Getting JRT and Zetas

Prev1
Hi all,

Simple question here...

I'm currently farming the team to get JTR. I'm having no real problems except the inevitable grinding of the Vets. I might be ready the next time around, or if not then the time after that. Anyway.

I've got a Zeta to drop...could go on BB8, Scavenger or Finn.

I guess my question is- do I need it to get JTR? I'm guessing not.

I hear Finn is awesome with a Zeta but declining in worth. I've never actually used him and not all that fussed about doing so.

I don't hear anything about Scavenger's Zeta so assuming it's not great.

BB8 then? And I'll guess I'll be using him when I get JTR? So maybe answered my own question in writing it! :smile:

Anyway, your thoughts?

P.s. I've never run a Resistance squad and have little interest in doing so.

Thanks to all.

Replies

• How often are you getting full zetas? If it’s every 2-3 weeks, do bb8. If it’s longer, hold on to them in case you get JTR. That’s how I would do it, anyway.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    medioXcore wrote: »
    How often are you getting full zetas? If it’s every 2-3 weeks, do bb8. If it’s longer, hold on to them in case you get JTR. That’s how I would do it, anyway.

Makes a lot of sense- thank you. I don't get them all that often.

So - no Zetas necessary to get her?
  • medioXcore
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    medioXcore wrote: »
    How often are you getting full zetas? If it’s every 2-3 weeks, do bb8. If it’s longer, hold on to them in case you get JTR. That’s how I would do it, anyway.

Makes a lot of sense- thank you. I don't get them all that often.

So - no Zetas necessary to get her?

From what I’ve heard, no. Tier 5 is supposedly the hardest, but doable without zetas and max gear. I don’t have her yet, missed it by a few shards of the vets last time.

Also, if you don’t plan on running resistance teams, bb8’s “rolling with the punches” zeta won’t be much help.
  • No zetas are necessary, or even terribly helpful, in getting JTR.

The limiting fight has Finn, Rey, and Chewie. Chewie's zeta isn't worth it in general. Finn's doesn't really have a team to key off of. Rey's doesn't really help with that fight.

As soon as you get a zeta on JTR's lead, Finn is relegated to a B team Resistance leader. And while there are absolutely enough materials to make that Resistance B team really good in Territory Wars, that's gonna be a while.

Your baseline is G8, but I'd advise pushing Finn and Rey significantly higher, and using your best mods. The better your mods, the less gear you'll need.

I recommend getting all Rey's omegas, because you're going to need the damage, most of Finn's omegas, and an omega on Chewie's basic.
    Still not a he.
  • @YaeVizsla - thanks so much. Already got Finn, Rey and BB8 at gear 10, just need to get some good mods on. They can always go on last. All Omegas on Finn, Rey and BB8 also.

Thanks also @medioXcore .

• I would hold on to the zeta, see if you need to give it to Finn, if not, then great and add it to JTR lead when you unlock her. I didn't have great mods and needed to zeta Finn, but no regrets. His zeta is really good in TB and TW.
  • Most JTR teams rely at least in part on BB's Roll With the Punches. So, there's that..
    But it's certainly not needed to get JTR.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Zeta isn't necesary to get JTR, but you can spend it on Finn, which is very useful also in pvp, raids and TB. If you want to choose BB8 is a programmed choice for your future JTR team. Or you can save them for the new character that you are going to unlock.
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Thank you all for your kind and wise help.

I think I will forget about Zetaing anyone right now.

By the time I unlock JTR I'm pretty sure I'll have at least two by then...so will slap one on her, one on BB8 and good to go!

Thank you again.
  • Presumably you can move across your best Arena mods - which may be much easier if the Mod 2.0 lets us make sets!
    I got BB8 with awful FOrder characters....because I moved across my Arena mods.
  • Hi all.

Right - I have Rey, Finn and BB8 up to Gear 10. All Omegaed, no Zetas on them.

Chewie and Han are Gear 8. All Omegaed.

Reckon that will be enough?

