The scab that never heals: Ally Points

Just turn it into a shop already. Gear it for levels 1-70 by stocking it with CW Chewy and that low level crap that we just burn energy on.

Make it useful or get rid of it.

Replies

• Options
    I forgot to say please. Make it useful or get rid of it, please.
  • Options
    I would like a revamp to the system before they give better rewards. They aren’t even really ally points anymore, you get them for anything. If they increased the payout of using allies that would provide incentive to play the game and use your allies. You could spend higher amounts on character shards or gear.

But I agree with you, the system right now needs to be reworked or scrapped.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I just want a button, or slider so I can open them all at once.
  • StupiderIdjit
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't want to get rid of it. It was slightly more helpful with I was lower level. It's just a shotgun of junk at this point though. I would love to just be able to pick the junk. There are unloved characters that could use a home too. Jedi Consular and the like. Most importantly, any changes shouldn't take away from newer players.

FFS, maybe even just move the "Buy Again" button so it lines up with Skip.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    I usually get a few hundred shard shop currency out of it everyday. I'm honestly fine, although a slider would be nice.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    the Dev's response:

"[CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality"

handling.... massive... number.... of drops..... is.... not..... supported.

To which I enthusiastically respond:
    hoehadxh282g.png

They're not spending time on it because it's a free to play feature. I bet someone could code it in less than an hour, probably less than 10 minutes. It would probably take them longer to talk about what quantity buttons to use than it would to implement this. The artwork of a new button or card would take longer than coding it.... so I don't really believe this response.

"We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet." This I believe.

There is NO acceptable solution that involves using them for something else. Just add the freaking button.
  • qbk94
    10 posts Member
    Options
    At Level 85 it should change. The only use I get out of it now is getting character shards to feed the shard shop. I'd settle for the ability to auto it all at level 85.
  • Options
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    the Dev's response:

"[CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality"

hoehadxh282g.png

They're not spending time on it because it's a free to play feature. I bet someone could code it in less than an hour, probably less than 10 minutes. It would probably take them longer to talk about what quantity buttons to use than it would to implement this. The artwork of a new button or card would take longer than coding it.... so I don't really believe this response.

"We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet." This I believe.

There is NO acceptable solution that involves using them for something else. Just add the freaking button.
    There’s a big difference between 96 gear pieces from that pack and 4,000 bronziums opened at once.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    the Dev's response:

hoehadxh282g.png

There’s a big difference between 96 gear pieces from that pack and 4,000 bronziums opened at once.

Pack of 96 bronziums= 24,000 ally points....hmmm
  • Options

So make it 20 at a time. That way you don't need to open 4000/time
  • Options
    They’re not allowed to get rid of ally points until I 7* Lobot purely from bronzium packs
  • Options
    A button that just does 5 at a time would still be a massive improvement.

I do consider saving up my ally points now and again in case they decide to do something crazy... but every so often I pull an 80 shard toon and it feeds so much gear... I just can't sit on it.

I'd like them to do something a little 'more' with AP, but as of now, I'm working with the system, and with RNG it's not terrible....

Anyways... I get more from AP then the STR, THAT's for sure!
    tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    @Bz183 I’m talking about the 5-8 gear pack of 8-12ish salvage
  • Options
    the Dev's response:

hoehadxh282g.png

No one asked for a 4000X button. They asked for multi button, just like the 4x and 8x. This should be easy. As I said.... it will take them longer to decided what quantities to offer (like a 1, 10, or 100 option, or a 4 and 8, or w/e) than it will to implement.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a new shop to spend the points. Either that or being able to process ten or so Bronzium packs at once. Much better than an auto-clicker or pressing loads of times
  • Options
    A shop to spend them would be awesome. Just beginner level gear so older players aren't given a big advantage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They spoke about making a new pack that's more expensive and better loot, in an interview a while back
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They spoke about making a new pack that's more expensive and better loot, in an interview a while back

That's extremely disappointing. They need to stop hiding real information like that, because that will be a huge benefit to players who are hoarding their ally points now.

That's not really an acceptable solution unless they find a way to clean the slates of people who have like 2 million points.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just turn it into a shop already. Gear it for levels 1-70 by stocking it with CW Chewy and that low level **** that we just burn energy on.

Make it useful or get rid of it.

Bronziums give nice shards for low level players. IG—86, ewok scout, royal guard and snowtrooper seem to drop very often.