The Sermon of Vandor

Prev13
VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited August 2018
Now listen to the words given to me directly by the Force. It spoke to me. It flows through me. It compels me to speak.

Have your guild build 50 g8 teams of Clone Chewie, Vandor, L3 and 2 Scoundrel attackers. If you wanted to be a real ****, remove the 2 attackers and Add Zaalbar and Stormtrooper Han. They will literally all work at 3*. The team will be sub 60k power. Watch your enemies shatter upon the Vandor wall and the defensive win counts soar. The team is beatable but you have to have a very strong team to beat them. Nightsisters or Sith or 50 Nihilus.

mynkxiu733mt.png

I have said the words. I preached. I have tried to tell my guild for months but only 1 guy listened and he still lost on the first fight every time. So I looked at his team and he only had 2 mods per character.

Heretic. Blasphemer. Sinner.

Then I cried. Then I realized I had failed.

Then I found a purpose. A quest. A personal geas. I must spread my wisdom. Share my knowledge. Preach the Vandor-mination sermon to those willing to listen. Take it children. Listen to the words and works of my divine inspiration. Heed them. Take this power given directly to my by the Force and go forth and flourish. Succeed where I have failed. So sayeth VonZant. So sayeth the Force!
Post edited by VonZant on

Replies

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Or.... everyone attacking it thinks it's a weak team so doesn't use anything approaching decent to attack them, and then TM stacks for subsequent fights?

Unless you have multiple screenshots and I can retract!
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Now listen to the words given to me directly by the Force. It spoke to me. It flows through me. It compels me to speak.

Have your guild build 50 g8 teams of Clone Chewie, Vandor, L3 and 2 Scoundrel attackers. If you wanted to remove the 2 attackers and Add Zaalbar and Stormtrooper Han. They will literally all work at 3*. The team will be sub 60k power. Watch your enemies shatter upon the Vandor wall and the defensive win counts soar. The team is beatable but you have to have a very strong team to beat them. Nightsisters or Sith or 50 Nihilus.

mynkxiu733mt.png

I have said the words. I preached. I have tried to tell my guild for months but only 1 guy listened and he still lost on the first fight every time. So I looked at his team and he only had 2 mods per character.

Then I found a purpose. A quest. A personal geas. I must spread my wisdom. Share my knowledge. Preach the Vandor-mination sermon to those willing to listen. Take it children. Listen to the words and works of my divine inspiration. Heed them. Take this power given directly to my by the Force and go forth and flourish. Succeed where I have failed. So sayeth VonZant. So sayeth the Force!

I cant do this seeing as I have a g12 zeta Clone Wars Chewie.

Does it still work at G12?
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Have your guild build 50 g8 teams of Clone Chewie, Vandor, L3 and 2 Scoundrel attackers. If you wanted to remove the 2 attackers and Add Zaalbar and Stormtrooper Han. They will literally all work at 3*. The team will be sub 60k power. Watch your enemies shatter upon the Vandor wall and the defensive win counts soar. The team is beatable but you have to have a very strong team to beat them. Nightsisters or Sith or 50 Nihilus.

mynkxiu733mt.png

I cant do this seeing as I have a g12 zeta Clone Wars Chewie.

Does it still work at G12?

Lol
  • I told my guild about a month ago that they should build up a team like this with Vandor, and only my guild leader listened. He’s using Qi’ra, Vandor, L3, Enfys, and Zaalbar. I’m trying to build up a similar team to yours.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Very interesting, clone chewie better than Qi’ra as leader you reckon?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @CHFC22 Here are the 3 TW before. I literally have them back to the day Vandor was released.
    kh29jct0nd9y.png
    1trfup141eb7.png
    rf3lwm6enbsq.png

• Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Your guild is losing in all three pictures...

It’s good that they’re soaking up teams, but apparently not enough. Guild requires more than a sub par team based on hopes and dreams of soaking up squads to win a war.

Edit; I do like the mentioned Qi’ra team above though. Sounds beast. Also, I mean subpar in terms of power/development; not synergy. Stopping at g8 seems like a wasteful thing to do if it potentially performs above average as it is.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Cheers. What zone was this? Front, one of the middle, or back?
  • I would love for this to be true as i would very much like to use my G12 zCWC. I'm working on Vandor and Zalbaar now so we can see what fur mountain looks like.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Turvantus wrote: »

It’s good that they’re soaking up teams, but apparently not enough. Guild requires more than a sub par team based on hopes and dreams of soaking up squads to win a war.

Edit; I do like the mentioned Qi’ra team above though. Sounds beast.

@Turvantus That is called an ad hominem attack. Invalid. My guild has lost the last 3 TW. Because we have people fielding teams with 2 mods per person on them. Nothing I can do about it but leave and I'm not going to do that. Although Its extremely frustrating for me, Its not the fault of this team.

Every screen is from the absolute middle zone below the first ships zone. Obviously this is not a front line team.
  • I really really really really really really really wish the devs would add inflict 2 DOT to each enemy, the DOTs can not be resisted or dispelled to Chewies zeta. Then Chewie Vandor Vet Zaalbar and Wampa would be OP. Can we start a petition?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    The Qira squad is better in every other area and on attack. On TW D for a cheap team, Clone Chewie is king.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Here is what we will do. I'll build a better version of this and put it in my next TW. If it wins even 1 battle at our TW then it does it's job. I'll probably sub out vet han for Zaalbar.

Maybe Chewie Vandor Vet Zaalbar and Wampa around 80k power
  • BTW, I'm 99.9% certain that this squad is complete garbage. I don't see how Zinn wouldn't just roll it, even with L3 countering and gaining TM. But we will see. We need to find a home for CWC. He is the most iconic Chewie incarnation.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Here is what we will do. I'll build a better version of this and put it in my next TW. If it wins even 1 battle at our TW then it does it's job. I'll probably sub out vet han for Zaalbar.

