats from back to back challenges really sucks. And definitely feels like a raw deal when you watch you guildmates get 2-4 zeta mats every time without fail. So he gets to use his fleet tokens to buy more ships and toons, while you're stuck using all your fleet tokens to by zeta mats to keep up, but you never will catch up.
  • I got 5 today...seems legit.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    I got 5 today...seems legit.

I got 4, and since I 7* Talzin last week I've gotten like an entire zeta this past week.
  • first, check to make sure they're not buying them from fleet store.
    second, yeah... welcome to the game. This same "RNG determining your fate" resides in the mod structure. Two players could sim 100 mods, 1 player ends up with speed secondaries in the 20's, the other with speed secondaries in the tens. One person's arena fate has become significantly easier. The other forever jealous.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • It's not luck. It's a random reward for pushing a button. Sometimes you get a positive result. Statistically, you'll be disappointed more than satisfied. Same as going 0/5 on the hard node farm.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    It's not luck. It's a random reward for pushing a button. Sometimes you get a positive result. Statistically, you'll be disappointed more than satisfied. Same as going 0/5 on the hard node farm.

I think you just described luck....
  • I got 5 today...seems legit.

I also got 5 today and with endor escalation tomorrow that's 7 in 2 days. WAI
  • We're both in the same Guild, so he doesn't het better rewards than me. We both don't buy them from the fleet store. It's actual bad luck VS good luck, I guess...
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, definitely heavy rng dependant. I have a lot of bad challenge days it seems, especially in the beginning months having to rely more on them than the fleet store. It felt like it took me over 6 weeks to get 20 pieces. But don't fret, once you can spend your fleet tokens on zetas they'll feel like they're adding up quite quickly. In addition, once your guild gets high enough you'll be earning at least 1 a war and 2 a war at the next threshold of gp. And daily login rewards at the end of the month. Wicket and talzin events give out 2 to 4. Hang in there it'll get a lot easier down the road for ya. I'm definitely feeling the omega crunch now that I'm earning more zetas a month. I'll give you an example from me. I earn 1250 tokens a day so I can get a piece every other day and back to back when the leftovers add up. Starting in March when jtr came back I put her 3 zetas on her as soon as I unlocked her. Since then I've put one each on cls, r2, bb8, gmy, kru, hyoda and I think ventriss. For a grand total of 23 zetas on 18 characters since the inception and being able to do the challenge. Currently have 28 pieces on standby. So be patient and before you know it they'll start coming in. Its a marathon so take it easy and manage those resources. Good luck and game on
    Post edited by haysswa1 on
  • If your friend ranks higher in fleet he can buy more...
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    I feel your pain. I'm getting 1st in fleet arena every day and spending the currency completely on zeta materials. Yet, although I got to 15 zetas before my friend got to 14, he's now at 23 zetas and I just got my 22nd.
  • Your friend is buying them from fleet.

Nope, and he's not even close to my position in the ranks. I'm top 20, he's hovering around 200
  • Does he have Talzin and/or Wicket at 7 stars? Could be getting them there, too. Talzin is a huge deal for zetas.
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    Does he have Talzin and/or Wicket at 7 stars? Could be getting them there, too. Talzin is a huge deal for zetas.

Nope, look I know this guy, he's one of my best friends. I'm ahead of him on almost every aspect of the game, but those freaking zeta's... There aren't any ways for him to gain zeta's that I can't access. He doesn't buy them from the fleet store as well. He's just plain (a lot!) more lucky, so it seems.
    And I hate him for it! Lol
  • Trust me. I feel your pain. I literally went two months without having a full zeta to place. In about ten minutes, I'll be placing my third zeta on a character this month. (KRU Lead, then Bastila lead, next is Asajj lead) The RNG has too broad of a parameter I think, but you will have times when it evens out in regards to zetas. (I was doing about one a month before this summer and now I'm doing three in one month.)

I'd say RNG in the Arena and fleet arenas are much worse, but not much we can do about it. I wouldn't mind getting 3 zetas a month a couple more times though, that'd be fun. (And now that I've alerted the AI, that I am most certain reads the forums, I won't get another full zeta until 2019....)
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    Turasleon wrote: »
    Does he have Talzin and/or Wicket at 7 stars? Could be getting them there, too. Talzin is a huge deal for zetas.

Nope, look I know this guy, he's one of my best friends. I'm ahead of him on almost every aspect of the game, but those freaking zeta's... There aren't any ways for him to gain zeta's that I can't access. He doesn't buy them from the fleet store as well. He's just plain (a lot!) more lucky, so it seems.
    And I hate him for it! Lol

Lol, sounds like a co-worker of mine. He started playing a few months after me and I told him about how my game hardly ever dropped stuff I needed. And everyday he would show me either screenshots or him actually playing the game in front of me of his awesomely wonderful rng gameplay. Like the bronzium packs, I hardly ever got shards just those brown pvc pipe looking things, he would get back to back 10, 20, single etc. shards. Hopefully you'll be able to get to start spending those fleet tokens on zetas soon. It makes a huge difference. I wouldn't stress too much on how much better or worse rng seems between you and him, you can't control that. But you can control fleet store, wicket and talzin, logging in daily, getting other characters ready for other events like mythics that can reward zetas. Best of luck to you