Can endurance be used now with hounds tooth

Do y’all think that with hounds tooth being added, we could see some use from endurance again? Endurance provides 15% defense and offense to ships with protection and also helps with protection recovery.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In short no. The biggest issue going into ships 2.0, is that makes ship takes way too long to get his speed advantage going. He really needs 4-5 ships present with his buff to get going. Without this from the start it's hard to get the pace fast enough to have protection from the other ultimates.
  • I’ve face some PITA Mace teams in TW. They were already hard to get down. Adding Hounds tooth to it would really make things hard IMO. I bet it would be pretty good.
  • Mace isn't about speed advantage and target lock mayhem anymore. It's as it was always intended now. The problem concerning arena viability is not the lack of speed and tm gains. The problem is that the tanky ships best suited for this defensive strategy lack the fire power to stand up against top tier arena teams that will eventually wear them down with debuffs and power.

The question then, is whether Houndstooth can add enough durability to a well-structured fleet (not simply swapping capital ships) that make Endurance...well...endure. I too, really want to know...from people who actually have legitimate fleets and experience. My mace republic fleet is good enough to beat the final lstb mission without casualties, but certainly not enough to consistently take first in arena. I would be willing to go down that route though, for sure. Gotta shake things up time to time.
  • Answer is...

No.

Weak DPS ships hit like a feather
    Hound
    Plo
    Fives
    Etc

Strong DPS ships can 2 shot you.

X1
    Silencer
    Phantom
    Poe

Too much DPS difference.

Also this is mature shard talk. If you are not in a mature shard please state so. It keeps you from looking not so. Smart.
  • I think the real question is whether Hounds Tooth and some other beefy boys would be able to stall the 5 minutes on defense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.