Maybe Chewie Vandor Vet Zaalbar and Wampa around 80k power

I make no promises about its performance at high levels, but if I were trying to build a competative team:

Must have Vandor and L3. MIGHT change Clone Chewie for Storm Han lead for his Turn Meter reduction. Attackers would be Raid Han and Young Han. Zeta Vandor, Young Han, Raid Han and Storm Han for the lulz. Nest is also very good and I have used her on this team too.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    BTW, I'm 99.9% certain that this squad is complete garbage. I don't see how Zinn wouldn't just roll it, even with L3 countering and gaining TM. But we will see. We need to find a home for CWC. He is the most iconic Chewie incarnation.

Zinn would probably roll it, but Zinn rolls most teams on offense. Even Traya I hear.
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    Mine is Qira lead, Vandor, Zalabar, L3 and nest. All 7 star but zalabar and nest (at 5)

;)
  • Hmm. You’ve been saying CW chewie for a bit. What would be the requirements - star, gear, and omega wise?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Hmm. You’ve been saying CW chewie for a bit. What would be the requirements - star, gear, and omega wise?

When I started this team My CWC was 6* g8 and he worked just as well. Every ability but his zeta. Again, I make NO PROMISES about this teams effectiveness at high levels. Its a back-line TW defensive team. The times I have been able to watch them actively attack it CWC is killed first and then the team falls apart. But it does its job for its intended purpose.
    Hmm. You’ve been saying CW chewie for a bit. What would be the requirements - star, gear, and omega wise?

When I started this team My CWC was 6* g8 and he worked just as well. Every ability but his zeta. Again, I make NO PROMISES about this teams effectiveness at high levels. Its a back-line TW defensive team. The times I have been able to watch them actively attack it CWC is killed first and then the team falls apart. But it does its job for its intended purpose.

It’s ok. I love the theory craft. ESP when utilizing lower geared or toons we don’t use much. It’s great. And ty.
  • Why not run Captain Han with Vandor under a Q'ira lead? The other 2 would need to be Preparers, and put that zeta on VC. Vandor's automatic revive along with Han's revive of VC could lead to something troublesome.
  • Why not run Captain Han with Vandor under a Q'ira lead? The other 2 would need to be Preparers, and put that zeta on VC. Vandor's automatic revive along with Han's revive of VC could lead to something troublesome.

My problem with prepared buff and ai- they don’t move it around. Only when someone needs prot. So I like this team that you don’t need lando and han to be moving that buff to others.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Why not run Captain Han with Vandor under a Q'ira lead? The other 2 would need to be Preparers, and put that zeta on VC. Vandor's automatic revive along with Han's revive of VC could lead to something troublesome.

My problem with prepared buff and ai- they don’t move it around. Only when someone needs prot. So I like this team that you don’t need lando and han to be moving that buff to others.

Yeah. The prepared mechanic is complicated and has a lot of conditionials and choices. The AI can mess it up bad. In Human control Qira ia a better leader. Under AI control Clone Chewie is better. His abilities are all passive and can't be messed up by the AI. Vandor self preps though, so he is prepared a lot. He will usually blow it on his special though. Anyway I dont have his zeta because people will see it and plan their attack instead of going: "Clone Chewie lead? I'll send in the trash."
    Why not run Captain Han with Vandor under a Q'ira lead? The other 2 would need to be Preparers, and put that zeta on VC. Vandor's automatic revive along with Han's revive of VC could lead to something troublesome.

Yeah. The prepared mechanic is complicated and has a lot of conditionials and choices. The AI can mess it up bad. In Human control Qira ia a better leader. Under AI control Clone Chewie is better. His abilities are all passive and can't be messed up by the AI. Vandor self preps though, so he is prepared a lot. He will usually blow it on his special though. Anyway I dont have his zeta because people will see it and plan their attack instead of going: "Clone Chewie lead? I'll send in the trash."

I think a big part of TW is newer teams that do not have a direct counter or well known counter. And like I said I love the utilization of those vets too.

@Turvantus That is called an ad hominem attack. Invalid. My guild has lost the last 3 TW. Because we have people fielding teams with 2 mods per person on them. Nothing I can do about it but leave and I'm not going to do that. Although Its extremely frustrating for me, Its not the fault of this team.

Every screen is from the absolute middle zone below the first ships zone. Obviously this is not a front line team.

Apparently 8 wins is not a positive because your guild is loosing .... Why couldn't your team defend for others lol
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Apparently 8 wins is not a positive because your guild is loosing .... Why couldn't your team defend for others lol

I know, right? ;)
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    The point, as I understand it, is not to make an invincible def team but to make a team that performs above what ppl expects given its gp/toons. So if a few ppl underestimate the squad it could bring in some def wins and/or force the opponents to use a good squad to beat it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    The point, as I understand it, is not to make an invincible def team but to make a team that performs above what ppl expects given its gp/toons. So if a few ppl underestimate the squad it could bring in some def wins and/or force the opponents to use a good squad to beat it.

Exactly!
  • Wookies need two things to really improve. A better 1st move and the ability to lay massive amounts of dots. Right now Zalbaar is a stud but there is no way to get dots to stick on the board.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Wookies need two things to really improve. A better 1st move and the ability to lay massive amounts of dots. Right now Zalbaar is a stud but there is no way to get dots to stick on the board.

You can put them under IG88 lead as he is a scoundrel and gets all benefits from Vandor but the rez. L3 can rez 88.