The zeta problem...

Giving a zeta to character used to be an incredibly important investment. It was an investment that was meant to last in time and pay off consistently and reliably for a long time. Some zetas we're always bad and some faded in time but not before they made significant impact, like Finn and Maul.

Now I think we're facing a problem, the problem of uncertainty. See aquiring zetas has gotten much easier with TW but at the same time all characters require them. Back in the day all you needed was 1-2 maybe 3 zetas and you were good to go, now each squad requires 4-5-6 even 7 zetas to work properly so it's still quite a big investment.

The reason why I am saying all these things is because I feel like with the release of so many characters there's too many characters uncertainty in the game. I was looking at my characters and I have about 55 zetas saved up, I was debating on whether I should zeta Bastila for arena. Of course then I would also have to zeta Yoda's unique and Ezra's unique so that's all the zetas I have... The team performs very well in arena but how do I know that the characters that are coming in the near future aren't going to totally replace/ dethrown Bastila? To me that's too much uncertainty to spend a whole 3 zetas for something that may last for 1-2 months and become useless shortly after.

The zeta problem isn't really a zeta problem, it's more of a problem due to the game becoming incredibly fast paced. Introducing so many characters leaves us unable to predict the future, meaning one wrong move could cost us an entire 2-3 months of suffering and falling behind. I totally wish that we had an idea if what to expect. More communication from the devs so we can make long term plans that won't collapse overnight.

One example would be Yoda's rework, his leadership seemed too strong and many people got excited, they wasted a zeta on it only to soon after have Bastila released and completely make Yoda's lead useless and pointless. I can only imagine the frustration of those who zetad Yoda's lead. We need more steady pacing and less uncertainty about the future because gathering resources like zetas isn't exactly the easiest thing in the game.

Replies

• Problem now is omegas. I have zeta mats for 2 people, but not nearly enough omega mats to zeta anyone.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I said it a year ago and I’ll say it again...

(Quoting myself... how egotistical)

“The point isn't how many zetas you have... whether it's 1 or 100. They aren't difficult to get if you devote the resources to them... but it's time consuming. If you spend your ship currency only on zetas you get one about every two weeks on average.

Sure I have a good amount of characters zeta'd but I started early on it and have spent all my ship currency exclusively on zetas... I like to try new things. That's what makes the game fun for me.

They were great initially to help address the power creep by giving older characters that became somewhat obsolete new abilities that made them viable again. Now every new character "needs" a zeta... or two.. or now three in Luke's case.

It's literally impossible to stay even remotely close to keeping up with the curve that is being created. Sure you can save them up... but for what and until when? What if you went "all in" on the Ewoks and then they release Luke... well that sucks... or you go "all in" on Luke and soon enough some new character is released that is bigger and better and nullifies all your efforts.

I think that ideally any fully zeta'd team (empire, sith, Jedi, resistance, FO, Ewoks, etc...) should be able to compete with any other in a rock, paper, scissors kind of way... but currently it doesn't work like that. They just release something new that is stronger than anything else and shifts the balance dramatically. Arena currently is probably more varied then it has been in a while but it still boils down to a very limited number of viable teams/ characters is you want to be competitive.

I don't really regret any of the zetas I've put on characters. Some are clearly far superior to others but regardless it's fun to try them out and experiment with them.

That being said... being able to remove them for a significant fee or having them accessible in other ways wouldn't be such a bad thing.”

It still holds so true...

(Btw if I spent the two zetas I have saved I would be at 50 spent... if they helps to give some perspective)
  • Problem now is omegas. I have zeta mats for 2 people, but not nearly enough omega mats to zeta anyone.

That's why you save crystals and get the omega packs when the come around
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That's why you need to practice making wise choices with something so important.

You dont need to zeta everyone, not even your whole arena team. You dont need to spend a zeta just because you have the materials.

Play the landscape, expand your knowledge, look at the directions things are moving and wait for it to move. Investing wisely as things start to become clear, if you manage your resources you can stay flexible. Never try to predict the future, just let things happen naturally and you can make good choices.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nothing in this game is face paced, just because they release a bunch of characters does not mean you need to be worried about zetas on those toons. Relax

Agreed, Omega crunch is worse. There's no zeta problem.