Apart from BB8 I really don't want to invest anymore into any of them.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

That's where I had them, only difference is I had Finn zeta, but as pointed out not needed.
  • Thanks mate...I can Zeta Finn...I've got two Zetas ready to go. I just don't really want to...
  • Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

That's enough. I did it with Rey at G10, Finn and Chewie at G8. Took a bunch of tries on the tough tier to get good RNG so hopefully you won't have to try so many times.
  • Thanks...er...Stud lol ;)

I figure I can hold a couple of Zetas back in reserve. And also put on Arena mods if I absolutely have to.
  • Thanks mate...I can Zeta Finn...I've got two Zetas ready to go. I just don't really want to...

Tier 5 is the hardest and you can only use Finn and the vets. So there isn't a lot of exposes going around anyways. Just make sure everyone can take a few hits.
    If you haven't watched a video on the event, it might give you an idea of what to expect.

Tier 5 is the hardest and you can only use Finn and the vets. So there isn't a lot of exposes going around anyways. Just make sure everyone can take a few hits.
    If you haven't watched a video on the event, it might give you an idea of what to expect.

Thanks for the wise advice.

Not watched a vid...I like a little bit of surprise and excitement lol...but probably should do. Thank you.

Thanks for the wise advice.

Not watched a vid...I like a little bit of surprise and excitement lol...but probably should do. Thank you.

You can go in blind and keep the surprises, you might just need to switch out some mods. Hopefully she comes back soon and you can join the club!
  • You can go in blind and keep the surprises, you might just need to switch out some mods. Hopefully she comes back soon and you can join the club!

Yeah, that's right!

I don't think I will get her next time around unfortunately. My Vets won't be 7 star I don't think. However, the time after that - she's mine!

• You can go in blind and keep the surprises, you might just need to switch out some mods. Hopefully she comes back soon and you can join the club!

Yeah, that's right!

I don't think I will get her next time around unfortunately. My Vets won't be 7 star I don't think. However, the time after that - she's mine!

How close are you to 7* them?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not too close...I think I'll probably/maybe/with luck get them to 6 Star this month.
  • Not too close...I think I'll probably/maybe/with luck get them to 6 Star this month.

So 5*? There is the pack that comes out if you get close, assuming you're into that
  • Not too close...I think I'll probably/maybe/with luck get them to 6 Star this month.

So 5*? There is the pack that comes out if you get close, assuming you're into that

I'm kind of not into that. But...I might be...

Do you know if it's a pack that gives guaranteed goodies? Back in the day I dropped some cash not realising what I was getting was but a gamble...I got very little and haven't paid for anything since...

If what I'm buying is guaranteed...and it's not ridiculously expensive...and it will get me JTR this time around...then I might...

Do you know if it's a pack that gives guaranteed goodies? Back in the day I dropped some cash not realising what I was getting was but a gamble...I got very little and haven't paid for anything since...

If what I'm buying is guaranteed...and it's not ridiculously expensive...and it will get me JTR this time around...then I might...

It's guaranteed shards gear etc..... I think it's about $40
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Not too close...I think I'll probably/maybe/with luck get them to 6 Star this month.

It's guaranteed shards gear etc..... I think it's about $40

Thanks Bubs...

Hmm, that's about 30 quid...birthday coming up...
  • Guaranteed 50 shards of each, some purple mats I believe and some low level gear. I think it was only 30$ but could be wrong. I'm too lazy to find the original post lol
  • Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

I mean that is fine to think that but sith raid P1 gets the most damage with Rey scavenger in it. So you might as well just think about maxing her out to better the squad for P1.

• Jml727 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

I mean that is fine to think that but sith raid P1 gets the most damage with Rey scavenger in it. So you might as well just think about maxing her out to better the squad for P1.

Good advice, thanks.
  • I'm not going to get very far am I? LOL.

Rey: Lvl 82, zeta'd, Gear 8 (5/6), Speed = 133, (no mods)
    BB8: Lvl 82, max'd no zeta, Gear 8 (2/6), Speed = 177
    Finn: Lvl 80, max'd no zeta, Gear 8 (5/6), Speed = 137
    Old Chewie: Lvl 80, max'd no zeta, Gear 8 (3/6), Speed = 96, (no mods)
    Old Han: Lvl 80, max'd no zeta, Gear 8 (1/6), Speed = 139, (no mods)
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Mod up and you have a reasonable shot. Try and get more gear on Rey, Finn, and/or Chewie in the interim.
    Still not a he.