zBindo instead of zHoda??

Someone on my shard (Nov 2015) is in the top 10 with zBindo (4-star). Whaaaaa? It has me curious.

Hermit Yoda's weaknesses are that he doesn't ever do any damage, and doesn't even have to be killed in order for the player to lose the battle. His "hail mary" is a pretty solid heal with health equalization. But Bindo's "hail mary" brings Jedi back to life at 80% health - if you've only got a few Jedi left and one of them is Hoda, you've got a) no helpful hail marys and b) one less Jedi than you need to hurt anyone.

But Hermy-Y is tough to kill, since he's usually stealthed. Bindo has really high tenacity, a decent pool of HP and protection, and some crit protection.

Before I spend a zeta on Bindo... do you think my top 10 shardmate might be onto something going here, or did he just get lucky? BONUS QUESTION: if not, do you think he might be a game-changer on a secondary Jedi team (e.g., the zeta is still worth it)?

Interested in your thoughts!
SamUX

Replies

• Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Jolee is worth a zeta only because he has an ability called ”eh, you do it” ;) Not sure if he is actually better than Hoda or not, they have different strenghts, but I do feel that his kit is under valued. I went for Hoda myself but will most likely farm Jolee when he gets farmable (can’t afford to spend expensive gear on him now anyway). If nothing else he should be a great addition to a Jedi team regardless if Hoda is more “meta” or not.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    The question is "does your shardmate play Bindo because he doesn't get Hoda?". I suppose he's running a Bastila team and in that case, imo Bindo is a second choice. Bindo heals a lot, but in a Bastila team, you don't need to be healed thanks to the protection up.
    When you reach that point where you need to be healed, Hoda is much more better because you can revocer up to 100% Health + 20% Protection and you also gain foresight. In an old shard, Master's training can really make a difference to kill this Nihilus' wall too.
    Bindo will be better imo in a Yoda's led team since it adds a cleanser (that you don't really need in a Bastila team) and a healer who's more relevant in that team.
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    BulYwif wrote: »
    The question is "does your shardmate play Bindo because he doesn't get Hoda?". I suppose he's running a Bastila team and in that case, imo Bindo is a second choice. Bindo heals a lot, but in a Bastila team, you don't need to be healed thanks to the protection up.
    When you reach that point where you need to be healed, Hoda is much more better because you can revocer up to 100% Health + 20% Protection and you also gain foresight. In an old shard, Master's training can really make a difference to kill this Nihilus' wall too.
    Bindo will be better imo in a Yoda's led team since it adds a cleanser (that you don't really need in a Bastila team) and a healer who's more relevant in that team.

I’d second this - healers are wasted for the critical part of the fight on a Bastila team because she’s protection based. I’d argue all of the following superior to Bindo in Arena:
    1) Aayla/JKA — more early damage
    2) Thrawn — it’s Thrawn...
    3) QGJ — very fast, can clear buff and re-spread Offence. Can call an assist in (buffed GMY/Ezra 50% of the time). TM removal on basic.

Post edited by Shadowscream on
    518 posts Member
    Hoda is better because his basic gives 10% health, 5% prot and most importantly 5% TM which can help if you have a slow team. He grants 50% offense, potency, tenacity (not sure of all those buffs) and accuracy. He also have a strong party heal.
    Jolee reduce his cd on basic, grant crit immunity and revive plus can call an assist. The only good part is that he gains 30% max health which means more protection up. Damage are not significant so I would say Hermit is far better.
  • If you're at a point where you need to revive multiple party members in arena, you've probably already lost, and my guess is you'd be facing nihilus which means no coming back from annihilate.
    With hoda and his master's training, the 50% offense(for Jedi) really helps negate trayas "when gaining a buff outside their turn lose 50% offense until end of next turn"(or something along those lines.
  • If you're at a point where you need to revive multiple party members in arena, you've probably already lost, and my guess is you'd be facing nihilus which means no coming back from annihilate.
    With hoda and his master's training, the 50% offense(for Jedi) really helps negate trayas "when gaining a buff outside their turn lose 50% offense until end of next turn"(or something along those lines.

I see ppl say this a lot (that if you need to revive toons in the arena you probably alread lost) and I’m not sure that's necessarily true. I think being able to revive a key toon that the opponent manage to gun down could actually save the fight. i totally agree with with the other points about DN and the importance of master’s training though.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    With multiple threads complaining about how tough it is to beat a Jedi team before timeout, Bindo may be better. Getting 2-4 Jedi revived in the last minute will make things tough...
  • If you're at a point where you need to revive multiple party members in arena, you've probably already lost.

Opponent takes some turns to get rid of taunting GK. Boom, GK's back.
    That'll buy you some time to take out another key toon on the opposing team.

Sure you may lose somebody to an Annihilate, but that alone won't decide a win or loss.

However, should you fail to keep GK taunting and Bindu alive, the whole strategy fails miserably.

• BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    For arena I would stick with Hoda. Arena wins are all about that early heavy damage, especially against Treya leads.

For tw defense purposes ( where you're far less likely to be attacked by a triumvirate squad or another zBastila ), I would say zBindo would be better as long as he is fast enough, especially combined with zeta old Ben. Losing either your tank or Bastila in the first battle will result in a very easy cleanup for the attacker in a 2nd battle, so having that revive available can save your defense. they have to either trust they can finish all 5, time out the battle once Jolee or Bastila is dead (thereby removing either your revive or leader ability from the cleanup battle) or, if the battle doesn't go their way, force close the battle to prevent a TM pre-load. With Hoda, losing either ezra or GMY early pretty much guarantees a victory, or at least an easy cleanup ( especially if Bastila is also dead because of the lead ability removal again) if they run out of time while whittling down the rest of the Jedi.
    One other benefit to Jolee: he gives protection up to toons he heals with his specials, which will reactivate the 150% tenacity and 35% damage bonuses from zBastila lead, even if they have 0 protection left when they are targeted by Jolee.
    Is it worth gearing him up and adding a zeta? That will entirely depend on your priorities, and your guild and it's defense needs.
  • zBindo and zHoda are both really tough to beat (I run Jedi, with zHoda). I don’t think Jolee’s put in there for his heal so much as for his revive. It’s very annoying because it means you basically have to kill him first, but when you have a tank with a persisting taunt like GK, you can’t. You keep killing GK and then Jolee brings him back and he taunts again. By the time I get Jolee down, GMYoda and Ezra have done some big damage to my team.

Is he better than Hoda? It’s hard to say. I don’t have a zBindo myself, and have about the same success rate beating zBindo teams as zHoda teams.

But I will say that I avoid the zBindo team in my shard as much as possible, because it’s so annoying.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • The assist call isn't really all that beneficial against Traya leads. It's really the best way to drain GMYs additional protection early in the match (35% max health damage when attacking out of turn from Traya's leadership). If your shard is a healthy balance of zEP and Traya leads (as they counter each other a bit), I'd stick with Hoda.
  • From a TW perspective however, I could see where Bastila / GK / OB / GMY / Bindo would be an extremely frustrating team for people. If you conclude that the other guild would put their own Triumvirate on defense, or don't yet have Traya en masse, you could create some problems.
  • I would say Hoda for the same reasons above. Although, if the revive brings back the protection from Bastila, I would say go with Bindo. Could someone test if this works?
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I would say Hoda for the same reasons above. Although, if the revive brings back the protection from Bastila, I would say go with Bindo. Could someone test if this works?

Any protection up triggers the bonuses, but the revive itself won't. For tw purposes though, they'll start every battle with protection up no matter the health or prot level they ended with.
    Post edited by BrakirKY on