• Nightwielder
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Never tell me the odds.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    I wouldn't rush to buy now - as the update is, as they say, very very very very very soon.
    @CG_Carrie
    So you're saying the update is so soon that it actually occurred in the past and we haven't realized it yet?
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    Thank you for releasing that.

I had thought that newer toons had a slightly higher chance to appear in Chromium Mega Packs than the toons that have been around since the start... I was actually thinking about using Chromium Mega Packs as a means to farm the newer Solo movie scoundrels and KOTOR toons ... but if the chances of all toons are the same, then, well, that's out the window.

I have to say, the 2* character unlocks via Marquees have really made Chromiums a very unattractive gamble. Whereas older toons could net you, say, 80 shards if you pulled a full toon card (Barriss, for example), every marquee toon will net only 25 shards if you pull a full toon card. Makes the gamble far less attractive than it used to be.

Chromium is the major driver of the point #4 above about new vs. old. We did used to have two buckets to guarantee one "new" toon and one "old" toon. However it got complicated quickly, how long would a character be new, etc. etc.

But you're dead on, chromium has a lot more value if you're not sitting on most of the characters already.

So, right now, before the next major update, there are still "new/old" buckets? Because you said, "we did used to have two buckets..." implying that that change has already been made. Tell me quick, as now might be the time to use Chromium Mega Packs in order to get some of the newer toons!

I wouldn't rush to buy now - as the update is, as they say, very very very very very soon.

That's fewer verys than your previous post, so it sounds like you're backtracking - and the update is, in fact, not as soon as it was intended to be?

Looks like we've got the makings of a scandal here...
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Does it mean we are getting the infamous TU13 really SOON?

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON™

Don't suppose we could get a bit of info on the cost per tier of slicing a mod, before the update itself (just curious)?

Also, is the trademark on 'SOON', or the whole sentence? This is important to know! :smiley:

(VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON)™

Also, umm don't really have time to do that. :)

Your snark is the primary reason I play this game, now.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I would be more interested in regular gear/shard drop numbers but that’s an interesting reading.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member

Don't suppose we could get a bit of info on the cost per tier of slicing a mod, before the update itself (just curious)?

Also, is the trademark on 'SOON', or the whole sentence? This is important to know! :smiley:

As do I. It is our lot in life, I suppose, master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Strubz wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie
    So you're saying the update is so soon that it actually occurred in the past and we haven't realized it yet?

Aye I don't understand her comment ... if the update is soon, then rushing to buy Chromium mega packs now would be a good thing, as they will be made significantly worse after the update, with the removal of the two bucket system...

edit: particularly considering that Enfys Nest is now the most expensive and longest grind in the game, and while there are still two buckets, you have at least some chance of pulling her

I had thought that newer toons had a slightly higher chance to appear in Chromium Mega Packs than the toons that have been around since the start... I was actually thinking about using Chromium Mega Packs as a means to farm the newer Solo movie scoundrels and KOTOR toons ... but if the chances of all toons are the same, then, well, that's out the window.

I have to say, the 2* character unlocks via Marquees have really made Chromiums a very unattractive gamble. Whereas older toons could net you, say, 80 shards if you pulled a full toon card (Barriss, for example), every marquee toon will net only 25 shards if you pull a full toon card. Makes the gamble far less attractive than it used to be.

Chromium is the major driver of the point #4 above about new vs. old. We did used to have two buckets to guarantee one "new" toon and one "old" toon. However it got complicated quickly, how long would a character be new, etc. etc.

But you're dead on, chromium has a lot more value if you're not sitting on most of the characters already.

So, right now, before the next major update, there are still "new/old" buckets? Because you said, "we did used to have two buckets..." implying that that change has already been made. Tell me quick, as now might be the time to use Chromium Mega Packs in order to get some of the newer toons!

So, like, in August :wink:
  • Wow, that word made it through the filters. You all should probably update that.

As do I. It is our lot in life, I suppose, master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

"That is the way of the dark side, after all, isn't it? All things end in death"
  • CG Carrie post?
    Looking forward to the usual letdown and how the game is becoming worse once again.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Wow, didn't see this coming till it would be court ordered. Thank you for bringing this out.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member

HK-47 rework confirmed? :P
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Thank you for disclosing this information. It harms no one and keeps everyone educated. Could provide statistics on other RNG reliant drop rates such as gear drops (Rancor / Haat) and fear / shard drops on nodes in the future?

Even though we all pretty much know it it would be nice if the game told you flat out
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    szycck3i2qbu.gif

Didn't you already kill off Acolyte with the nerf? Is someone next on the chopping block?
    RE: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/177940/preventing-critolyte-second-pass-mega#latest
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lawyers required it since some people are addicted to gambling??

Yeah to legally protect themselves in the event of law changes or what you said...

But they tell you that it's to better our experience...that it's for us....a gift from them.....

Talk about spin lolol....
  • There is a new character release today, as there are no events going at the moment.
  • Introducing New Legal Requirements *

I am taking that to mean today or tomorrow at the latest.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Take or leave it as the saying goes. :)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Friday 4:45 pm lol
  • Bhbravehart
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    These probabilities are crappy!!!
  • It is our lot in life, I suppose, master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

You know that comment will set speculation on the forums alight again right...

Good update, added some much needed forum fun as well, bonus, now off to service my droids, so to speak
  • Never tell me the odds.

Han probably isn’t happy with this update. But I think he’s the only one.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Thursday. Hopefully with a preview of September events and *fingers crossed* the next legendary. please be jango
  • Atlas1 wrote: »

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Thursday. Hopefully with a preview of September events and *fingers crossed* the next legendary. please be jango

The update is downloadable in app stores right now. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't pushed in a few hours.
  • Thanks for revealing this! Will you reveal other probabilities too? Like node drops and chances to get certain shards in certain stores?