Before new mods come out...

I think there is an inherent problem with how mods are built in this game. Mods have an infinite amount of combinations (well not infinite but certainly so massive that it's essentially reasonable to call it infinite). The way mods upgrade, getting high speed mods is incredibly unlikely and added to the fact that one can only upgrade so many mods, it simply makes getting high speed mods so unlikely that some people will literally NEVER get a mod with let's say +20 and up speed! When you factor in luck, one person may end up with multiple +20 speed mods while another may never get one.

For example I'm the owner of 2 accounts, I've played for over 2 years and I've gone through alot of mods on both accounts. My one account only owns 1 mod that's over 20 speed (21) and my other account owns none! To me this is simply excessive because having those limitations simply puts my account on a permanent disadvantage. I'll never be able to do some of the runs I see on YouTube, I'll never be able to experience the same feeling because I'm simply not very lucky. It doesn't make any sense that after 2 years I only own 1 +21 speed mod on my one and no mod over 20 on my other account.

Nobody is trying to say that we should be handed high speed mods but 1 mod with 20+ speed every couple months is by no means enough to "break the game" or cause any type of problem. If I could only get 1 mod every 2 months that's over 20 speed then in 2 years I would only have 12 of them. That's only enough to mod 2 characters, not even half an arena team.

I want to bring this point up because with the new mods that will be coming into the game, we need to find a better ratio than getting a +20 speed mod once every a couple years, if that. It would literally take longer than my entire life time to fully mod a single squad with +20 mods and that is simply ridiculous.

Replies

• No, close
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    If you had that +20, you'd want the +25. I find your desire an arbitrary one. The best I have is 2 +17s and 3 +16s even though I've been farming them since mod launch...though as an f2p.
  • If you want more, spend more. Most people that have a bunch of 20+ speed secondaries have invested heavily in mods. It's not a disadvantage for you that other people put more time or $$$ into something and came out ahead because of it.
  • And again the op is stirring the pot for kicks, Reminds me of a couple other posters that have vanished after brief appearances with similar diatribes. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    All mods follow the same scheme every time, they roll when they are made and they roll at each upgrade. Every mod no matter where the source.

Mods are a numbers game, the more trys the better your odds of having a good speed and having it upgrade. Yes someone could get lucky, just like they could win the lottery on the first scratch off they buy.

There is nothing wrong with how they are built into the game IMO. Farm mods you will get good ones, some better than others, but the more you farm the better your chances are.

To say it's bad because you didnt get what you considered to be a good mod, is a little misleading. How often did you farm them? How much energy have you spent on mods?did you save crystals to buy mod packs?

What did you sell vs upgrade?

These are all factors in your mod situation. There is no reason any guarantees should be made about the mods you "should get". Invest or don't, but the choice is yours.

I asked a friend for advice as TW opened up, and he simply said farm all 100 refreshes on mods every day. I wasnt doing that before and I used my natural energy on toons and almost always my refreshes on mods. I feel like I'm in a much better situation then I was back then.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    All mods follow the same scheme every time, they roll when they are made and they roll at each upgrade. Every mod no matter where the source.

Mods are a numbers game, the more trys the better your odds of having a good speed and having it upgrade. Yes someone could get lucky, just like they could win the lottery on the first scratch off they buy.

There is nothing wrong with how they are built into the game IMO. Farm mods you will get good ones, some better than others, but the more you farm the better your chances are.

To say it's bad because you didnt get what you considered to be a good mod, is a little misleading. How often did you farm them? How much energy have you spent on mods?did you save crystals to buy mod packs?

These are all factors in your mod situation. There is no reason any guarantees should be made about the mods you "should get". Invest or don't, but the choice is yours.

I asked a friend for advice as TW opened up, and he simply said farm all 100 refreshes on mods every day. I wasnt doing that before and I used my natural energy on toons and almost always my refreshes on mods. I feel like I'm in a much better situation then I was back then.

I never sell blue purple and gold mods, even before the update, I understand that the more you upgrade the higher the chances of getting a good one but then again that's like saying one person has 0.1% chance to get a good mod, someone who has double the mods has 0.2% chance. That's still way too low and unreliable, I've seen people pull +21s and +22s off of a mythic event when I didn't even get a single mod with speed on it.
    No_Try wrote: »
    If you had that +20, you'd want the +25. I find your desire an arbitrary one. The best I have is 2 +17s and 3 +16s even though I've been farming them since mod launch...though as an f2p.

Well this is just unfounded. You're assuming too much, additionally I would argue that what's the purpose of their existence if 99% of the community won't ever have them? Just to reward those in the 1% who were lucky to pull one of those?
  • And again the op is stirring the pot for kicks, Reminds me of a couple other posters that have vanished after brief appearances with similar diatribes. ;)

What the... "Stirring the pot for kicks"? What part of my post is worth the kicks mate? I'm just stating my opinion you don't have to like it.
  • If you want more, spend more. Most people that have a bunch of 20+ speed secondaries have invested heavily in mods. It's not a disadvantage for you that other people put more time or $$$ into something and came out ahead because of it.

Except if mods worked differently those who spend more would get more. Under the current system you can spend a ton and get nothing of value whereas someone random who got lucky can pull a godly mod off a mythic event. Like I said before, if the odds of pulling a great mod is 0.1% and you have twice as many mods as me then the odds are 0.2% for you so what's so special about that?
  • DistavioNi wrote: »
    No, close

Ur funny
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Well this is just unfounded. You're assuming too much, additionally I would argue that what's the purpose of their existence if 99% of the community won't ever have them? Just to reward those in the 1% who were lucky to pull one of those?

What's unfounded? So you just want to squezze this last one bit out of speed with a +20 mod every month and then, but won't ever ask for more? Why not draw the line at just +15 and be happy that you got even more than that?

• No_Try wrote: »

What's unfounded? So you just want to squezze this last one bit out of speed with a +20 mod every month and then, but won't ever ask for more? Why not draw the line at just +15 and be happy that you got even more than that?

Because someone else will have it? If the highest possible speed in the game was 15, you bet I'd want a 15, if it was 20 I'd want a 20 and if it was 100 I'd want 100. But you can potentially have a mod with +29 so I'll settle for 20-24, but settling for +15 is kind of excessive
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Because someone else will have it? If the highest possible speed in the game was 15, you bet I'd want a 15, if it was 20 I'd want a 20 and if it was 100 I'd want 100. But you can potentially have a mod with +29 so I'll settle for 20-24, but settling for +15 is kind of excessive

Then check your math. Some of your fellows got a godlike mod from the event, you didn't. They didn't get 10 of those though. Statistics doesn't work with %0.1=%0.2. It averages out in the long run. The ones that got many of those are the spenders that has rolled to dice 10 times more than you for an incremental difference in return.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I never sell blue purple and gold mods, even before the update, I understand that the more you upgrade the higher the chances of getting a good one but then again that's like saying one person has 0.1% chance to get a good mod, someone who has double the mods has 0.2% chance. That's still way too low and unreliable, I've seen people pull +21s and +22s off of a mythic event when I didn't even get a single mod with speed on it.

All mods go through the same process, doesnt matter if it's from an event or farming. Let's just leave numbers out of it for now, because quoting fake statistics doesnt help.

How much energy did you put into mod farming? How much resources have you out into upgrading mods you have looking for good speed?These are a huge factor, if you have been focused for a long time at only being happy with your arena team, you may be behind.

Depending how you look at it, it is "easier" to catch up now, as you will have more chances to get speed on a mod and at a slightly lesser chance than before have it proc multiple times. But it will cost you more resources...