Could we see possible changes to Legendary Events?

Tanzos
219 posts Member
So it seems pretty likely we'll be getting some legendary events in the coming months. With that said it's been a long time since we had a new legendary. Usually these events require 5 characters from a specific faction tag at * levels.

However, since the game has been out for so long and most of the player base has been acquiring full faction sets for things like mod challenges and TW/TB, it would seem any new legendary would be fairly easy to acquire at 7*'s right away for probably a huge amount of players; effectively making that character not so rare.

For example: Say Jango is a new legendary. He could require a few possible factions for unlocking (Separatists, Bounty Hunters, Jedi, Clones???). With all the Bounty Hunter love recently with the Galactic Bounties events and TB requirements, pretty much everyone has a decent BH roster. Separatists maybe but they haven't been touched in ages and many of them are from other factions so are probably also well farmed. Everyone has Jedi, and Clones kinda seem like a weird requirement for Jango so doubtful.

The point is how rare would Jango be if he needed either of those factions to be unlocked.

For other new legendary characters the same problem applies. We have so many characters now and so many requirements, having a full faction is really easy nowadays.

Unless they make the missions SUPER difficult, I could forsee some changes to the regular requirements. Like say 1-2 specific character requirements within a faction. For example Jango would need Zam and 4 BH's. Or Count Dooku and 4 Seps. Or maybe both Zam and Dooku and 3 other Seps/BH's.

It's just a thought. I think legendaries in their previous requirements were fine way back when. But today it doesn't seem too "rare" if you catch my drift. I think that's why Hero's Journey's were created in the way they were to make them "rare".

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They have also made events that are not easy without a certain combination of toons, or maxed toons.

So if you needed a full g12 team to do it, or embo and sing both 7*, a BH legendary would still be "rare" enough. Even a 7* bastilla would be similar. Legendary are not super rare, and most veteran players have finished them the first time around.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have also made events that are not easy without a certain combination of toons, or maxed toons.

So if you needed a full g12 team to do it, or embo and sing both 7*, a BH legendary would still be "rare" enough. Even a 7* bastilla would be similar. Legendary are not super rare, and most veteran players have finished them the first time around.

Yep, I was thinking about that as well.
    OP, you can be pretty sure that if there's a BH legendary event, you'll have no chance without one or more of the new BHs.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah I agree making it difficult to require a high gear to unlock is probably what's gonna happen. Which is why I'm planning on getting Zeta's on my BH's next. But it's just food for thought since it's been so long since we had a legendary.

The Phoenix situation with Thrawn was unique because they created a new specific faction for that. Whereas Bounty Hunters aren't new. Old Republic is but I don't think there's even 5 of them yet anyway to "panic farm".

Edit: Actually there are 5 Old Republics, well guess we can expect that to be a panic farm at the end of that release cadence. Just like Thrawn...
    Post edited by Tanzos on
  • I like what you're thinking. I don't share all of your theories/reasoning specifically, but I think a lot of people's speculation begins with, "every legenday event in the past..." and then goes off as if the past 100% dictates the future. I think the past is an obvious and wise place to start, but if you're not forecasting any twists and turns at all, you're probably going to make a bad guess as to what the future holds.
  • Traditionally the one of the key distinctions between Legendary and Heroes Journey events is that the former requires a faction, whereas the latter requires specific toons.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    When you think about it, the most recent legendary (Thrawn or BB8, can't remember which one) actually required specific characters too, because there were ONLY 5-6 characters in that faction anyway. That's how they made them difficult to obtain.

What's the difference between needing Old Ben, FLuke, Leia, R2, and STHan for CLS and Phasma, FOO, FOTP, Kylo and FOST for BB8? Just that R2 himself was a legendary character needed for a Hero Journey.

So back then they made Legendaries more scarce by using factions that actually needed specific characters (since the faction only had 5) or were just made available to farm like Phoenix. That was their tactic for the most recent legendaries.

However looking at the first two, Yoda and Palpatine, they required the easiest factions of Jedi and Rebels because the game was so young and wanted to make it actually playable to those who were well ahead and deserved it.

Then with R2 they used Empire (which were pretty easy to obtain) but made Zader lead pretty useless by making the enemies immume to TM reduction. So they used special mechanics to add difficultly.

So looking at the trends of how the requirements have evolved, we can probably expect a minor change to the requirements, or keep the requirements regular but add a twist in some way like special mechanics or a difficultly wall that could only be broken by needing a recent marquee (Aurra/Embo), which is in essence "needing a specific character" as we've all mentioned. Even if it's not a "requirement" to attempt.

Whatever they do I hope the new characters are worth it.