This is now a guild-killing raid

2Next

Replies

• There is a difference between talking about making mega whale guilds and having strong guilds that have all players around a similar GP.

What CG have made is a system that creates 10 strong 40 weak guilds which is messed up.
  • Whiteroom wrote: »
    There is a difference between talking about making mega whale guilds and having strong guilds that have all players around a similar GP.

What CG have made is a system that creates 10 strong 40 weak guilds which is messed up.

Given that we have actively recruited trying to get people leaving whale guilds, and aren't flooded with applicants, I would say the increased tw and tb has been enough to keep it from getting that bad.

• You know it's possible to have a guild which isn't full of whales but happens to be full of people with broadly similar GP having played for a fairly long time? I think I'm somewhere around the 3.5/3.6m GP mark - that's entirely non-fish related GP, it's more a marker of how long I've played the game and to a degree, how much of a shift I put in on raids and such. I couldn't care less if people in my guild spend or not, it's not about that for me, each to their own. I'd be out of place in a whale guild, just as I'd be out of place in a casual or less powerful guild. You can be as dismissive as you like about how few people leaving "whale guilds" you've recruited, I've seen dozens leave allied guilds in recent months, and entire guilds crumble. Some have been whales, some have just been players like me who've been playing for a while and maybe fear for the future of the guild, or maybe just want some easy G12+ gear or whatever. I don't care how many times people dismiss this happening, I've witnessed it and it's saddening.
  • My favorite is the new prospective recruit that says they want top 10 but only can score 8M. 8M maybe gets 12th in our guild.
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    My favorite is the new prospective recruit that says they want top 10 but only can score 8M. 8M maybe gets 12th in our guild.

12th in heroic is still better than non heroic.
    At least you get traya shards and a little g12+ salvage.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    There is a difference between talking about making mega whale guilds and having strong guilds that have all players around a similar GP.

Given that we have actively recruited trying to get people leaving whale guilds, and aren't flooded with applicants, I would say the increased tw and tb has been enough to keep it from getting that bad.

Let's presume your experience is universal (which, ironically, is often a problem on these forums). But we'll go with that.

So people are finishing outside the top 10 in HSTR guilds, but sticking with them for TW and TB. Presuming that's the case, do you think those 80% are happy and enjoying it? Or, more likely, feel trapped by the poor reward structure that CG/EA has put in place for HSith?

HINT: head over to the "Checkup" thread and read the feedback from heroic guilds.
    HINT #2: Those 80% are NOT happy.

My point is that people will simply leave the game - and it's happening. In my guild, my arena shard chat and my ship shard chat. People are tired of being manipulated into following CG's "path" (i.e. manipulating the ship meta, changing HSith raid rewards to favor whales only, 6* mod-blocking with g12 gear - which is already blocked by star requirement.)

You are correct, long-time players (many of whom were spenders) are not leaving their guilds. They're just leaving the game. Maybe your definition of "not that bad" is different from mine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whiteroom wrote: »

Let's presume your experience is universal (which, ironically, is often a problem on these forums). But we'll go with that.

So people are finishing outside the top 10 in HSTR guilds, but sticking with them for TW and TB. Presuming that's the case, do you think those 80% are happy and enjoying it? Or, more likely, feel trapped by the poor reward structure that CG/EA has put in place for HSith?

HINT: head over to the "Checkup" thread and read the feedback from heroic guilds.
    HINT #2: Those 80% are NOT happy.

My point is that people will simply leave the game - and it's happening. In my guild, my arena shard chat and my ship shard chat. People are tired of being manipulated into following CG's "path" (i.e. manipulating the ship meta, changing HSith raid rewards to favor whales only, 6* mod-blocking with g12 gear - which is already blocked by star requirement.)

You are correct, long-time players (many of whom were spenders) are not leaving their guilds. They're just leaving the game. Maybe your definition of "not that bad" is different from mine.

I never claimed the experience that I have seen is universal. Just stated that was what I have observed and that some other guilds we talk to have observed the same.

Then I made a guess that tw and tb rewards could be the reason. Because that would likely be the issue that would keep me from wanting to move to a lower gp guild. I never said this was universal. Just pointed out that the observations I have do not support the mass exodus to smaller guilds that some have been claiming.

It is possible but not likely. Just like every complaint on the forums isn't representative of 90% of the community.

Are players leaving the game in droves?

I don't know. I haven't seen too many leave but I'm sure cg tracks that.

Do people change guilds?

Absolutely. But I would guess that it is more in an upward direction when it is voluntary. The only times I have switched guilds were to move to better ones. Usually due to disagreement about how we were progressing. In fact I just made a move yesterday due to my feeling we were ready to attempt hstr again but too many wanting to postone our planned attempt and wait longer for more people to get and gear jtr. I just decided I couldn't keep waiting for them to feel ready with a moving goal post. The point is, the reason I switched wasn't cg's fault and really no one's fault. It just wasn't a good fit anymore.

Could the g12+ rewards be distributed more evenly?

Yes

Does it break the game?

In my opinion, no.

G12+ will likely be added to other locations before too long anyway.

A solution would be to add it to the upper tiers of rewards for tw and tb to even things out a bit. And maybe even the distribution a little on the raid. But you absolutely need to keep the top 10 rewards better than the bottom 40. It is absolutely no fun to spend the time putting up big damage to het the same reward than those posting a zero.

Not a big deal to raids that are on farm but not many guilds have hstr on easy farm and making rewards equal encourages non participation.
  • Another TW, another absolute annihilation of a guild we shouldn’t be matched with.

Once again, 5 members down, we were matched with somebody who was never going to stand a chance.

So, we decided to put weak characters in the front 4 zones to give them a reason to participate... every character in those front 4 zones was Gear 8 or under.

But, they still couldn’t breach a single zone beyond that. I don’t know if they drew any enjoyment from the TW, but for about the 11th time in a row, a guild shouldn’t have been matched with us, but were, because we’re down on numbers.

lbk9cr31y2wa.png
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    To be fair, that's mostly a matchmaking issue. It really "favours" guilds with less than 50 participants. If anything it should favour 50 participant guilds imo. It just seems silly to me that it's rewarding to have less than max participants. It's harder to get 50 players actively participating in a TW than 45, but by going throught the hassle of getting everyone to sign up and participate you're rewarded with an unwinnable match vs a guid who can't event get 50 members to sign up.
    This is comming from a guy who've had multiple mismatches in our favour because we had less than max participation. Mostly because players forgot to sign up, myself included (once). So basically our enemy that TW got on unwinnable match because i'm an **** and didn't sign up, that hardly seems fair.
  • It wouldn’t be an issue if our guild were full 🙄