Absurd slicing mats requirements

Prev1
I have been farming hard nodes pretty exclusively since the "bonus" drops. I collected an assortment of different mats. Almost 40 in total. From chats with guild mates, they got similar results.

I cannot slice a single mod. Not even from grey to green. This is worse than RI mats and ship omegas combined.

Replies

• Aliea
    63 posts Member
    Drop rates are horrible
  • i haven't seen the requirements yet but i don't doubt their absurdity. this game has really gone downhill the last several months, and i'd be shocked if the requirements were reasonable.
  • Slicing resources:
    grey to green: 10 bonding pins
    green to blue: 15 fusion disks and 5 bonding pins
    blue to purple: 25 flow control chips and 10 fusion disks
    purple to gold: 35 fusion coils and 15 flow control chips
    Mk6 isn't live yet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    This was meant to be a bonus, we have not unlocked and used the "real" farming method. It was moody likely designed for people who wanted to refresh a lot to have a stock ready before hand.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    I believe mods will get their own energy, therefore farming mods should get us the materials we need to slice. So I’d wait till the entire update is rolled out before getting to upset.

I’m just glad they didn’t drop 6* mods without slicing. There was a lot of time and effort put into our 5* and slicing is a great solution to our efforts.
  • It's a negotiating technique called Highball. The high demand frustrates and upsets then when it's brought down it makes you feel like you accomplished something in the negotiating or in this case complaining.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    I believe mods will get their own energy, therefore farming mods should get us the materials we need to slice.
    They confirmed this...... somewhere.... The search function on the mobile site is bad and I can’t find it. But, yeah, they confirmed that mods will have their own energy that works like Ship energy inasmuch as it won’t count toward the 600 daily.

They also confirmed that spending this energy on mods (I think specifically mod challenges, but as I said I can’t find it because search is bad) is how you get slicing materials. Hopefully there’ll be a challenge or heist, too, but that isn’t even suggested yet.
    So I’d wait till the entire update is rolled out before getting to upset.
    Ahahahaha on this board? Ahahaha.... Oh, golly. I mean, you’re not wrong—people SHOULD wait until it’s released to get mad. But they won’t!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    I believe mods will get their own energy, therefore farming mods should get us the materials we need to slice. So I’d wait till the entire update is rolled out before getting to upset.

I’m just glad they didn’t drop 6* mods without slicing. There was a lot of time and effort put into our 5* and slicing is a great solution to our efforts.

Are you crazy or what!!?! A six dot mod farm would be way faster then farming materials to upgrade mods. Do the math. Think about your grey green and blue mods and slicing them to gold then to 6. I would rather have grey green blue 6 dots and keep the old system of upgrading them to gold. This is as lame an update as you can make it. Never mind putting RNG into the equation.
    RNG on one object or on 7 materials.
  • So we are getting the update? Just wondering, I got the reboot during arena but nothing to download.
  • Battlefront mentality...
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member

I sure hope you are correct. What I’m afraid however is that mod challenges (where you farm mods) will be changed to use the new mod energy and a new mod table similar to ships pve table will be added and that’s where all the slicing mats are. Hence we still have to decide whether we want to use the new mod energy to farm mods or slicing mats.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It's kinda crazy that it will be hard to turn a 5* mod to a 6
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »
    This was meant to be a bonus, we have not unlocked and used the "real" farming method. It was moody likely designed for people who wanted to refresh a lot to have a stock ready before hand.
    Go ahead, you can say it; it was designed for WHALES.
  • *sigh* I'm still smarting from the 6-dot mods i won fair and square that got REPO'd during Modgate 1.0
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Whale here, and I can say that nope this wasn’t made for whales.
    I have everyone unlocked,lv 85, nearly all 7* with every single one with 5 dot maxed out mods. You think I want to farm that much material,currency or buy packs to upgrade my mods. 6 dot mod would have been way easier to swallow then this. This will break the game you watch. Unless they offer 100% drop rate on material it’s a pointless update.
    They could have simply made a 6 dot then a 7 dot in the future when needed. This pace is way to slow for anyone to even care or see any significance from it.
  • Update available in the playstore for android.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Go ahead, you can say it; it was designed for WHALES.

Go ahead, you can say it; you don't know how it works and you've filled in the blanks with supposition and rumor.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I sliced all my mods. They are all yellow now.

Joke
  • Stilgar
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's more the artificial scarcity they create in every aspect of the game.You will end up with thousands of the common slicing mats and 0 of the rares.
  • If it going to be able to slice 1 mode per month... Then is useless improvement
    For now it looks like that...
    Yeah i inderstand that they (EA/CG) living out of this (not only this) but if i am becoming anxious cause of game... Whts the point ill just quit.
  • if it takes a month to get all the bits together to slice something, then say defence rolls, people are going to be pretty darn annoyed...

well just have to see how it pans out.
  • Looking forward to whales over 4.5M GP having 140 Toons with +150 speed
  • Absurd is very representative of most things SWGoH.
  • Is it really going to be that ridiculous if there is a chapter 9 in mod battles with each battle dropping a specific salvage? They have their own energy and the refreshes are 50 crystals. It may not be as apocalyptic as you assume.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I believe whales dolphins and aggressive f2p will find a way to get double and triple materials needed to progress and slice mods. And after a couple weeks they will start to have 6*mod arena teams. I believe slice materials will be like MK3 carbontis. This will turn out to be much more efficient then a 6* drop. Let’s wait and see before we condemn.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    I believe whales dolphins and aggressive f2p will find a way to get double and triple materials needed to progress and slice mods. And after a couple weeks they will start to have 6*mod arena teams. I believe slice materials will be like MK3 carbontis. This will turn out to be much more efficient then a 6* drop. Let’s wait and see before we condemn.

I tend to agree. Let's give the update time to fully roll out, experience the farming of said materials, then come to conclusions.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    If we can complete a 6* mod as often as we can completa Mk3 Carbanti, I will indeed declare this a success. But I suspect it will be slower than zetas. And you need *far* more of them.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Im hoping there is not an attempt limit. Seeing energy refreshes at 50 crystals makes me worried.
  • Yeah guys, mods will have their own energy and has been officially released..... but just the energy. I don’t see a point in giving us a way to spend it upon a large update. I just like looking at maxed energy. More of a decoration release, much needed.

Tbh they should leave it the way it is. I’d rather have energy with no way to spend it, it’s less stressful.
This discussion has been closed.